The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Seb
Oh I see. Yeah it is far :frown: It wasn't my first choice but it's what I got, I kind of regret it now, oh well. So are you a second year now then?
I don't suppose you can you tell me where the majority of the sports (I guess specifically football and squash) are located? I noticed a few fields near the Wolfson halls, that night be a plus for me. Thank you very much by the way!!

Edit: Also, is cycling a feasible mode of transport around town?

Yeah that's all okay, thank you :smile:

Yep, a 2nd year in a few weeks!

Squash courts are available at the Stevenson Gym on Oakfield Avenue. Not sure if they have indoor pitches for football but definitely pitches at Garscube which is 5 mins from Wolfson Halls.

Definitely cycling would be the way to go. I know a few people who cycle in every day in all weathers. There are bike parking racks outside the med school and the gym too!

hth
Reply 2641
Original post by sweetchilli
Yep, a 2nd year in a few weeks!

Squash courts are available at the Stevenson Gym on Oakfield Avenue. Not sure if they have indoor pitches for football but definitely pitches at Garscube which is 5 mins from Wolfson Halls.

Definitely cycling would be the way to go. I know a few people who cycle in every day in all weathers. There are bike parking racks outside the med school and the gym too!

hth

That does help, thank you!

Best of luck in second year! :smile:
Reply 2642
I got in!!!
Original post by denula
I got in!!!

Congrats! Come and join us on the Facebook group!
I ended up telling them to take me off the waiting list when Edinburgh gave me an offer, so here's hoping another one of yous gets a place! :wink:
Reply 2645
Original post by Harbour Seal
Congrats! Come and join us on the Facebook group!

Thanks!

Sure whats it called - cant seem to find it!
Original post by denula
Thanks!

Sure whats it called - cant seem to find it!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/153717154750395/ :smile:

Oooh didn't realise there was a facebook group, how do you go about joining?
Original post by Ju_Dragonslayer
Oooh didn't realise there was a facebook group, how do you go about joining?

You just click join and someone will add you...I think. :tongue:
Ok cheers man :biggrin:
Reply 2650

Feels good to change my signature FINALLY!!
Reply 2651
now a mad rush to get accommodation!
Reply 2652
Ayup all,

Are there any other grads who got in late and haven't sorted accomodation yet?

I'm one of the last minute guys who got a place as of last Wednesday :biggrin:, halls are a little out of my price bracket seeing as we get bare minimum loans n all!

Congrats to everyone here who's in btw, cannee wait for a return to uni days! (I never really left them :wink:)
Reply 2653
Original post by aintno95
Ayup all,

I'm one of the last minute guys who got a place as of last Wednesday :biggrin:, halls are a little out of my price bracket seeing as we get bare minimum loans n all!

Congrats to everyone here who's in btw, cannee wait for a return to uni days! (I never really left them :wink:)

hey am a grad n staying with unite, but got a cheap deal when they were on offer a while ago as i got an early offer, but didnt realise the very small loan i would be getting at the time lol n jst out of noseyness what was ur degree in lol? :smile:
Reply 2654
Ah lucky man! They're usually nice digs!

I'm a Sheffield Biomed-er, 2010 graduate. What about yourself? Have you heard many other grads about?
Reply 2655
Ah lucky man! They're usually nice digs!

I'm a Sheffield Biomed-er, 2010 graduate. What about yourself? Have you heard many other grads about?

yeah its a new build so shld b gd. i did anatomy before at glasgow, so kinda no the place well lol n yeah think there r quite a few grads on the course this yr, according to the facebook group for our year anyways lol, u joined it yet? :smile:
Reply 2656
Yer give us an addy, I'm Jordan Newport.

Having another look at the halls again, be good to get in on the craic. I missed out on it at Sheffield being a clearing boy there as well - it's the only way! :colone:

Judging by recent posts you guys are at Kelvin court?
Reply 2657
Yer give us an addy, I'm Jordan Newport.

Having another look at the halls again, be good to get in on the craic. I missed out on it at Sheffield being a clearing boy there as well - it's the only way! :colone:

Judging by recent posts you guys are at Kelvin court?

your already ahead of the game n added me by chance mate lolyeah my last degree, we werent put in classes with those in the same degree till 3rd year so strange getting to no people who we will c a lot of for the next 5 yrs lol n yeah in kelvin court, moving in next week! lol what's your plans for accomodation, can u still get uni halls this late in the game?
Reply 2658
Actually George it was a sly bit of using your name on here and you being the first George that appeared on the friends bit in the group! Maybe I should quit medicine to become a detective before its too late... :wink:

Nah the halls really are too expensive :frown: so I'll just rely upon ringing around houses with groups in already and some damn good socials to make friends.

Guess this thread is dead now anyways so I'll be seeing you on the book!

PSYCHED!
Reply 2659
Ayup all,

Welcome aboard, another biomed here :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending