The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emma_Rose_64
are you home or international? im in the same position! :frown:

home, year 13! kind of come to terms with the fact that im gunna have to take a gap year! rejected from keele and lancaster, nothing yet from the leeds and nottingham! good luck!
Reply 781
Been rejected from Leicester, Manchester..
Southhampton this morning.
Only Notts left.. :frown:

Gap year applicant aswel! :frown:
AAAb At Alvl
8A's 7B's 1C GCSES
635 UKCAT
Original post by hopefulmedic:)
home, year 13! kind of come to terms with the fact that im gunna have to take a gap year! rejected from keele and lancaster, nothing yet from the leeds and nottingham! good luck!

same! :s-smilie: I'm just looking for possible placements atm :L good luck with Nottingham and Leeds!! :smile:
Reply 783
I'm overseas EU, and i am still waiting for a reply.
Even if it's a rejection i just want to know.
My friend who applied on the same day as me from the same center got an interview in January, so i'm wondering how they are going through these piles - in order or quality or surname or what..?
:frown:
Reply 784
Original post by Linda Sve
My friend who applied on the same day as me from the same center got an interview in January, so i'm wondering how they are going through these piles - in order or quality or surname or what..?

It won't be surname. Mine begins with H and I had my interview in December (not that I'm saying they're doing it by quality).

Just hang in there, there are still interviews to be given out :smile:
should the Internationals who haven't heard yet assume its a rejection? Or is there still a possibility?
Reply 786
Had my interview on Tuesday and got my offer for nottingham yesterday!
Original post by medic_imperial18
should the Internationals who haven't heard yet assume its a rejection? Or is there still a possibility?

I feel the exact same way!! :s-smilie:
Original post by lols2012

Whoever negged is well jel. Well done! :biggrin:

Same, I'm still wondering in what order they interview applicants, but since you're overseas I think you should probably give it some more time before you get all stressed out. What are you're friends stats like? (If s/he wouldn't mind you handing out that sort of info. that is) because I'd like to compare hers to mine to determine whether it is academics which governs the order in which applicants are invited to interview.

Thanks and good luck.
Original post by modini
It won't be surname. Mine begins with H and I had my interview in December (not that I'm saying they're doing it by quality).

Just hang in there, there are still interviews to be given out :smile:

Hey, what were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

same,had my interview last Tuesday though.
Congrats! :smile:

to everyone with an interview, remember being calm is pretty key..for my interview it was pretty much the sort of questions which they allude to on their admissions page. Oh and don't worry about the whole offer ratio thing- in a letter after my interview it said 800 people would be interviewed with about 400 offers..so that's a pretty reasonable number. :tongue: The tour is also good as the medical students who run are helpful..also if your interview is at the end of the day (mine was) make sure your hydrated as having a dry throat isn't helpful..(as i also found out :tongue: )

to those without interviews, don't worry! it's easy for me to say but worrying only makes the process worse..

good luck to all :smile:
Reply 792
Original post by jamil78613
Hey, what were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

I'm a graduate applying for the 5 year course, just FYI.

A levels: AAAa (Bio, Chem, Maths, Phys respectively)
Degree: Predicted 1st
UKCAT: 660
GCSEs aren't relevant for graduates, but if you must know I got 3 As and around 7 Bs.
Reply 793
Original post by jamil78613
Same, I'm still wondering in what order they interview applicants, but since you're overseas I think you should probably give it some more time before you get all stressed out. What are you're friends stats like? (If s/he wouldn't mind you handing out that sort of info. that is) because I'd like to compare hers to mine to determine whether it is academics which governs the order in which applicants are invited to interview.

Thanks and good luck.

7A*3As GCSE
AAAA As level (all sciences and maths)
and about 630 ukcat

:smile:
Reply 794

My twin sister got her interview in January too, and I have yet to find out, so pretty much in the same situation.
Reply 795
got rejected earlier today.. Stats:

GCSEs: 2A*'s, 5A's, 3B's
UKCAT: 622.5
Predictions: 43 Points (IB)

My academics are nowhere near good enough so I was expecting a rejection! Still annoying though!

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!
Reply 796
just got rejected.. thats my 3rd rejection ...
gcse's : 7a* 5a's
AS: AAAA
A level predictions: A*A*A
640 UKCAT
gutted! LOVE YOU TOO NOTTINGHAM!!
Original post by haybo
640 UKCAT

Original post by YesDoc

My academics are nowhere near good enough so I was expecting a rejection! Still annoying though!

sorry to hear that both of you... I honestly hope you get interviews and offers from other places, but just keep your head high and ace these upcoming exams :smile:
Original post by haybo
640 UKCAT

Original post by YesDoc

Did they tell you why? :s-smilie:
Reply 799

Well done on getting an offer! Can I ask you what were you predicted and what are the subjects that you do? Plus your UKCAT score?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending