The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by satnile
It is very cheeky of them to pass the application to another course without first getting explicit permission from the applicant. It is also unkind to let people wait longer with false hopes.

Yeah i know; if another course makes you an offer and you don't want it then it's a pain having to wait so long just to find out you've been rejected for medicine. There should be an option somewhere to say if you'd like other departments to consider your application if you're unsuccessful for med :/
For those who've had interviews, how long did you spend on the questions on motivations and how long on empathy?
Original post by MuffinMonster
For those who've had interviews, how long did you spend on the questions on motivations and how long on empathy?

Probably about a 50:50 split, maybe slightly longer on motivation.. it'll probably be different for everyone though :P
Original post by Rand
Nothing either? I got an email from UCAS today about some media-thing and my heart literally stopped beating for a second -_-

no, nothing at all??!! i dot know what to think anymore :frown: aaahh ive done that before!! HATE it :L how is your application going? and are you international? :smile:
Reply 764
Original post by Emma_Rose_64
no, nothing at all??!! i dot know what to think anymore :frown: aaahh ive done that before!! HATE it :L how is your application going? and are you international? :smile:

Sort of, I'm EU :smile: I'm right now in the process of applying to med schools in Holland and I can see my chances diminishing with every grade I get -_- I don't know what my problem is, but this year, the most important of all, I seem to be getting only low grades :frown:
Original post by Rand
Sort of, I'm EU :smile: I'm right now in the process of applying to med schools in Holland and I can see my chances diminishing with every grade I get -_- I don't know what my problem is, but this year, the most important of all, I seem to be getting only low grades :frown:

aaah :L have you applied to any other uni's over here?

are you international who is waiting to hear back from Nottingham too?
i am basically assuming that i have been rejected from notts as ive not had an interview offer yet! so harsh to keep us waiting this long! :frown:
Reply 768
aaah :L have you applied to any other uni's over here?

Yes, I've applied to King's College London, Oxford and Brighton Sussex and been rejected from all three without interview :frown:
Reply 769
Received my invitation yesterday!! :tongue: sooo excited! hehe :biggrin:
Original post by br2pi5
Received my invitation yesterday!! :tongue: sooo excited! hehe :biggrin:

home student or international?
Reply 771
Original post by medic_imperial18
home student or international?

I'm EU but I'm taking AP tests (American examinations, equivalent to A-levels) :smile:
Does the order in which they interview applicant's mean anything or is it just based on when you applied. I applied a couple of days before the deadline and had an interview yesterday. Does anyone (who applied before me that is) have an interview coming up, if so what were your stats??? I'm just slightly dubious to whether the people they interview early on have better academics, although I suppose from here on it's just the interview that counts so probably doesn't matter anyway.
Reply 773
just read a faq document that means that I would have been automatically rejected. fml :'(
Reply 774
Original post by gina3706
just read a faq document that means that I would have been automatically rejected. fml :'(

:frown: Are you sure? What would make you think that this late in the application cycle?
Reply 775
Original post by hopefulmedic:)
i am basically assuming that i have been rejected from notts as ive not had an interview offer yet! so harsh to keep us waiting this long! :frown:

Samee :s-smilie:
Reply 776
Original post by bmnbmn101
:frown: Are you sure? What would make you think that this late in the application cycle?

i'm resitting 2 chemistry units and 1 biology unit (2nd time i've resat it) and got a D in chemistry AS

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/mhs/documents/a100frequentlyaskedquestions.pdf

really annoying as it's not on their main entry requirements section and on the open day talk they said they don't look at your AS grades or worry about resits :frown: just wish i hadn't wasted an application
Original post by medic_imperial18
are you international who is waiting to hear back from Nottingham too?

no im home!! :s-smilie:
Original post by Rand
Yes, I've applied to King's College London, Oxford and Brighton Sussex and been rejected from all three without interview :frown:

:L Ive been rejected from keele, brighton sussex and hull york all without interview :frown:
Original post by hopefulmedic:)

are you home or international? im in the same position! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending