The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blueray
OCR? I have aqa sciences :biggrin:

Blueray. This was all your idea, wasn't it? Hmmm.....It seems like you've betrayed your own thread and went to speak with the little ones, eh? I see how it is. :wink:
Original post by Prettygeek
Year 10's! Whoo!

lol yeah only 3 pages worth :frown:
Original post by OpenTheFloodGates
Same here! :smile:

:biggrin: how many units left?

Original post by Ree-Ree-Real:p
Blueray. This was all your idea, wasn't it? Hmmm.....It seems like you've betrayed your own thread and went to speak with the little ones, eh? I see how it is. :wink:

lol joker :tongue:
Original post by blueray
lol yeah only 3 pages worth :frown:

:biggrin: how many units left?

lol joker :tongue:

BLUERAY. COME BACK THIS INSTANCE. No joke. :wink:
Original post by plainsong
I got the same, well done - you're talking about the core science modules right? :biggrin: One mark off an A* in the Biology, :rolleyes:. Never mind.

I've started revising - for Maths, I'm just trying to get it out of the way now to take off the pressure off revision for the exams, I find module 5 the hardest; Algebra I can do, Shape (the harder stuff) I cannot. Maths is the easiest to prepare for though imo, so if I can get my head round it early a lot of pressure should be gone. :smile:

Ah, I got exactly the same as you! I'm doing triple science (doing Biology, Chemistry and Physics separately), and I was one mark off an A* in Biology (B1 B2 B3)... which is going to haunt me for the rest of my life... :wink:

We do linear Edexcel maths, which is great! (We have two exams at the end of Year 11, so I guess it will be harder this time next year!)

Overall, I'm doing... (with predictions)

English Literature (My favourite subject... want to study at Oxbridge :wink:) A*
English Language A
Maths A
Biology A
Chemistry A
Physics A
Religious Studies A
ICT (100% coursework, so confusing...) A
French A
History A*
Geography A*
Spanish A

So, twelve GCSES.... should be fun :wink: I'm aiming for straight A*s, would be great to say 'I got twelve A*s for GCSE!', as oppose to 'I got twelve Bs/Cs'..... revision started last week, going rather well :wink: I need to make an Easter revision timetable soon....! :biggrin:
Original post by ArtisticFlair

Ah, I got exactly the same as you! I'm doing triple science (doing Biology, Chemistry and Physics separately), and I was one mark off an A* in Biology (B1 B2 B3)... which is going to haunt me for the rest of my life... :wink:

We do linear Edexcel maths, which is great! (We have two exams at the end of Year 11, so I guess it will be harder this time next year!)

Overall, I'm doing... (with predictions)

English Literature (My favourite subject... want to study at Oxbridge :wink:) A*
English Language A
Maths A
Biology A
Chemistry A
Physics A
Religious Studies A
ICT (100% coursework, so confusing...) A
French A
History A*
Geography A*
Spanish A

So, twelve GCSES.... should be fun :wink: I'm aiming for straight A*s, would be great to say 'I got twelve A*s for GCSE!', as oppose to 'I got twelve Bs/Cs'..... revision started last week, going rather well :wink: I need to make an Easter revision timetable soon....! :biggrin:

2 languages for a boy is really good! :biggrin: ICT dida? I prefer gcse :tongue:
Original post by Ree-Ree-Real:p
BLUERAY. COME BACK THIS INSTANCE. No joke. :wink:

:facepalm: please edit that lol
Reply 65
Original post by plainsong
I did Bronze in year 9, so I've done a lot of expeditions :biggrin: . We nearly failed our final last year - we were walking up a huge steep hill and the examiner was behind us, and there was one girl who was struggling behind us and stopped for a minute, so we carried on up and the examiner saw that there was a gap in our group and wasn't best pleased. :redface: But luckily he didn't fail us. Do you do D of E then?

My final is in a month :cool: . And nope, I do Latin as an extra activity, wish I could do the GCSE - but I've only started this year and it's meant to be too hard to jump onto the GCSE course that early, so I doubt I'll get to do it :frown: . Maybe year 11 I hope :colondollar:

I did latin before I choose my GCSEs, the GCSE is apparently v. difficult and I was never that great at it, so i'm sure it wouldn't work out well for me

Haha nice, I'm going on the first practise expedition next saturday, have no idea what to expect, is it hard? :biggrin:
How has everyone found the English Language/Literature controlled assessments? I have one starting next Friday, for three hours :s-smilie:
Reply 67
How has everyone found the English Language/Literature controlled assessments? I have one starting next Friday, for three hours :s-smilie:

I did one on how people 'maintain brevity through technological mediums' or something like that.

Surely the three hours is spread out, and not in one big long go ?

I did one on of mice and men wbu? :biggrin:

Original post by Seble
I did one on how people 'maintain brevity through technological mediums' or something like that.

Surely the three hours is spread out, and not in one big long go ?

Yeah mine was 3 lessons :tongue:
Original post by blueray
I did one on of mice and men wbu? :biggrin:

Yeah mine was 3 lessons :tongue:

Mine's spread over three lessons too, thank god :redface:

Blueray, are you on the AQA English specification? We're doing the Understanding Extended texts controlled assessment on Romeo and Juliet, and then the English Literature controlled assessment, comparing Romeo and Juliet with a Heritage title, or something. So far, I've got:

25/30: Writing creative texts
16/20: Spoken language study
B: Speaking and Listening

I'm aiming for 30/30 for R&J.... :smile:

How's everyone finding the work in lessons?

Blueray, are you on the AQA English specification? We're doing the Understanding Extended texts controlled assessment on Romeo and Juliet, and then the English Literature controlled assessment, comparing Romeo and Juliet with a Heritage title, or something. So far, I've got:

Im not on Romeo and Juliet yet :biggrin: We have finished all of ours :tongue: until later on...
speaking 20/20
writing 28/30
:biggrin:
Not sure if anyone would know, but lets say for English Language, at the end of Year 11, I got...

55% A*
25% A
20% B

... what would this average out at?

Not sure if anyone would know, but lets say for English Language, at the end of Year 11, I got...

55% A*
25% A
20% B

55% gets you an A*? :biggrin:
Original post by ThePepperRobot
So, how is everyone doing academically? :smile:

I just got A* in my first Science module :smile:
And a C in English (thought I was going to fail lol)
Original post by blueray
55% gets you an A*? :biggrin:

No, I mean if 55% of the course content is marked at A*, 25% A and 20% B. :smile:

Yours was spread over three lessons? mine was spread over two >;( although i do find controlled assessments a lot easier than exam questions :L
No, I mean if 55% of the course content is marked at A*, 25% A and 20% B. :smile:

I'm still confused :confused: lol

Original post by Prettygeek
Yours was spread over three lessons? mine was spread over two >;( although i do find controlled assessments a lot easier than exam questions :L

Lol i find the exam questions easier :biggrin:
Original post by Seble
I did latin before I choose my GCSEs, the GCSE is apparently v. difficult and I was never that great at it, so i'm sure it wouldn't work out well for me

Haha nice, I'm going on the first practise expedition next saturday, have no idea what to expect, is it hard? :biggrin:

Latin GCSE isnt too bad, just a LOT of grammar. For gods sake, make sure your bag fits you properly/ you've been shown how to pack it properly/ know someone who can show you.

55% A*
25% A
20% B

well youd have a+b= 45% = b+ you'd have 55% a* and 45%b+ so you'd end up with either a high A or low A*
Is anyone here doing their DOFE ? :biggrin:

Latest