The Student Room Group

Would you support the millitary being mobilised to contain the spreading rioting?

Poll

Is it time for the millitary to become involved?

Personally I think the time has come. Extreme situations require an extreme response. If the situation is not contained now, it will be worse tomorrow. Lives will be lost, millions of dollars in damage will be done, and the UK's reputation will be sullied. Tourists will think London isn't safe.

Interested to see what others think.
Certainly.
Reply 2
Yes because they can only have so many police and firemen out there, bringing in the army would certainly give them a lot more support in bringing the riots down.
Reply 3
It will only esculate the problem, and make the police look unable to contain a what is a small civil disturabance, nothing more.

All the army can do is shoot in self defence of life, and also I dont think the Government is about to authorise the use of leathal force on our street to contain a few yobs.

The Police are doing just fine, the military need no part of this.
Reply 4
what are we? Syria or something?
Original post by Dobermory
Personally I think the time has come. Extreme situations require an extreme response. If the situation is not contained now, it will be worse tomorrow. Lives will be lost, millions of dollars in damage will be done, and the UK's reputation will be sullied. Tourists will think London isn't safe.

Interested to see what others think.

Londoners are starting to think London isn't safe :s-smilie:
We're fighting two wars and have dozens of standing deployments around the world between the services. The police can handle it.
Reply 7
Original post by Davethedavedave
what is a small civil disturabance, nothing more.

I don't think so!
Reply 8
As a Londoner...either step up the quantity of policemen in the areas affected. Use tear gas and rubber bullets if necessary. I'd give it a few more days, if it has gotten worse, then the military need to hit the streets.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending