The Student Room Group

People actually in London... Advice, please?

Just a quickie - I'm supposed to be going to London by coach this weekend to visit a friend who lives in the Stratford area. Is this still a good idea?
Yes. Don't be a baby. Expect travel delays.
I should be going into Central London on Thursday. Just get on with it.
Reply 3
not if you want to be strip-mugged like this guy.

Reply 4
Original post by justlol
not if you want to be strip-mugged like this guy.

Wtf?!

Those jeans wouldn't even suit him!
Reply 5
Yes still come but be careful. Don't walk around alone in the evening.
Reply 6
I'd rather walk through Stratford now than when the olympics are on. At least you'll be able to move (which is lucky because you might need to run at some points)
Reply 7
tbh its perfectly safe, they aren't mugging people just expect delays to travel
London isn't a closed city, it's very much open for business...... please don't make it worse than it really is.
Reply 9
Thanks - sorry if I sound paranoid, but for various reasons it's quite difficult for me to get access to the news at the moment. I just got a very frantic call from my Mum today to the effect that I'll burst into flames if I go near the place, but then she's slightly prone to blowing things out of proportion, so I thought I'd double check. :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by hashman90
tbh its perfectly safe, they aren't mugging people just expect delays to travel

wtf?! see pic.
Reply 11
Original post by justlol
wtf?! see pic.

yeah i saw it, i was out in croydon last night and tbh no one was getting robbed except the shops
Reply 12
yes still come because it really isn't that bad and it's just the shops being looted i don't think many people are being injured.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending