The Student Room Group

Did the police murder Duggan?

Scroll to see replies

The police are institutionally racist as concluded by the investigation following the death of Stephen Lawrence. However, things have probably changed a little since then and tbh this Duggan guy was a scumbag anyway brandishing a firearm.

But in the interests of law and morality, I really hope it wasn't a "false encounter."
Reply 41
self defense

if you carry a gun expect consequences
Reply 42
Original post by hillss4444

Original post by hillss4444
self defense

if you carry a gun expect consequences

Exactly, people are crying 'murder' and 'injustice' all over the place, when you've got to realise that being a convicted drug criminal and carrying an illegal firearm carries a heavy price if you resist arrest.
Reply 43
Original post by JOR2010
Exactly, people are crying 'murder' and 'injustice' all over the place, when you've got to realise that being a convicted drug criminal and carrying an illegal firearm carries a heavy price if you resist arrest.

should we shoot all those who resist arrest? wtf, I hope you were just lazy there in expressing your view than anything else.
Reply 44
Original post by justlol

Original post by justlol
should we shoot all those who resist arrest? wtf, I hope you were just lazy there in expressing your view than anything else.

He was told to stop several times by the police, that's enough of resisting arrest. If a person is armed, a criminal, and refuses to stop for the authorities, what do you expect?
Reply 45
Original post by JOR2010
He was told to stop several times by the police, that's enough of resisting arrest. If a person is armed, a criminal, and refuses to stop for the authorities, what do you expect?

more likely an itchy trigger finger.

They had no need to get in close. Keep at a safe distance, tell him to keep his hands up and lie on the ground. If he had any drugs on his person, so what?! Not like he was going to flush them down the toilet.

What's with the close up rambo cop tactics?

I think if the same poll was taken now, and with the information thats come out since then, the results would be considerably different.
Ben Goldacre tweeted something along the lines of "do we expect the police not to shoot an armed man unless shot at first?" If Duggan pulled his gun and the officer in question believed that his life was at risk, then he's perfectly within his rights to kill him. The way that the whole affair was handled by the Met and the IPCC is another matter entirely.
Reply 47
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Ben Goldacre tweeted something along the lines of "do we expect the police not to shoot an armed man unless shot at first?" If Duggan pulled his gun and the officer in question believed that his life was at risk, then he's perfectly within his rights to kill him. The way that the whole affair was handled by the Met and the IPCC is another matter entirely.

IPCC was mostly to blame imo. They screwed up so many things.
Original post by Aj12
IPCC was mostly to blame imo. They screwed up so many things.

And turned a drug dealer into a folk hero as a result. :facepalm2:
I fail to understand how killing = murder. Lefties, please tell me what your guru said happened before the police fired any shots. If he was acting shifty and refused to either cooperate etc then he deserved all he got. Why does it matter who shot first?
Reply 50
Original post by Snagprophet
I fail to understand how killing = murder. Lefties, please tell me what your guru said happened before the police fired any shots. If he was acting shifty and refused to either cooperate etc then he deserved all he got. Why does it matter who shot first?

Really? The morgues would soon be full of petty criminals if the police followed that policy.

It doesn't matter who shot first. The question is did he shoot at all, and the answer is no.
Original post by justlol
'Meanwhile, the police version of events at Thursday's shooting of dad-of-five Mark Duggan,59, was challenged. They said he was shot after firing at a cop, who was saved by the bullet hitting his radio.

But tests on a bullet lodged in the radio are said to show it was police issue, not from the handgun Duggan was carrying. '

It wouldn't be the first time.

Mark Duggan was a despicable criminal scumbag with close ties to organised crime, he was carrying a loaded firearm which is solely used to kill people, I congratulate the police for wasting him and society is better of without him.
Reply 52
Original post by justlol
Really? The morgues would soon be full of petty criminals if the police followed that policy.

It doesn't matter who shot first. The question is did he shoot at all, and the answer is no.

Actually no thats not really the question. The question is did he follow the orders of the police officers and why did one feel that his life was in danger?
Don't care
Original post by justlol
sn't matter who shot first. The question is did he shoot at all, and the answer is no.

Why does it matter if he shot or not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending