The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Once you've logged in to the portal and looked at the questionnaire, can you log out and go back to it? :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
I just filled it in in one long sitting and sent it off. I can't imagine this sort of thing has right or wrong answers, it just seemed to be a way to find out more about you tbh :/ Hopefully I didn't make a mess of it, but I filled it out as honestly as I could.
Reply 182
Original post by Davidragon
I just filled it in in one long sitting and sent it off. I can't imagine this sort of thing has right or wrong answers, it just seemed to be a way to find out more about you tbh :/ Hopefully I didn't make a mess of it, but I filled it out as honestly as I could.

I think there are 'right answers' tbh :frown:

It sounds an odd thing to say, but seeing as on their admissions policy, they say they 'mark' it and give it a score, I'd say different answers would give you different scores :s-smilie:
Reply 183
basically they are just doing this to see if you wrote your personal statement yourself
Reply 184
Original post by chats4england
Not asking about the questions but more about the information:

What form of work experience do you put down? Like just hospital/GP stuff or voluntary as well?

Just asking because if I need all of it, I'll need to dig out some paperwork to find the right dates.

Original post by as_94
In terms of dates, you just need month, year and duration :smile:

Anything that counts as work experience can be put down.

The instruction says 'medically related' work experience
Reply 185
Damn it! I didn't see that. I put a non medical one down. Is this going to ruin my chances. Oh no!! :frown:
Does voluntary work count as work experience? e.g. in a hospital?
Reply 187
Original post by Insanity514
Does voluntary work count as work experience? e.g. in a hospital?

I did put my voluntary work in the hospital since I do a lot of hands on tasks rather than just shadowing or observing
Reply 188
Original post by :)!
Damn it! I didn't see that. I put a non medical one down. Is this going to ruin my chances. Oh no!! :frown:

I doubt that they're that strict. Don't worry! It's better to fill up all 4 than leave one blank
Reply 189
Original post by kim93
I doubt that they're that strict. Don't worry! It's better to fill up all 4 than leave one blank

I guess. Though I did have another medical work experience I could have put its just this voluntary one I have done for 4 years so I thought it may look better.
Reply 190
Original post by :)!

the first step to answering a question is READING IT!

how did you miss those 2 critical words?
Reply 191
Original post by giraffegiraffe
Yes you can. you have to fill it out all in one go, but you can log in and back out again as many times as you like before typing answers in

Actually, you can log in and out and changes your answers as many times as you like as long as you haven't submitted and sent it off
Reply 192
Original post by .eXe
the first step to answering a question is READING IT!

how did you miss those 2 critical words?

I don't know. Probably just never read it.
Reply 193
Original post by kim93
Actually, you can log in and out and changes your answers as many times as you like as long as you haven't submitted and sent it off

Why the 'neg'? In practice you can. I took 2 days to complete the questionnaire
Reply 194
Can you look at the answers for the drop-down menu thing, not answer it, and log out, do whatever, come back later, and then fill out the questionnaire in that setting??
Original post by The_Tarin

Original post by The_Tarin
Can you look at the answers for the drop-down menu thing, not answer it, and log out, do whatever, come back later, and then fill out the questionnaire in that setting??

Yes. I filled in some answers already and logged in again after one day. They were still there!
Original post by kim93

Even if you've ignored basic instructions?

Seriously, they don't care about how many days you've spent in a hospital, or the amount of different voluntary work. It's about how well you've reflected it in your PS.
Secondly, they're just for contact (to check if the student has been bullcrapping); not to compare between students who has undertaken the most experience.
Thanks for the help regarding what work experience to put down.

Just going to get the dates and fill it up asap.
Hi everybody. I got 9 A* grades at GCSE and 2 A grades. I scored 625 on the UKCAT (540,600,630,730) and I'm a little worried this will drag my application down. I am predicted A*AA. My personal statement is very good and I have good work experience in a caring role as well as extra-curricular activities. I was wondering could anybody who is familiar with the scoring system give me an indicator of how I would score? Thankyou for your time.
Reply 199
Original post by bradshawm05
Hi everybody. I got 9 A* grades at GCSE and 2 A grades. I scored 625 on the UKCAT (540,600,630,730) and I'm a little worried this will drag my application down. I am predicted A*AA. My personal statement is very good and I have good work experience in a caring role as well as extra-curricular activities. I was wondering could anybody who is familiar with the scoring system give me an indicator of how I would score? Thankyou for your time.

Why would you ask this now? A week after the deadline :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending