The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Once you've firmed Exeter, does anybody know how long it takes for them to ask you to state your preference for accommodation? has anybody done this yet?x
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by NICKYnackynockynoo
Once you've firmed Exeter, does anybody know how long it takes for them to ask you to state your preference for accommodation? has anybody done this yet?x

Hi Nicky,

I firmed Exeter a little while ago and i've received an email telling me to apply for accommodation before 31st July 2012. I looked on the University Accommodation website and online applications for new students opens on April 16th. All you need to do is register on the website once you have been given your student number (this should have been at the top of the recent term dates email, or at least mine was).

Hope this helps :smile:

I sooooooo cant wait to start now!!!!
Reply 1102
Just firmed Exeter for Modern Languages! :biggrin: anyone else? :smile:
Original post by Skara666
Hi Nicky,

I firmed Exeter a little while ago and i've received an email telling me to apply for accommodation before 31st July 2012. I looked on the University Accommodation website and online applications for new students opens on April 16th. All you need to do is register on the website once you have been given your student number (this should have been at the top of the recent term dates email, or at least mine was).

Do you think the Exeter reference number at the top of the email attachment letter is what they call the 'student number' that they say will be sent to you then?

Bit confused.

:smile:
Original post by catoswyn
Do you think the Exeter reference number at the top of the email attachment letter is what they call the 'student number' that they say will be sent to you then?

Bit confused.

Yeah sorry, i didn't make myself very clear. The Exeter Ref Number is the student number. Should be 9 numbers long and start with either a 5 or a 6.

This was the number i used to register with on the accommodation website, and it came up with all my details so i'm assuming so :smile:

Hope this is a bit clearer.
Yeah sorry, i didn't make myself very clear. The Exeter Ref Number is the student number. Should be 9 numbers long and start with either a 5 or a 6.

This was the number i used to register with on the accommodation website, and it came up with all my details so i'm assuming so :smile:

Hope this is a bit clearer.

Thanks! That's great information.... :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1106
Any Engineers?
Hi Nicky,

thankyou!! same! what course are you doing? what accom do you think you'll put down?:biggrin:
Original post by Alexander94
I am doing Econ/History via FCH and still havent heard... it was 5 months ago that I applied, am not happy!

Unfortunately was rejected on wednesday :frown: Luckily for you you're probably still in the running then :smile: I hope it works out for you :smile:
thankyou!! same! what course are you doing? what accom do you think you'll put down?:biggrin:

I'll hopefully be studying Archaeology, i always liked to get dirty hehehehe.

I'm not too sure about the accommodation, i like the look of St Germans so that will probably be one of my choices. As for the rest, i'll have to do some serious research (i.e whichever one is closer to the Archaeology department). :smile:

What about you?
Original post by studentccs
Unfortunately was rejected on wednesday :frown: Luckily for you you're probably still in the running then :smile: I hope it works out for you :smile:

Ahh I'm sorry :/ I am frustrated with them but thanks!
me too wahoo! I'm about to firm Exeter :biggrin:

Cannot wait to do the same :biggrin:
Just announced:

EXETER, York, Durham and QMU, have been invited to join the Russell Group and this will be in place by August 2012.

http://russellgroup.ac.uk/russell-gr...ees-to-expand/ Durham, York, QMUL and Exeter

More kudos eh!

YAY go Exeter!!
(edited 12 years ago)
I'll hopefully be studying Archaeology, i always liked to get dirty hehehehe.

I'm not too sure about the accommodation, i like the look of St Germans so that will probably be one of my choices. As for the rest, i'll have to do some serious research (i.e whichever one is closer to the Archaeology department). :smile:

What about you?

I'm pretty certain I'll put down Pennsylvania Court :smile:
Yay just firmed Exeter for English Q300, so excited!! And got term dates emailed to me too, going to be amazing :biggrin: xx
Original post by catoswyn
Just announced:

EXETER, York, Durham and QMU, have been invited to join the Russell Group and this will be in place by August 2012.

http://russellgroup.ac.uk/russell-gr...ees-to-expand/ Durham, York, QMUL and Exeter

More kudos eh!

YAY go Exeter!!

Wow that's great to hear! Makes my decisions a bit harder but still :biggrin:
just firmed my offer for LLB European Law (Maitrise) :biggrin: can't wait :cool:
What does everyone think of the Lafrowda accommodation? And catered vs. self-catered? Just firmed my offer for English! Unbelievably excited!
Original post by YaniClovers
What does everyone think of the Lafrowda accommodation? And catered vs. self-catered? Just firmed my offer for English! Unbelievably excited!

the new lafrowda blocks seem to be quite nice tbh, the newest accomodation as they are still finishing off some of it for 2012 entry.. the costs between the catered and self catered is quite significant (self catered being the cheaper option) and some say that self catered is more flexible and sociable? The self catered rooms seemed to be slightly more roomy than the catered aswell - hope this helps :smile:
Thanks that helps a lot! What did you apply for and have you firmed/received your offer yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending