The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
I have firmed it as well. I just hope I'll meet the requirements! How are we supposed to choose the accommodation? Will we get an email or something?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 601
Original post by zeptobecki
i firmed Sussex yesterday for medical neuroscience :smile: woopwoop

I put Sussex as my insurance for neuroscience, but was thinking I might try and see if I could switch it to medical neuroscience - what made you choose medical over regular? I'm still not quite sure of the difference...
Reply 602
Had Sussex as my insurance, but rang up yesterday and asked to change and was thankfully still in my 7 day 'cool down' period! so have Firmed Sussex for Biochemistry!
I have recently received a conditional offer to study History & Politics at Sussex. However, I did intend on picking Kent as my firm should I receive an offer from them but I only had the interview yesterday (which I screwed up!:frown:) and have been given no indication as to how long I will have to wait to hear back from them.

If they are going to ponce around taking ages to notify me before finally informing me I have been rejected, then obviously it would be sensible to firm Sussex right now. But unfortunately I have not mastered the art of seeing into the future so as things stand I am just twiddling my thumbs and waiting anxiously to hear back from Kent. I am worried if I leave it too long, it will cost me dearly in terms of securing accomodation at Sussex.

Ahh! What should I do!?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 604
Original post by BolloTheGorilla
I have recently received a conditional offer to study History & Politics at Sussex. However, I did intend on picking Kent as my firm should I receive an offer from them but I only had the interview yesterday (which I screwed up!:frown:) and have been given no indication as to how long I will have to wait to hear back from them.

If they are going to ponce around taking ages to notify me before finally informing me I have been rejected, then obviously it would be sensible to firm Sussex right now. But unfortunately I have not mastered the art of seeing into the future so as things stand I am just twiddling my thumbs and waiting anxiously to hear back from Kent. I am worried if I leave it too long, it will cost me dearly in terms of securing accomodation at Sussex.

Ahh! What should I do!?

Sussex don't send out accommodation application forms untill April, so you're safe for now haha :smile:
Reply 605
Got unconditional offer for Msc Int. Management yesterday! *yeeeeeey*
Anyone going to the open/offer day tomorrow?
anyone applying for psychology? :smile:
Original post by emelizabeth
Anyone going to the open/offer day tomorrow?

Yeah, what course did you apply for? :smile: xx
BA Geography :smile: you?
Firmed Sussex for Anthropology & International Development yesterday... anyone else going in for either of those ?
Reply 611
I've firmed Sussex for Economics BSC :smile:

Really looking forward to hopefully studying t ere next year, especially with the new Economics building,but generally pretty great.

That being said I've just got to work hard to get the AAB.

Has anyone else firmed Sussex for Economics?
Original post by emelizabeth
BA Geography :smile: you?

Oh cool :smile: BSc Computer Science :smile:
Reply 613
We need a 2012 firmers thread, for all the people who've made the right choice :wink:
Reply 614
Original post by swbp
We need a 2012 firmers thread, for all the people who've made the right choice :wink:

heheh agree!
Original post by Olush
I have firmed it as well. I just hope I'll meet the requirements! How are we supposed to choose the accommodation? Will we get an email or something?

Can't remember exactly I think we will next month it was on their site but I'm pretty sure it hasn't started yet so you won't be last
Reply 616
Original post by youngzwavey
Can't remember exactly I think we will next month it was on their site but I'm pretty sure it hasn't started yet so you won't be last

Thanks! one more question. I have an account on the websites of all the other unis I have applied to, should I get one from Sussex as well?
Original post by justn1c2
I have an Offer to study biochemistry at Sussex, yay! And i was very close to accepting this offer a while ago, but i read stories about the university making lots of teachers redundant and accepting lots more students (for more money im guessing) and ive also heard some former students saying that some places looked run down. This makes me worry that the Uni is not doing so well and it makes me hesitate to accept the offer. Is there someone out in TSR that will put my worries at rest? :smile:

I'm currently a 1st year at Sussex and I've not heard anything about lots of lecturers being made redundant. Sussex is very research based uni and the majority of lecturers are active researchers and do various other things as well as teach at the uni, so mass redundancy seems pretty unlikely to me. It is true that there are some older buildings where the lecture theatres/seminar rooms aren't in such great condition, but they still have all the facilities available even if the seats are a bit tatty or whatever, so I wouldn't be put off by this. Sussex is a great uni and Brighton is a fantastic place.
Original post by Olush
Thanks! one more question. I have an account on the websites of all the other unis I have applied to, should I get one from Sussex as well?

umm i wouldn't know, what type of account do you have, i don't have any..

also i just got the email today about accommodation from sussex as it happens, as long as you firmly accept sussex you can log into their application site now and sign in with your ucas personal id and apply
Got an offer for Psychology :biggrin: stuck between firming sussex or leeds now :confused:
Bit worried that I didn't take psychology as an a level though, is anyone else in the same position?

Quick Reply

Latest