Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sussex 2012 Applicant's Thread

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just put Sussex as my insurance for Neuroscience
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sussex told me they'd get back to me Monday. They didn't. My course is in extra. They're probably fishing for better applicants and keeping me for back up.

Thanks Sussex you really know how to make a girl feel special.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beebumble)
    Sussex told me they'd get back to me Monday. They didn't. My course is in extra. They're probably fishing for better applicants and keeping me for back up.

Thanks Sussex you really know how to make a girl feel special.
    It probably depends on how competitive the course is, what did you apply for?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swbp)
    It probably depends on how competitive the course is, what did you apply for?
    English Language.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    English Language.
    That's probably why, it's one of the best departments at the university and they're really well known for it, but i'm sure they'll ge back to you soon
    Why are you in extra if you don't mind me asking?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swbp)
    That's probably why, it's one of the best departments at the university and they're really well known for it, but i'm sure they'll ge back to you soon
    Why are you in extra if you don't mind me asking?
    No I'm not in extra the course is! I just had a sneak peak because Sussex is the only place that hadn't got back to me and I was wondering why.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not in extra the course is! I just had a sneak peak because Sussex is the only place that hadn't got back to me and I was wondering why.
    I'm not really sure, they've probably had loads of applicants. Is it your top choice?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I shall firm Sussex for BSc Economics. Yay!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else applied for law with french?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justn1c2)
    What subject??
    Media Practice.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been invited for an interview from sussex for physics with foundation year, but living 500+ miles away and leaving my job to go back to college (studying access course atm) I can't afford to get down there, cheapest I've found is £60, which doesn't sound much but it's £60 I can't spare.

In the letter I recieved it states I can ask to be considered without attending the interview, how much harm will this do my application? I'm assuming my offer will be quite high since they don't know what skill I'm working and can't test me.

Has anyone else been in my position? Or could a student at sussex tell me the process? Thanks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    Am currently a first year at Sussex and just wanted to let you know how awesome it is here.
    Good choice - good luck with your exams and other stuff of that nature.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just put Sussex as my insurance for English
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvitty)
    I've been invited for an interview from sussex for physics with foundation year, but living 500+ miles away and leaving my job to go back to college (studying access course atm) I can't afford to get down there, cheapest I've found is £60, which doesn't sound much but it's £60 I can't spare.

In the letter I recieved it states I can ask to be considered without attending the interview, how much harm will this do my application? I'm assuming my offer will be quite high since they don't know what skill I'm working and can't test me.

Has anyone else been in my position? Or could a student at sussex tell me the process? Thanks.
    I suppose it depends on how well you interview? If you suck at interviewing, not going might not be so bad. If you think you could impress them and show them that you would be a valuable student to have, its probably a good idea to go. You could also email them or ring them and they might be able to give you an interview over the phone, i have heard Universities do that for people that live far away (although usually overseas).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvitty)

Have you tried checking one of the coach companies (National Express, Megabus)?
    They are usually supercheap and offer student discounts.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justn1c2)
    I suppose it depends on how well you interview? If you suck at interviewing, not going might not be so bad. If you think you could impress them and show them that you would be a valuable student to have, its probably a good idea to go. You could also email them or ring them and they might be able to give you an interview over the phone, i have heard Universities do that for people that live far away (although usually overseas).
    I'd interview on a personal level well but a test under pressure I'd probably crumble :/ so yeah it's just they're probably going to give me a high offer if I don't go.

(Original post by thefunktopus69)
    Have you tried checking one of the coach companies (National Express, Megabus)?
    They are usually supercheap and offer student discounts.
    Yeah I've checked but national express is quite expensive and megabus doesn't go to brighton from where I live, it goes to london and portsmouth and the connecting train bumps the price up by £30 or £40 unfortunately.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    £4500 for a placement year? sussex are you serious? you money grubbing bastards. you can smd.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to the neuroscience admissions day on the 30th March?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humy369)
    Is anyone going to the nueroscience admissions day on the 30th March?
    Nope, I can't get there, but you should learn to spell "neuroscience" before you study it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by braiiins)
    Nope, I can't get there, but you should learn to spell "neuroscience" before you study it
    Damn that was a typo. You probably don't believe me

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 8, 2013
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.