The Student Room Group
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Hey everyone!

Has anyone heard of the GCSE Predicting company? I can't remember the exact name of it, but it had 'fish' in it o.O
Apparently, they predict all your GCSEs for every subject using information from your primary school and previous SATs :dontknow:
Anyone else think this is a completely stupid idea?! And how does it work exactly?

It's called Fisherman's trust I think. So stupid, it's based on a lot of things but its definitely not accurate @ all. :lol:

It's based on your ethnicity, SATs, I think Year 9 results but don't quote me on that and a whole lot of other things that don't matter.

I don't know of any school that solely uses this as a standard for grade-setting but it's just there for some reason. I don't think it holds much sway over anything tbh.
Original post by I Persia I
It's called Fisherman's trust I think. So stupid, it's based on a lot of things but its definitely not accurate @ all. :lol:

It's based on your ethnicity, SATs, I think Year 9 results but don't quote me on that and a whole lot of other things that don't matter.

I don't know of any school that solely uses this as a standard for grade-setting but it's just there for some reason. I don't think it holds much sway over anything tbh.

Ethnicity???

Ah, I guess so.
It's just that if this so called "trust" predicts me an A* for example, an my teachers think I'll get an A, then they'll put be as "Below" for that subject which is really putting me off tbh! :|
Original post by Paparazzo
Ethnicity???

Yeah however non-politically-correct that may sound. :tongue:
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Ah, I guess so.
It's just that if this so called "trust" predicts me an A* for example, an my teachers think I'll get an A, then they'll put be as "Below" for that subject which is really putting me off tbh! :|

Don't worry about it just pretend it's not there because it doesn't really count for anything and at the end of the day only your real grade matters. :smile:
Yeah however non-politically-correct that may sound. :tongue:

Don't worry about it just pretend it's not there because it doesn't really count for anything and at the end of the day only your real grade matters. :smile:

I guess so! But it is seriously annoying me! :angry:
Original post by c3ntury
Good luck! :biggrin:

Thanks! I got my history result today and my computing result.

Original post by blueray
Hey thanks :biggrin: How has it been?

Oh, it's been great without you (just joking :tongue:). How did your exams go?

Soo...how is everyone today?
Reply 9926
Original post by usycool1

You did well I hope? :smile:

I had parent's evening today, found out that I got 97% in my last maths exam! I didn't even realise! :eek:
Reply 9927

Oh, it's been great without you (just joking :tongue:). How did your exams go?

Soo...how is everyone today?

Whatcha get? :smile:
Original post by Pandora.

I had parent's evening today, found out that I got 97% in my last maths exam! I didn't even realise! :eek:

Well done! That's great!

You did well I hope? :smile:

Original post by c3ntury
Whatcha get? :smile:

I'm happy with History but I'm not too happy with computing :frown:

Spoiler

Ah well. I didn't really revise for it anyway :tongue: I think I need to concentrate a bit more on the theory rather than the programming...
Just one more result to get now :smile: (French). And then it's parents evening...*gulp*
Reply 9930
Any of you guys taking part in the UKMT Maths challenge tomorrow?
Reply 9931
Well done! That's great!

I'm happy with History but I'm not too happy with computing :frown:

Spoiler

Ah well. I didn't really revise for it anyway :tongue: I think I need to concentrate a bit more on the theory rather than the programming...

Were these real or mock results? (Sorry, I've forgotten :tongue:). Either way, really well done on your History, and don't stress too much on your Computing - your marks for that look like you weren't too far off an A, but then again I don't really know. :smile:
Well done! :h:

Original post by Zigggyy.

Not that I know of, but if I'm thinking of the right thing my maths class usually get it sprung on us without notice :biggrin:

I'm meant to but I'm not going to. /gangsta :colone:
Reply 9933

Were these real or mock results? (Sorry, I've forgotten :tongue:). Either way, really well done on your History, and don't stress too much on your Computing - your marks for that look like you weren't too far off an A, but then again I don't really know. :smile:

Not that I know of, but if I'm thinking of the right thing my maths class usually get it sprung on us without notice :biggrin:

haha, it's like an hour long, everyone attempts the first 25 questions and after that you end up drawing, because you don't want to risk losing marks on the next 2 sections ;D sound familiar? (':

ahaha, ah you're so lucky, I hate sitting through them. It's compulsory for the top two sets and I really just cannot be bothered.

Yeah, you're right, I was about 2 marks off an A so hopefully I can improve that :smile:
Reply 9935
haha, it's like an hour long, everyone attempts the first 25 questions and after that you end up drawing, because you don't want to risk losing marks on the next 2 sections ;D sound familiar? (':

Yep, that's the one. I hope we're doing it tomorrow, I'm sick of trig. :biggrin:

:tongue:
Not too many posts left now before Mark II :biggrin: Who's gonna be the OP for it? I don't much fancy doing it-I'm too shy to start such a big thread! :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9937
Not too many posts left now before Mark II :biggrin: Whose gonna be the OP for it? I don't much fancy doing it-I'm too shy to start such a big thread! :colondollar:

Do we have to OP it, or do the mods split it? I'm not too sure on this forum :biggrin:
Do we have to OP it, or do the mods split it? I'm not too sure on this forum :biggrin:

To be honest, I have no idea :tongue:
Reply 9939
To be honest, I have no idea :tongue:

The Year 12 thread might know... I'm a bit nervous about seeing what goes on in there though :eek::biggrin:

Latest