The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mathsmusicfrench
Has anyone else logged into the accomodation thingy..? Not sure I'm in the right place. Do you get a list of options, one of them is application, but you can only apply if you're a current student so far. Are they gonna add an option to not be a current student or have I logged into the wrong thing... :/

You can only actually apply for accomodation from the 16th April (next monday) :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by NICKYnackynockynoo
You can only actually apply for accomodation from the 16th April (next monday) :smile:

Yeah sure, but you can register for the site already? Is that right. I clicked on the "Apply for returning student accommodation link in the coloured box at the top of the "login and how to apply page" is that right? Then I can log in on the 16th, and submit and application for accom. Wicked, plan. Now just got to decide which to apply for. I'm thinking Lafrowda ensuite + standard and either St German or Rowe House...
I've decided to go for Pennsylvania court..anyone else?!:smile:
rowe house fingers crossed, i know its really oversubscribed but i'm an unconditional offer so hopefully will get my first choice!!
I'm thinking Rowe House or Lafrowda :biggrin: As long as it's close to the Amery building it's all good :biggrin:
Original post by katiebarry
rowe house fingers crossed, i know its really oversubscribed but i'm an unconditional offer so hopefully will get my first choice!!

Hi Katie,

It doesn't quite work like that. They collect in all the applications from the 16th April and sometime after that its all fed into a computer which does the allocating. So it really is a bit luck of the draw in some ways. Rowe House does sound great though. I suppose you'll have to put it first to have a chance of the computer getting to it while there are still places. However try to make sure you also put down somewhere on campus that has more places available too as otherwise you run the risk of missing all your choices and being sent to the St Luke's accomodation which is fine but a good walk away from the main campus.

Bit of a headache all round really!

:smile:
Yeah sure, but you can register for the site already? Is that right. I clicked on the "Apply for returning student accommodation link in the coloured box at the top of the "login and how to apply page" is that right? Then I can log in on the 16th, and submit and application for accom. Wicked, plan. Now just got to decide which to apply for. I'm thinking Lafrowda ensuite + standard and either St German or Rowe House...

Yes you can get the registration set up ready to go on the 16th.

Original post by AndrewWong92
Hey! I had been accepted into peninsula and been Exeter for my first two years which I was hoping for! Can't wait! Restricted on accommodation though :tongue:

Congrats! Does that mean you get to transfer to the new Exeter medical school when they set it up?

Which campus will I be in if I'm taking law for 2012 intake?
Original post by ancienttt

As far as I know we're all at Streatham :smile:

Original post by nooneyouknow
As far as I know we're all at Streatham :smile:

From 2012, Law in Cornwall will be offered to prospective undergraduate students exclusively through the Flexible Combine Honours (FCH) route, and will continue to be aligned to the research themes of the ESI. This structure will enable students to engage with the challenging but rewarding subject of environmental law as part of a tailored degree programme.

If you join us to study the LLB in Cornwall in September 2011 you will spend your first and second years in Cornwall and your final year at the Streatham Campus where you will benefit from the changes we are making.

Joint Honours with Law programmes will be retained at the Cornwall Campus for 2011 entry. Should you join us for these programmes you will be based at the Cornwall Campus for the duration of your programme, including your final year in 2013/14.

From the website. You will be at Streatham. You would be anyway, unless you applied for Law at Cornwall, which has a totally separate course code. See you there?
anybody got a decent knowledge of which residences in exeter halls are best value for money? i was hoping my loan would cover a holland hall room but its pretty far from it :frown:
From the website. You will be at Streatham. You would be anyway, unless you applied for Law at Cornwall, which has a totally separate course code. See you there?

Grades providing you shall definitely be seeing me there :biggrin:
How long after firming Exeter do I get my Student ID number? I want to apply for accommodation! :P
Original post by ChappersBC
How long after firming Exeter do I get my Student ID number? I want to apply for accommodation! :P

The number that worked for me was the reference number they used in all the emails they sent me :smile: I don't think the email I got after firming had a different number.
Reply 1255
In what way is this two courses? Well done on your offer. I also have one for this course.

Sorry for the very late reply!! :s-smilie: Anyway oops I meant two seperate courses: Law with European Study and European law (maitrise). I didn't express myself clearly, I'm Italian so I sometimes have trouble with English :wink: Which one were you accepted in?

Thanks! See you! Law too?
Original post by Monimoni
oops I meant two seperate courses: Law with European Study and European law (maitrise). Which one were you accepted in?

Oh ok fair enough, I don't even remember the comment I made now so whatever! Have you applied/been accepted.what now then?

I was accepted for the Maitrise course.

Thanks! See you! Law too?

As above - LLB/Maitrise, in other words the elite few of the Law course. :P or the stupid few.
Original post by Wrathmeister
anybody got a decent knowledge of which residences in exeter halls are best value for money? i was hoping my loan would cover a holland hall room but its pretty far from it :frown:

Holland Hall costs are unbelievable aren't they! Over £200 per week. Ridiculous. Do you definitely want catered? It is cheaper to cater for yourself. I suppose its just a case of looking on line at the comparative costs for each hall. The lowest is self catered, old Lowfroda and the dearest, catered Holland Hall and the self contained flats.

Original post by ChappersBC

Took about 4-5 days for me... Easter weekend got in the way though.

If you have any other emails from them then they will have an Exeter University reference number on them. THis is the number you need. Can't apply until 16th anyway, as I'm sure you know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending