The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

I am hoping to go to sussex this year to study psychology.
I need to get AAB.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by swbp
I've firmed Sussex for Geography, so if you end uo choosing them we'll be in the same department! :smile:
That's a big dilemma. The bottom line is, they both have solid reputations as universities, however Durham is more prestigious overall which might help your employment a bit.
In terms of location/social aspect Sussex will be far better; the city is really vibrant and the nightlife is great. Durham as a town is far more traditional so there probably wont be as much to do. It really depends on what your priorities are - prestige or location and social life :smile:

Also i am DESPERATE to get into Brighthelm, the Kitchens looked so nice!

I've also firmed Sussex for BA Geography :smile: offer AAB. What's your insurance? x
Reply 582
Original post by emelizabeth
I've also firmed Sussex for BA Geography :smile: offer AAB. What's your insurance? x

Royal Holloway, you?
Reply 583
Studying English Lang/Lit : D It's my first choice but I've not heard back from two others yet so haven't replied. But I'm dying to go there
Reply 584
Original post by Chammy
Studying English Lang/Lit : D It's my first choice but I've not heard back from two others yet so haven't replied. But I'm dying to go there

I think you're the first other person I found doing English Lit & Lang :smile: What other unis are you applying to?
Reply 585
Original post by jojayne
I think you're the first other person I found doing English Lit & Lang :smile: What other unis are you applying to?

Oh thank god, you're the first person for me too! I've applied to QM, King's and UCL but got rejected from UCL. I have an interview at QM but I don't really see the point in going because I have set my heart on Sussex so much! Haven't heard from King's yet but I don't really care now because Sussex was always my first choice :smile: How about you? Where are your first/insurances?
Reply 586
Original post by Chammy
Oh thank god, you're the first person for me too! I've applied to QM, King's and UCL but got rejected from UCL. I have an interview at QM but I don't really see the point in going because I have set my heart on Sussex so much! Haven't heard from King's yet but I don't really care now because Sussex was always my first choice :smile: How about you? Where are your first/insurances?

I wish I was as sure as you! I have five conditionals from Birmingham, Nottingham, Reading, Sussex and UEA. But I have no idea, where I want to go..But I'm going to the Sussex visit day next month so hopefully I'll decide by then! If anything Sussex will hopefully be my insurance choice :smile: and Birmingham or Nottingham my firm. But I love, love the course it looks so good..Grr I hate making decisions!
Reply 587
Original post by jojayne
I wish I was as sure as you! I have five conditionals from Birmingham, Nottingham, Reading, Sussex and UEA. But I have no idea, where I want to go..But I'm going to the Sussex visit day next month so hopefully I'll decide by then! If anything Sussex will hopefully be my insurance choice :smile: and Birmingham or Nottingham my firm. But I love, love the course it looks so good..Grr I hate making decisions!

Pfffff Sussex is where it's attt! I have a few friends there and they all seem to love it and the societies sound amazing. I hope I don't fall in love with QM when I go there next week - that could make things more difficult...
Reply 588
Original post by Chammy
Pfffff Sussex is where it's attt! I have a few friends there and they all seem to love it and the societies sound amazing. I hope I don't fall in love with QM when I go there next week - that could make things more difficult...

Ooh It does sound good... decisions, decisions! You'll love QM, it was really nice when I visited, a bit too close to home for me, but nice...apart from the graveyard there! :eek:
Reply 589
Original post by jojayne
Ooh It does sound good... decisions, decisions! You'll love QM, it was really nice when I visited, a bit too close to home for me, but nice...apart from the graveyard there! :eek:

I had a dream about going to a university next to a graveyard and then the bodies all reanimated:eek:

*crosses out QM >_>*

http://www.sussexstudent.com/minisites/?cat_id=2883 The societies were the main thing that drew me there. Pirate club! Humans vs Zombies! Oh, man, that's the good stuff.
Reply 590
I would soo join the ukulele club :awesome: Haha I think you may be convincing me! It's not everyday you get to join a Human Vs Zombies society!
Reply 591
Haha I'm glad! Go there! Pirate Club beckons :P
Reply 592
Original post by Chammy
Haha I'm glad! Go there! Pirate Club beckons :P

Definitely! well, as long as I get my own pirate name:wink: Hope you like QM...minus the graveyard :P
anyone for law with business? i'm going to firmly accept sussex in a few day time when i can be bothered to log on to ucas lol x_x
Reply 594
I have an Offer to study biochemistry at Sussex, yay! And i was very close to accepting this offer a while ago, but i read stories about the university making lots of teachers redundant and accepting lots more students (for more money im guessing) and ive also heard some former students saying that some places looked run down. This makes me worry that the Uni is not doing so well and it makes me hesitate to accept the offer. Is there someone out in TSR that will put my worries at rest? :smile:
Original post by Chammy

another person set on sussex but thinking of QM sigh lool, does the fact they're going to be a part of the russell group change your opinion in anyway?
Reply 596
Hi everyone!

I just got an offer to study Business and Management with placement. I'm just worried about the living cost... I heard it is pretty high since it is near London :/ Unfortunately I cannot check it myself since I live in United Arab Emirates :P So, is it true?

EDIT:
FIRMED! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 597
Original post by youngzwavey
another person set on sussex but thinking of QM sigh lool, does the fact they're going to be a part of the russell group change your opinion in anyway?

Yes! It really did :s It definitely increases prestige by a hell of a lot...
Original post by Chammy
Yes! It really did :s It definitely increases prestige by a hell of a lot...

mmm, ahh whoever thought it would be this hard to choose a shortlist of 5 unis and 1 you wanted to go to over all the others
i firmed Sussex yesterday for medical neuroscience :smile: woopwoop

Quick Reply

Latest