The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ak12
do they care about AS grades?

yes, that is the only real credible measure of how good your are. I think these days although predictions do matter alot, with alot of MP's on the news kicking up fuss about predictions being inflated then I think especially this year there will be a greater emphasis on AS grades and GCSE's.
Reply 21
Heey! :smile: this is my first choice! Just wondering if we could have a poll for ukcat/gcses/predictions or just ukcat? Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 22
Is a UKCAT score of 630 good enough for Nottingham? Thanks :smile:
Reply 23
It seem like everyone is interested in whether they have a UKCAT cutoff (i am) if there are no answers i will call the admissions tutors on monday or tuesday and asking a few questions :smile: I got 677.5 and am not sure if its enough??
Reply 24
Okay hey guys. i was thinking of applying to nottingham for med, predicted 4 A's, good personal statement, gcses 5 A*'s and 5 A's, but my ukcat's 600... I called them and they said they based it on the subtests.... i got 600 for quantitative, 670 for decision analysis, then i think it was 580 for abstract analysis and 550 for verbal reasoning... What do you think?
Reply 25
Original post by Fission_Mailed

Original post by Fission_Mailed
After, they will send you a link to it once all of the applications are in.

Do you have to sign up for the questionnaire? Or will they send it because you've put them down on your UCAS form?
Original post by marzywarzy
Okay hey guys. i was thinking of applying to nottingham for med, predicted 4 A's, good personal statement, gcses 5 A*'s and 5 A's, but my ukcat's 600... I called them and they said they based it on the subtests.... i got 600 for quantitative, 670 for decision analysis, then i think it was 580 for abstract analysis and 550 for verbal reasoning... What do you think?

what did they say about the subtests? is it a minimum for each section? :smile:
Original post by colabottles
I got 590 in VR and 850 in DA and got in so no, I doubt that's true :smile:

Oh my goodness, you have no idea how much this has relieved me.
I got 570 in VR and 810 in AR and I was freaking out because I really like Nottingham.
Original post by PrismaticCore
I got 570 in VR and 810 in AR and I was freaking out because I really like Nottingham.

Aww nooo don't worry, it'll be fine! :biggrin:
Does anyone know if they use AS grades or A2 predictions? In their admissions policy, there isn't any mention of either :s-smilie:
Reply 30

How important is the personal statement for Nottingham?
Reply 31
Original post by as_94
How important is the personal statement for Nottingham?

very. nottingham's admissions policy is ****ing enigma.

if you have a low UKCAT and want to come - still apply.
Reply 32
Original post by PrismaticCore

I got an average of 657.5 with a lowest score of 550.
Nottingham say they evaluate your top 8 gcses and UKCAT together then look for an AAA prediction (as in a A*A*A* wont help you). If u got 8A* at GCSE would this compensate a low ukcat score?
Reply 34
Original post by gunner4lyf44
Nottingham say they evaluate your top 8 gcses and UKCAT together then look for an AAA prediction (as in a A*A*A* wont help you). If u got 8A* at GCSE would this compensate a low ukcat score?

yes I would imagine so. what was your UKCAT?
Original post by Organ
yes I would imagine so. what was your UKCAT?

I havent done it yet but i was just wondering. The woman at Notts said its not a big deal with the UKCAT because "one day of your life shouldnt affect your entire future"
Reply 36
Original post by Swind
It seem like everyone is interested in whether they have a UKCAT cutoff (i am) if there are no answers i will call the admissions tutors on monday or tuesday and asking a few questions :smile: I got 677.5 and am not sure if its enough??

I got an offer with 657.5

Othersw got offers with 605 (and below), people got rejected with 740!
Reply 37
Original post by Organ
I got an offer with 657.5

Othersw got offers with 605 (and below), people got rejected with 740!

ok cool, thats good. Notting is back at the top of my list :smile: From the looks of this thread im guessing no-one knows their admission procedure??
Reply 38
It's bull that they don't care if you got AAA or A*A*A*, where's the incentive to get the best you can? Anyway, I've been reading about people worrying about UKCAT. How do they use the UKCAT? Is there a cut off? A lowest sub-section cut off? No cut off?
My school dont cash in the AS grades but I'm predicted A*AAA.

Will this affect my application ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending