The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
My motorbike test examiner followed in his car, the lazy git! :rolleyes:
They usually follow in their own car or on their own bike. You wear a 1 way radio with an earpiece, so you hear the voices in your head telling you where to go.

:eek: OMG I had no idea!
So how can they tell if you select the rite gear and stuff? And do you have to do any manuovres?

How about when ur learning? Does the instructor get to sit by your rear :wink:
:eek: OMG I had no idea!
So how can they tell if you select the rite gear and stuff? And do you have to do any manuovres?

How about when ur learning? Does the instructor get to sit by your rear :wink:

As for gears, If you're WAY off your engine will either be stalling or screaming!
Gears on a bike are sequential, meaning you can only change to the gear above or below it so 1 - N >> 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6, so it isnt really a problem.
On the bike test you have to perform a perfect U turn on a quiet road, If you put your foot down, or dont look properly, or hit the kerb, automatic fail.
My boyfriend was going to teach me how to ride a motorbike so I could go to the dirt tracks with him and his mates. But for now I'm riding his quad! :p: I don't think I'd ever do a proper bike test, as I prefer four wheels rather than two!!!
Reply 44
Quad bikes are actually more dangerous than motorbikes, as they are inclined to flip over. If you hit a bump hard with one side of the quad it tends to send it rolling over to one side. If the thing does flip over and you are still clinging to it you can get squashed beneath it (as I have seen in many a painful looking comedy home video!). Whereas motorbikes by their very nature cannot flip and if you do crash, you almost always fall off so you cannot be crushed. Although on the roads, compared to a car, they are incredibly dangerous! as there is NOTHING protecting you agains that concrete wall you are about to hit at 40mph. :eek:
Or another car coming towards you at 40, while you're doing 40 as well.
Reply 46
lil_lee
But for now I'm riding his quad! :p:

Slightly off topic: Do you know what quad it is?
Reply 47
We have a Yamaha Grizzly 650. It does 50 mph, and across a field that feels like 100! It's a f****n beast!
Reply 48
i hope i have a 'lucky' day... i have my driving test on wednesday! *is nervous*
Emma_lu
i hope i have a 'lucky' day... i have my driving test on wednesday! *is nervous*

good luck!! try not to be nervous... and check your mirrors as often as possible!!!! and approach junctions really cautiously :smile:

omg cant believe ive been driving for over a year now! shocking! i feel old!! lol
Reply 50
I am a mirror checking obsesive!

two of my best friends failed last week, so im not that high on the confidence! but i had an awsome lesson today so im feeling a bit better!

thanks!!
Reply 51
"DRIVE AS IF EVERYONE ELSE ON THE ROAD IS A FOOL" :cool:
And you'll do ok.
Reply 52
I've got my first test first thing tomorrow morning and I'm dreading it! I know I can do everything perfectly well, I'm just concerned that my nerves are going to get the better of me and I''ll do something silly.

At least if I do fail then I'll have a better idea what to expect next time.

Going to have a breakfast of rescue remedy and bananas. It comes highly recommended from my fiance!

Latest