Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: What was your average UKCAT score?
    500 or lower
    0%
    501 - 549
    0%
    550 - 599
    3.43%
    600 - 649
    15.43%
    650 - 699
    48.00%
    700 - 749
    25.71%
    750 - 799
    4.57%
    800 or higher
    2.86%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joemullally)
    So tonight's hopelessly hopeful wait begins . . .
    Why wait tonight?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Heart attack! Just logged into my email. Saw I had a new email. I'm almost sure my heart stopped whilst I waited for it to load...

DAMN YOU APPLE! I don't care that the new iPad is here! disappointment.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quackers93)
    Heart attack! Just logged into my email. Saw I had a new email. I'm almost sure my heart stopped whilst I waited for it to load...

I got that email too I was like waaaaaah!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    There has been a serious lack of Glasgow offers this week. I don't know how I managed to survive the last 5 months. This week has been horrible.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quackers93)

Haha I bought it, its taking my mind off all the waiting and checking emails!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CalumBlack)
    Haha I bought it, its taking my mind off all the waiting and checking emails!
    that made me lol literally

"You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!"

i will rep you tomorrow
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, looks like it's going to be next week before we hear anything now...hurry up Glasgow!!!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    good luck guys !! Just a week or so to wait. Hope everyone here gets in ! Im here to answer any questions about the course once the offers have been given out. Take care
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It'll be next week for the majority of people I'm sure. I don't think they've ever left it to the last week Although, there's a first for everything......
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just got a ucas track email! Turned out they were informing me that I'd withdrawn from a choice unrelated to medicine! Heart is still pounding lol! Why did they do that to me ;-)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh well looks like it is going to be another agonising wait over the weekend...
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    13th March last year fell on a Sunday and offers went out just before midnight that day...so you never know might be this Sunday late on...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George89)
    I know, I can't handle the thought of it. I really thought this week would have been the week.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George89)
    The wooden spoon should take your mind off things

Nahh I reckon you've got italy pinned, you've been really unlucky so far this tournament, been robbed a couple of times and outplayed a few teams, you just don't seem to be able to finish.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetchilli)
    13th March last year fell on a Sunday and offers went out just before midnight that day...so you never know might be this Sunday late on...
    Mother's day will be spent thinking about Glasgow then eh
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Off the phone with the admissions team today and they're not giving me an interview. I honestly feel so disappointed...I had everything they need in terms of requirements and I don't even get an interview?! Sorry I sound really spoilt guys but Glasgow would have been my uni of choice What have you gotta do to get into medicine round here...:/

PS Good luck to everyone on the thread, hope the email you guys receive from UCAS makes you whoop with joy
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dee1334)
    Off the phone with the admissions team today and they're not giving me an interview. I honestly feel so disappointed...I had everything they need in terms of requirements and I don't even get an interview?! Sorry I sound really spoilt guys but Glasgow would have been my uni of choice What have you gotta do to get into medicine round here...:/

PS Good luck to everyone on the thread, hope the email you guys receive from UCAS makes you whoop with joy
    did they say why?

that's rubbish though, hopefully everything will work out elsewhere
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dee1334)

That sucks they must have gave a reason?

How are your other applications?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KCosmo)
    That sucks they must have gave a reason?

How are your other applications?
    Without being really harsh...

I saw people having the last minute interviews last Friday... So they have probably assigned all the offers now and will release them any day now...

Good luck all!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 3, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.