The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChangedMyMind
Pfft... Motherwell! You laugh at Paisley and your from Motherwell!!! :wink:

Haha och aye. How are your applications going anyway my friend? I've seen you on the Aberdeen thread as well, I believe?
Original post by Leavemyarcelona
Haha och aye. How are your applications going anyway my friend? I've seen you on the Aberdeen thread as well, I believe?

Yes you have indeed! Applying to Aberdeen, Glasgow, Dundee and Edinburgh and got interviews at the first 3 so far!

How about you?
Original post by sweetchilli
Where do you think the Paisley pattern on your shirt originated? :tongue:

Had no Idea tbh, didn't know there was a place called Paisley, Could have been the fellers name for all I knew :biggrin:.
Yes you have indeed! Applying to Aberdeen, Glasgow, Dundee and Edinburgh and got interviews at the first 3 so far!

How about you?

Glasgow, Aberdeen, St Andrew's, Brighton and Sussex. Only acknowledgements so far, no interviews :argh:
Glasgow, Aberdeen, St Andrew's, Brighton and Sussex. Only acknowledgements so far, no interviews :argh:

Good luck! What was your UKCAT?
Good luck! What was your UKCAT?

Cheers. 660 I got:cry2:

What about you?

What about you?

Thats a good score! I'm sure I have seen people with less getting interviews so you should be fine!

I got 690.
Thats a good score! I'm sure I have seen people with less getting interviews so you should be fine!

I got 690.

Well done, I wish you the best of luck in your interviews. :smile:
Well done, I wish you the best of luck in your interviews. :smile:

Thanks man, Good luck with your applications too :smile:
Reply 1029
Does anyone know how they changed the course structure over the past couple of years? Just I remember hearing that they "watered down" the pbl a wee bit, so that there was slightly less pbl sessions than before, and more lectures (relative to before) ?
Original post by KCosmo
Does anyone know how they changed the course structure over the past couple of years? Just I remember hearing that they "watered down" the pbl a wee bit, so that there was slightly less pbl sessions than before, and more lectures (relative to before) ?

Good luck for tomorrow :biggrin:
Reply 1031

What about you?

dont worry i got 650 and got 2 interviews
you should be fine :smile:
Reply 1032
Original post by Quackers93
Good luck for tomorrow :biggrin:

Cheers!
Reply 1033
Original post by KCosmo

http://www.fom.gla.ac.uk/enewsletters/CollegeofMVLSnewsletterIssue12011.htm

theres some bits about the new curriculum under the heading "Revision of the MB ChB Course Undergraduate Medical School"
if you havent already read this :smile:

http://www.medicine.gla.ac.uk/noticeboardAdmin/files/General%20Notice%20Board/Future%20of%20Undergraduate%20Medical%20Teaching%20-%20send%20to%20all%20students%20and%20sub%20deans.pdf

this too

but im sure u have already read this
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by KCosmo
Cheers!

Good luck Cosmo! Just went on TSR for first time in 3 weeks haha, I need to start studying for my interview as well now...

It's a strange place where the people support a terrible team called St Mirren. Not the most appealing place in Scotland, it has to be said, although there are far worse places.

LOL St Mirren, mind you I support Raith Rovers (vaguely...) we are having a terrific season thus far.
Reply 1035
Original post by KCosmo
Cheers!

how did your interview go?
I seem to be hearing of "Paisley" EVERYWHERE in the past couple of days... I had no idea it even existed before last week.
Reply 1037
had an interview at glasgow today and now im too scared to check my email just in case they reject me... :redface:

is anyone else just as paranoid as me?
I have an interview on Wednesday... FREAKING OUT!!!! :'(
Original post by Somerandomstudent
I have an interview on Wednesday... FREAKING OUT!!!! :'(

Same here :redface: Feel really under prepared yet cannot concentrate on my interview prep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending