The Student Room Group

English Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Muffinz
I absolutely love it. I'm loving the independence in learning, I'm loving the language element, and I'm loving my electives, opportunities at the union, the city and all the people! It's fantastic. You should consider swapping Leicester for Leeds :wink:

I did consider it, but I wasn't so keen on the language aspect. I studied English Language at AS and enjoyed it, but it wasn't really the balance I was looking for. My sister just started there, and she's loving the city as well.
Reply 181
I have an AAA offer from Nottingham!

I got one too! :biggrin:
Original post by LeSacMagique

Original post by lozvegas
I got one too! :biggrin:

:woo: Congratulations!
Reply 183

Well done! :smile:

Are you doing straight English Studies or Joint hons?
I want an offer from Notts so badly (applied for English Studies and Philosophy)!
People do that all the time. I think that for PG universities are less interested in the institution you attended than they are in academic references and your own academics. I know that on Oxford's rejection page they actually encourage you to consider applying for postgrad, so it's definitely a Thing.

Ah, thats really helpful, thanks :smile:

Well done! :woo:
Original post by Oh Hi
Well done! :smile:

Are you doing straight English Studies or Joint hons?
I want an offer from Notts so badly (applied for English Studies and Philosophy)!

SH English. I'm really happy - I just have to get BBC at A2 and then I'm def. going to university! :biggrin:
Reply 187
A bit worried my choices were a bit ambitious I'm predicted A* A*A in english lit, art and biology. However I really mucked up an exam and got a D in my AS Chemistry which I have now dropped.
I've applied to UCL, Bristol, Exeter, Southampton and Glasgow. Does anyone know how much universities take your AS grade in consideration? Thanks :smile:
Reply 188
SH English. I'm really happy - I just have to get BBC at A2 and then I'm def. going to university! :biggrin:

What?! They offered you BBC? They must really want you! :smile:
Original post by Oh Hi
What?! They offered you BBC? They must really want you! :smile:

They didn't offer me BBC - it's just that I would only need to get BBC (well, 151, 145, and 129 UMS in English, History and Latin respectively) at A2 in order to get AAA overall.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 190

Congrats! :biggrin: Nottingham is ace.
Reply 191

Congratulations! When did you apply?
Original post by geolke
Congratulations! When did you apply?

September the 30th.
Original post by geolke

Did anyone else apply for Language and Lit at Nottingham, or did you do English Studies :s-smilie:
Original post by Forget that
what was wrong with Queens? i missed the open day because i went to RH instead

Nothing wrong with it at all, I just would prefer not to live in London if possible because of the cost!
Original post by eden500
A bit worried my choices were a bit ambitious I'm predicted A* A*A in english lit, art and biology. However I really mucked up an exam and got a D in my AS Chemistry which I have now dropped.
I've applied to UCL, Bristol, Exeter, Southampton and Glasgow. Does anyone know how much universities take your AS grade in consideration? Thanks :smile:

I think generally if they take your AS grade into serious consideration they'll make it part of the entry requirements (I couldn't apply to King's because I had a C at AS) :rolleyes:
I applied to: UCL, Bristol, Birmingham, Nottingham and Loughborough on 20th October and already sooo impatient. Checking my emails 24/7! Has anybody got any offers from these unis yet? Eeeek
Original post by Camillalala
I applied to: UCL, Bristol, Birmingham, Nottingham and Loughborough on 20th October and already sooo impatient. Checking my emails 24/7! Has anybody got any offers from these unis yet? Eeeek

I applied to Loughborough on the 20th too! Only got acknowledgement so far! Don't worry I'm already checking my emails about 20 times a day! Good luck!
:biggrin: My first offer just came through! Conditional offer (AAB) from Royal Holloway :biggrin:
Original post by Obsidian
:biggrin: My first offer just came through! Conditional offer (AAB) from Royal Holloway :biggrin:

Sorry can I ask when you sent off your application:smile: And what your applying to study?

Also, well done on the offer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending