The Student Room Group

SSC madness

I seem to have been a bit of a numpty. I've got an SSC (special study component) to do during february for 4 weeks.

When choosing from the list of topics for some reason I put "introdction to hip replacement" as my first choice, I don't really know what I was thinking at the time but thats what i've been allocated. (for once i actually got my first choice of something) Now anyways i've got to do a 5000 word research type project on hip replacements. I just hope the consultant is a decent chappy otherwise its gunna be pretty poo.

Anyway I just wanted to post this to remind me that next semester I must choose an SSC that actually sounds interesting and useful like ICU or Trauma or something! Grrr.
Reply 1
I got my first choice ssc this term which is great (sexual health and sexual behaviours) unfortunatly i have to write an essay and do a presentation for it which I am not looking forward to as much :frown:. Look on the possitive side I once got my 5th choice for my ssc :frown: turned out ok though
Reply 2
Daveo
I seem to have been a bit of a numpty. I've got an SSC (special study component) to do during february for 4 weeks.

When choosing from the list of topics for some reason I put "introdction to hip replacement" as my first choice, I don't really know what I was thinking at the time but thats what i've been allocated. (for once i actually got my first choice of something) Now anyways i've got to do a 5000 word research type project on hip replacements. I just hope the consultant is a decent chappy otherwise its gunna be pretty poo.

Anyway I just wanted to post this to remind me that next semester I must choose an SSC that actually sounds interesting and useful like ICU or Trauma or something! Grrr.

i did exactly the same thing, i picked a choice for first choice i didn't really want to do but only did it because everything looked worse...

i chose a really hard choice module (which i only realised after i picked it!), needed to do a lot of work. I had to write a 5000-6000 word essay... i have 2 days to go but have done most of it but it's not that interesting... what makes me a bit bitter is that as i'm stressing about this one of my mates only had to do 1 powerpoint presentation and that was it! it really annoys me that i have to do so much more work, i'm just grateful i had to holidays to write the essay of esle i would be dead...

and yes, for my choice module for the next block i picked the one with the least work... you live and learn!

good luck with your hip replacement essay... :wink:
Reply 3
when you make the powerpoint presentation, do u also have to present it? And when you present it, do u have to do it front of your whole year? about 300 ppl?
Reply 4
itz_ant
when you make the powerpoint presentation, do u also have to present it? And when you present it, do u have to do it front of your whole year? about 300 ppl?

obviously if you make a powerpoint presentation you have to present it, otherwise why make a presentation! :cool:

but anywayz it depends, my mate had to do was present a presentation to about 20 people that took his special choice module... though it does really depend

Latest

Trending

Trending