The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2380
I got a conditional offer today, English year 13 applicant! Thank you Glasgow!! Good luck to everyone else for the rest of the week!!
Also thanks so much to the very lovely Irish girl whose interview was just after mine (30/01/12) who calmed me down before my interview as I was on the verge of a panic attack!! THANKS!!! :biggrin:
Original post by Farwa
actually yes i have been in the scotland for 3yrs BUT i am not "settled" which changes the whole situation... (i have researched on this so much that i could write a PhD on this )

Farwa...NO panicking until Friday midnight! :smile:
Original post by Farwa
i am currently on my gap year (i am a re-applicant)

Ohhh I thought you were a first-timer sorry :colondollar: I'd already decided that if I didn't get in this year I'd give it a third and final go though I think that's be the max. If it tuns out that it's interview technique that let you down then you know what you need to work on and there are courses and stuff that could help you with that. But it's competely up to you, but I wish you the best of luck with Glasgow! :biggrin:
Reply 2383
Original post by _Jasmine
Farwa...NO panicking until Friday midnight! :smile:

i know i know sorry :colondollar:
Original post by Quackers93
Ohhh I thought you were a first-timer sorry :colondollar: I'd already decided that if I didn't get in this year I'd give it a third and final go though I think that's be the max. If it tuns out that it's interview technique that let you down then you know what you need to work on and there are courses and stuff that could help you with that. But it's competely up to you, but I wish you the best of luck with Glasgow! :biggrin:

lol thats ok
i think i might just take up pharmacy and apply as a graduate but heres hoping i get an offer by friday

pleasepleaseplease pretty please glasgow!!!
Original post by bex.13
I got a conditional offer today, English year 13 applicant! Thank you Glasgow!! Good luck to everyone else for the rest of the week!!
Also thanks so much to the very lovely Irish girl whose interview was just after mine (30/01/12) who calmed me down before my interview as I was on the verge of a panic attack!! THANKS!!! :biggrin:

congrats!
Original post by Farwa
i know i know sorry :colondollar:

lol thats ok
i think i might just take up pharmacy and apply as a graduate but heres hoping i get an offer by friday

pleasepleaseplease pretty please glasgow!!!

I have a good feeling about tomorrow

Reply 2386
Original post by _Jasmine
I have a good feeling about tomorrow

i wish i had a good feeling too... i am just scared now...
Reply 2387
Got an offer today at 5:15! Really pleased, cant wait to start!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by icyoli
Got an offer today at 5:15! Really pleased, cant wait to start!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

congrats!
Got an offer yesterday! Still can't believe it, checking track every hour just to check that this is real! Haha
Original post by sweetchilli
Ah good I'm getting a cornetto! :biggrin:

Is the A*A*AA for AS and the conditions are for A2? Give them a call as won't do any harm to clarify it.

Can't get A*'s at As except for in EPQ
I achieved them last year and am working full time in a hospital.
I'll give them a ring.
They might have given me the offer by accident though?
Reply 2391
Original post by ConnorMcKenzie
Got an offer yesterday! Still can't believe it, checking tr ack every hour just to check that this is real!

Haha, same! I've wanted this for ages and now i have an offer it just feels unreal!
Original post by joemullally
I'll give them a ring.

You could firm and then ring up? Then if it is an accident (which is isn't btw) it's already been firmed :colone:
Original post by Quackers93
You could firm and then ring up? Then if it is an accident (which is isn't btw) it's already been firmed :colone:

They've given me an offer, Isn't that binding enough?

I dunno, will have to ring and see.
Reply 2394
They've given me an offer, Isn't that binding enough?

I dunno, will have to ring and see.

I wouldn't worry. Mine is conditional too and I've already got my results. I suppose it's still conditional on health and crb checks (?)
Original post by ConnorMcKenzie
Got an offer yesterday! Still can't believe it, checking track every hour just to check that this is real! Haha

Original post by NMx11
Haha, same! I've wanted this for ages and now i have an offer it just feels unreal!

Congrats!

I'll give them a ring.

Not likely to be accidental. Probably on CRB etc or maybe they thought your actual results were predicted grades. Best to phone. Sure will be fine. Have you any other offers/decided on Glasgow? I'll be listening out for a Welsh accent to nab my cornetto!
Congrats!

Not likely to be accidental. Probably on CRB etc or maybe they thought your actual results were predicted grades. Best to phone. Sure will be fine. Have you any other offers/decided on Glasgow? I'll be listening out for a Welsh accent to nab my cornetto!

I'm from the north so my accents not the usual
Also, Not decided yet.
And my conditions are to achieve AAA. :P

Did anyone do a CRB/ Health checks at interview?
Starting to lose hope... But I suppose it's not over until the fat... Glasgow admissions lady... Sings :smile:
Reply 2398
Congrats to you all!

Thank you! Good luck to you too if you haven't already heard back :smile:
Reply 2399
Congrats to you all!

thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending