Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

looking for people who like history

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You guys should all download Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, etc etc.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have my pre-reading list for my first term!

It's ridiculous how excited I am about this XD
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like some of the periods you like. Tudor, Stuart, Georgian all fascinating, as is Vietnam, but don't no much about it at all. I use to like Egypt but gone off it a bit. But don't have MSN as on a mac, oh well. Can always discuss it on here.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like history... Hence my posting in the history sub-forum a lot...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mevidek)
    I like history... Hence my posting in the history sub-forum a lot...
    Is there a particular period your interested in?
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janey92)
    Is there a particular period your interested in?
    Pretty much all of History, but mainly Ancient History, Middle Ages, Modern History, Second world war and cold war.

Yourself?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mevidek)
    Pretty much all of History, but mainly Ancient History, Middle Ages, Modern History, Second world war and cold war.

Yourself?
    I'm the same as you really. Although I do like the Iron Age and the Mesolithic period. But those periods are pre-history haha!
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janey92)
    I'm the same as you really. Although I do like the Iron Age and the Mesolithic period. But those periods are pre-history haha!
    Nice... I wouldn't say that the Iron Age is pre-history (arguably the Romans were from the Iron Age), but they're still very interesting At one point in my life, I was obsessed with paleontology...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It depends on who you talk to really, some Archaeology lecturers say the Iron Age is pre-history, but personally I'm not too sure

Paleontology is a very interesting subject, never really got into it myself.

Are you studying history at Uni? or anything similar?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Love history. Espescially World War Two and about to study it at uni next year!
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Love it. Want to study it in University.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love history! especially WWI/WWII and Russian/Soviet history
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone help me by giving me some positive and negative characteristics of young Henry VIII?
    • 80 followers

ReputationRep:
    Love history, am currently really into ancient Chinese farming developments. Gawd how do I have friends.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Much love for History, got a wee thing for Russia at the moment in it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    hiya,

okay so i'm lame and don't really have any real world friends as i can't find anyone interested in the same things as me. I studied geophysics at uni. .
    You spent 3 years at university and couldnt find one like minded person?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Love history
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm mainly into ancient history, especially in how ancient cultures used and made their money. Nerdy I know, but someone has to :^_^:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I always thought Greek and Roman History were very interesting. And to some extent, Medieval European as well. Was really eye opening to learn about the Inquisitions also. And while I have been studying the Turkish language, I came to learn alot about the Ottoman Empire, and Turkey's historical ties with Arab countries in those days. Like how some of the first coffee was introduced to the Ottomans from Syria. And now I am also very interested in learning more about Arab and Hindi history and cultures, and the close ties of the languages Arabic, Turkish and Hindi.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 17, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.