The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by twelve
Some people, its true, but if you look at the poll, the majority have between 650 and 699 :smile:

Yeah- I think I was just hoping that I could get higher as I wanted ukcat to guarantee me an interview!! Think I'm going to go for glasgow. Do you know if it's just the ukcat that determines whether you get an interview? :smile:
Reply 221
Original post by DDSB
Yeah- I think I was just hoping that I could get higher as I wanted ukcat to guarantee me an interview!! Think I'm going to go for glasgow. Do you know if it's just the ukcat that determines whether you get an interview? :smile:

I think so yeah :smile:
Reply 222
Original post by twelve
I think so yeah :smile:

Thanks:smile: btw just saw you're profile with grades and ukcat score and stuff. Getting into medical school is known to be extremely hard but I'll be surprised if any uni's turn you down this year! Congrats with all your results :smile:
Reply 223
Original post by DDSB
Thanks:smile: btw just saw you're profile with grades and ukcat score and stuff. Getting into medical school is known to be extremely hard but I'll be surprised if any uni's turn you down this year! Congrats with all your results :smile:

Aww thankyou :smile: Good luck to you too :biggrin:
Original post by DDSB
Really confused about whether to apply here :/ Got 682.5 Ukcat but not sure that'll be enough as some people seem to be well within 700's :frown:

I think that will be enough. I got 690 and I am applying. They just use the UKCAT to invite to interviews - the top 800 applicants get interviewed.
I really wanted to apply to Glasgow but my UKCAT was 647.5 Average. So annoyed :/
Do you guys think the cut off can get lower by any chance?
Original post by amazin_sk8a_dude
I really wanted to apply to Glasgow but my UKCAT was 647.5 Average. So annoyed :/
Do you guys think the cut off can get lower by any chance?

You never know! Anything could happen, but very risky!
Reply 227
Sooooo.... My ukcat is in one week and I haven't prepared at all. I just keep putting it off. I'll open the book, do a couple of questions and then get it into my head that it'll be fine because 'I can do more tomorrow'... *sigh*

So anyway, if I'm getting in anywhere this year it's gonna be Glasgow. My grades aren't the best but they don't actually look at grades once you get to the interview stage (it's based solely on interview/PS/reference). I just need to get that ukcat cut-off.

I WILL START TOMORROW.
Reply 228
Is it safe to apply to Glasgow with a UKCAT Score of 657? I'm a Biomedical sciences graduate and they rank and invite people with top 800 UKCAT scores.
Reply 229
Original post by pdk
Is it safe to apply to Glasgow with a UKCAT Score of 657? I'm a Biomedical sciences graduate and they rank and invite people with top 800 UKCAT scores.

I think that it is VERY difficult to decide whether a score is safe or not. It is impossible to predict what the cut-off is going to be. Your score is higher than last year's cut-off but it might rise. It might even fall. I think that it would be worth applying if you really like the uni.
Reply 230
Original post by Braddd
I think that it is VERY difficult to decide whether a score is safe or not. It is impossible to predict what the cut-off is going to be. Your score is higher than last year's cut-off but it might rise. It might even fall. I think that it would be worth applying if you really like the uni.

See, the thing is I'd rather apply somewhere else if the score is likely to be less than the cut off. been thinking of newcastle and barts as well but not sure if my ukcat is enough for them :frown: Messed up on the QR section as I wasn't told i had to use the computer calculator :frown:
Reply 231
It seems as if Glasgow interview depending on your UKCAT, nothing else as long as you meet the requirements. Is this true?
Original post by Seb
It seems as if Glasgow interview depending on your UKCAT, nothing else as long as you meet the requirements. Is this true?

yes
Reply 233
Now it's all about waiting. :moon:
662.5 hard to say if i'll be ok ?

UKCAT is a ridiculus test, aptitude my ***.
Well that's Glasgow out of the picture ...only got 582.5 average in UKCAT today since the computer started screwing up :frown: :mad: I've been thinking that it might be too low for the other unis (who I phoned earlier) so I feel as though I should just apply for my other options - Chemistry or Genetics. My first choice would've been Glasgow as it means staying at home and the more I think about it, I feel as though I wouldn't be able to live away from home, personally and financially. I wish I'd realised this earlier!
If you computer acted up you should have told them straight away and this would have been noted, feel sorry for you.

I don't know if you've ever heard this theory, but I'll tell you it anyway. One day a man brings a bull into the centre of his town, he tells the crowd that anyone that can guess the bulls exact weight will get to keep the bull. Everyone guesses but no one gets it right, but then the bulls owner makes a remarkable discovery.

The average of all the guesses is the exact weight of the bull. On the basis of this theory.

What does everyone guess the ukcat cutoff for glasgow to be this year. :smile:
im applying here too! 10A's, 675 UKCAT, heres opening i get an interview, really put a lot of work into the p.s
Not sure whether to risk Glasgow with a 662.5 score.
Reply 239
ukcat in 2 days! :O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending