The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angelmail
Same here, so bummed :frown: you had any other offers?

At what time did you receive your rejection? I hope you are successful elsewhere :smile:
Same here, so bummed :frown: you had any other offers?

Nope. Rejected from Leicester and Nottingham. Had an interview with Sheffield last week but it went horribly wrong, and haven't heard anything from Leeds.

I do have a place to do Medical Biochemistry at Birmingham (my local uni) as a back up though, so I'm just preparing to go there instead.

Have you had any other offers?
Reply 862
Original post by medic_imperial18
At what time did you receive your rejection? I hope you are successful elsewhere :smile:

5.15 pm. thanks, just got Southampton left though! :s-smilie:
Reply 863
Original post by pcorbett94
Nope. Rejected from Leicester and Nottingham. Had an interview with Sheffield last week but it went horribly wrong, and haven't heard anything from Leeds.

I do have a place to do Medical Biochemistry at Birmingham (my local uni) as a back up though, so I'm just preparing to go there instead.

Have you had any other offers?

I was rejected from Leicester too, and rejected from Sheffield after interview. Still waiting to hear from Southampton. Hopefully we'll both hear soon! :smile: I don't have a backup cos I just want to do Medicine, so I'm just going to reapply next year if I don't get in.
Reply 864
Original post by -Simon-
No, gap yah?! :O I

GCSEs: 8A*s, 3As and a B (early entry)
AS Level: AAAB
A Level predictions: A*A*A*

UKCAT: 642.5 average

Nice grades! I got a lot lower and I got invited for interview somehow :eek: maybe it was the personal statement that let you down?
Original post by medic_imperial18
are you international as well? or home?

I'm home
I was rejected from Leicester too, and rejected from Sheffield after interview. Still waiting to hear from Southampton. Hopefully we'll both hear soon! :smile: I don't have a backup cos I just want to do Medicine, so I'm just going to reapply next year if I don't get in.

what gcse grades did you get? what a levels did you take? and what grades?? good luck!:smile:
Reply 867
Original post by Student_Health
what gcse grades did you get? what a levels did you take? and what grades?? good luck!:smile:

GCSEs: 5A*s, 6A's, 1C (early entry).
AS: Biology: A, Chemistry, Spanish and Geography: B
A Levels: Bio, Chem and Spanish, predicted A's. maybe my B's at AS let me down, or my UKCAT, which is 653 average. Wbu?
Reply 868
im getting impatient , had an interview start of December and still heard nothing :frown: does not look good.
Reply 869
Rejection :frown: Bad times
Just been rejected without interview. Sad times :frown:
tried ringing admissions to see whats going on for all of us who havent heard if we've got an interview or not - no reply :s-smilie: will keep trying though!
Original post by rsp
im getting impatient , had an interview start of December and still heard nothing :frown: does not look good.

i re-read the letter they initailly sent out to say they received the application the other day (tidying up!) and it said most offers after interview arent given until end of feb/ start of march! and good luck!! :smile:
Reply 873
ok will do, and just Southampton left, who don't interview. What about you?

Ahh, good luck with that, tell me how it goes. :smile:

Just got my interview at Leicester left…or it is gap year time. Hope I get in, I love Leicester.

Original post by Waqar.
Nice grades! I got a lot lower and I got invited for interview somehow :eek: maybe it was the personal statement that let you down?

I think that's likely. :frown: I really don't know what I could change though.

Congrats on your interview. :smile:
Reply 874
Original post by Emma_Rose_64
i re-read the letter they initailly sent out to say they received the application the other day (tidying up!) and it said most offers after interview arent given until end of feb/ start of march! and good luck!! :smile:

Okay thanks, interview went pretty bad though so not much hope anyways :smile:
Original post by rsp

What were your grades? Just wondering what my chances are of interview.
Thanks
Original post by rsp

at least youve had an interview! :P ive still heard nothing at all -_-
Reply 877
just saw my rejection, not as bummed as i thought i'd be, i'm really happy with my offer from southampton :biggrin: leaving this thread now x

good luck to y'all
Reply 878
Original post by savage903
What were your grades? Just wondering what my chances are of interview.
Thanks

GCSE's 8.5A* , 5A
As Levels Bio, Chem, History = A. Maths = B . Predited A levels all A's with A* in biology. Also take the welsh bac as well as the a levels
UKCAT - 690 Average

I would like to reapply next year, but I think one of the main reasons that I've been rejected is my GCSE grades were too average (2A* 6A 4B) and my UKCAT was also average (662.5 avg). So even if they did like my PS (which I slaved over for ages and personally thought I'd written well) my academics just weren't good enough. And there's not much I can do about my GCSEs now because I doubt I can resit many of them, and for most I'll have forgotten a lot of the material.

I might apply to GEMS if I do well in my degree and still wanna go into medicine, but I'm not entirely sure what's gonna happen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending