The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

it's already Friday, and if I get no offer yet....... :frown: well then I'll have to wait on Monday :frown:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by <3 inbetweener D
just got AAB offer for history :biggrin:

Congrats! When did you send off your application?
Original post by jesusofsuburbia
Congrats! When did you send off your application?

Original post by <3 inbetweener D

Mine was on the 10th. Maybe should be worried I've been rejected...? :frown:

(Same course as you)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jesusofsuburbia
Mine was on the 10th. Maybe should be worried I've been rejected...? :frown:

(Same course as you)

nooo i'm sure you haven't been! all the unis seem to do stuff in batches so maybe you just got put in another set of applications or something :smile: i'm guessing you meet the entry requirements so they don't have any reason to reject you :tongue: hopefully you'll hear back soon, is it your first choice?
Reply 105
Original post by Lewis :D
Applying for French and Spanish, got my acknowledgement today :biggrin:

I'm also applying for French and Spanish :smile:

Have you been invited for interview/visit day?

Also, where else have you applied?

So nice to see someone else who has applied for the same course as me!!! :colondollar:
Reply 106
Original post by vicci7
I'm also applying for French and Spanish :smile:

Have you been invited for interview/visit day?

Also, where else have you applied?

So nice to see someone else who has applied for the same course as me!!! :colondollar:

Hey! You're the first one I've seen applying for Southampton too! No, I haven't, have you? My Spanish teacher went there and she loved it, it's also rated quite well for Languages so I thought I'd apply. I'm applying for UCL, King's, Nottingham and Aberystwyth, you? :smile:
Reply 107
Hey! You're the first one I've seen applying for Southampton too! No, I haven't, have you? My Spanish teacher went there and she loved it, it's also rated quite well for Languages so I thought I'd apply. I'm applying for UCL, King's, Nottingham and Aberystwyth, you? :smile:

Yeah, there seem to be a lot of scientists on this thread!! :smile: I got an invitation to an interview and visit day through the post a couple of days ago, really nervous about the interview part!!

My friend is currently studying French and Spanish there and absolutely LOVES it, and it sounds amazing so fingers crossed.

I've applied to Cambridge, UCL, Southampton and Birmingham and I already have an offer from Bath, but when I visited Southampton I had a great conversation with one of the admissions tutors, and fell in love with the place!

The only thing I don't know much about it accommodation; do you know how good it is/how expensive it is? :s-smilie:
Reply 108
Original post by vicci7
Yeah, there seem to be a lot of scientists on this thread!! :smile: I got an invitation to an interview and visit day through the post a couple of days ago, really nervous about the interview part!!

My friend is currently studying French and Spanish there and absolutely LOVES it, and it sounds amazing so fingers crossed.

I've applied to Cambridge, UCL, Southampton and Birmingham and I already have an offer from Bath, but when I visited Southampton I had a great conversation with one of the admissions tutors, and fell in love with the place!

The only thing I don't know much about it accommodation; do you know how good it is/how expensive it is? :s-smilie:

Not at all sorry, I haven't looked into Southampton too much. Well done on getting an interview, they haven't invited me yet. Do they invite everyone? I didn't know they interviewed :/. When is the open day? You shouldn't worry, you'll be fine :smile:
What course have you applied for in UCL? Good luck with your offers, especially Cambridge!
Reply 109
Not at all sorry, I haven't looked into Southampton too much. Well done on getting an interview, they haven't invited me yet. Do they invite everyone? I didn't know they interviewed :/. When is the open day? You shouldn't worry, you'll be fine :smile:
What course have you applied for in UCL? Good luck with your offers, especially Cambridge!

Apparently they interview everyone, which I didn't know before I applied but found out literally the day after! They gave me the choice of an open day of the 9th or the 16th, so chose the 16th for more preparation time!

At UCL I've applied to ESPS (with French and Spanish as the two languages) but tbh I think Cambridge and UCL are a bit of a long shot, banking on my offer from Bath and an insurance from either Soton or Birmingham.

Good luck to you too! I'm sure you'll get where you want to go :biggrin:
Reply 110
Original post by vicci7
Apparently they interview everyone, which I didn't know before I applied but found out literally the day after! They gave me the choice of an open day of the 9th or the 16th, so chose the 16th for more preparation time!

At UCL I've applied to ESPS (with French and Spanish as the two languages) but tbh I think Cambridge and UCL are a bit of a long shot, banking on my offer from Bath and an insurance from either Soton or Birmingham.

Good luck to you too! I'm sure you'll get where you want to go :biggrin:

What AS grades did you get? Also, when did you submit your UCAS? You'll be fine, as long as you speak in French when they ask, and Spanish when they ask, just don't mix the two up! :biggrin:
Reply 111
What AS grades did you get? Also, when did you submit your UCAS? You'll be fine, as long as you speak in French when they ask, and Spanish when they ask, just don't mix the two up! :biggrin:

Hahaha knowing how I get when I'm nervous, I'd probably do that! Luckily though, the linterview letter for Southampton told me that it is only in English (phew!)

For AS I got AAAA in History, English Lang/Lit, French and Spanish (plus an A in Critical Thinking which doesn't really count!)

What about you?
Reply 112
Original post by vicci7
Hahaha knowing how I get when I'm nervous, I'd probably do that! Luckily though, the linterview letter for Southampton told me that it is only in English (phew!)

For AS I got AAAA in History, English Lang/Lit, French and Spanish (plus an A in Critical Thinking which doesn't really count!)

What about you?

Those are great mun! Don't worry :biggrin:. I had AAAD, but I dropped the D. I knew I never should've done Politics :lol:. Southampton won't reject you with those grades, their entry requirements are only 3 A levels, and ABB for French/Spanish (If I remember correctly?)
Reply 113
Hoping to apply to Southampton for History too.

Predicted AAB, entry is AAB, although i got BBB at AS and missed remark deadlines so am resitting. Will that go against me?

I LOVE the course at Soton and have fallen in love with the place, I'm so reluctant to apply though because of my low AS grades.

Also applying to Sussex, UEA, Hull (ABB) and Oxford Brookes (BBB) bad choices???

good luck everyone!
I really really really hope to get an offer this week :/ (fingers crossed!!)
Reply 115
Anyone got one for english yet?
Reply 116
Original post by jpf1993
Hoping to apply to Southampton for History too.

Predicted AAB, entry is AAB, although i got BBB at AS and missed remark deadlines so am resitting. Will that go against me?

I LOVE the course at Soton and have fallen in love with the place, I'm so reluctant to apply though because of my low AS grades.

Also applying to Sussex, UEA, Hull (ABB) and Oxford Brookes (BBB) bad choices???

good luck everyone!

Apply! Resitting didn't go against me.
Reply 117
Those are great mun! Don't worry :biggrin:. I had AAAD, but I dropped the D. I knew I never should've done Politics :lol:. Southampton won't reject you with those grades, their entry requirements are only 3 A levels, and ABB for French/Spanish (If I remember correctly?)

You should definitley get in with those grades too :smile: Yeahh pretty sure its ABB so fingers crossed!

What course at UCL did you apply for? Do you know if they are interviewing for Language courses this year, because apparently they only do some years :s
Reply 118
Wooh; I got an unconditional offer for Computer Science
Original post by CRX
Wooh; I got an unconditional offer for Computer Science

congratulations!!! OMG I envy :frown: what grades did you get already?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending