The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Don't lose hope! When I went to my interview, they said they're still giving out a few more interviews and that was around early February. Hopefully you'll hear back from them soon, good luck! :smile:
Original post by beckymilts
haven't heard anything from nottingham so just thinking now that its just gonna be a rejection. anyone else in the same boat?

yes me too! wish they'd let us know sooner if it, just harsh keeping us hanging! good luck :smile:
Reply 902
haven't heard anything from nottingham so just thinking now that its just gonna be a rejection. anyone else in the same boat?

I'm in the same position, I just want to know!!! Does anyone know when the last interviews are given out? Its all very stressful!!! :redface:
Rejection from Nottingham at 14:25 today!!! :frown:

Only Leeds left, I'm sensing a gap year...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mike2niner4
Rejection from Nottingham at 14:25 today!!! :frown:

Only Leeds left, I'm sensing a gap year...

Same here, i also only have Leeds left! What are your stats?
well that sucks :frown: rejected earlier today :frown:
Reply 906
rejected today aswell
Original post by savage903
Same here, i also only have Leeds left! What are your stats?

GCSE: 5A* 5A
AS: AAAA and B in General Studies
A2 Predictions: A*A*A
UKCAT: 615

You?
Reply 908
Rejection! oh well, just Leeds left, gap year here I come!!!
GCSE: 5A* 5A
AS: AAAA and B in General Studies
UKCAT: 615

You?

GCSE: 5A* 6A
AS:AAAA
UKCAT :617.5
Our applications are pretty much the same! Where else have you applied? I've applied to an access scheme at Leeds, hopefully that will give me a greater chance of interview. I have been rejected without interview from all my choices.* apart from Leeds
GCSE: 5A* 6A
AS:AAAA
UKCAT :617.5
Our applications are pretty much the same! Where else have you applied? I've applied to an access scheme at Leeds, hopefully that will give me a greater chance of interview. I have been rejected without interview from all my choices.* apart from Leeds

Wow they are really similar!!

Leeds, Bristol and Lancaster - all rejections apart from Leeds :frown:

Still waiting for feedback from Bristol and Nottingham but Lancaster said it was my PS which was the main thing that made my application a lot weaker...

How about you? Have you got an feedback back?
Wow they are really similar!!

Leeds, Bristol and Lancaster - all rejections apart from Leeds :frown:

Still waiting for feedback from Bristol and Nottingham but Lancaster said it was my PS which was the main thing that made my application a lot weaker...

How about you? Have you got an feedback back?

I applied to Bristol and Leicester. I havnt had feedback from either but i guess it might be my personal statement. Did they say your academics were good? Leeds is my first choice so i am really hoping for an interview otherwise it is gap year! Will you re-apply next year if you dont get in?
Got an interview at Nottingham on Thursday.
Just wondering, is it true that, should my interview fail, Nottingham provide me with alternative courses which I could be put down for?
I applied to Bristol and Leicester. I havnt had feedback from either but i guess it might be my personal statement. Did they say your academics were good? Leeds is my first choice so i am really hoping for an interview otherwise it is gap year! Will you re-apply next year if you dont get in?

They didn't say my academics were good but they haven't mentioned them so hopefully they can't be bad! I think I will reapply. I guess the plan would be to get more work experience/voluntary stuff to make sure it's the right thing for me, get a paid job to save up some money and try and live my life a little bit! How about you?
They didn't say my academics were good but they haven't mentioned them so hopefully they can't be bad! I think I will reapply. I guess the plan would be to get more work experience/voluntary stuff to make sure it's the right thing for me, get a paid job to save up some money and try and live my life a little bit! How about you?

Same thing really, i may try and get a job in a nursing home and save up some money. My first choice is Leeds what about you? Dreading having to possibly do the UKCAT again! Hopefully we both get into Leeds.
Same thing really, i may try and get a job in a nursing home and save up some money. My first choice is Leeds what about you? Dreading having to possibly do the UKCAT again! Hopefully we both get into Leeds.

I know, doing the UKCAT would be one of the worst things! I never really had a first choice, I guess Leeds is now though!
Reply 916
Original post by pcorbett94
Wow, well done. I don't think it went too well, I just turned into a nervous wreck and I completely lost the plot half way through most of my answers.

Good luck for your interview, which one is your first choice?

I'm sure it wasn't that bad, i thought my nottingham one was awful!! good luck for finding out!

thank you! :smile: and i think probably nottingham as i haven't actually seen sheffield yet but if its nice on the tour then maybe there, or leicester, as you can tell I am so decisive!

I feel exactly the same! x
Don't worry guys, I'm sure there's still hope! :smile: Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 919
rejected yesterday if you wanna know grades i got 5A* 5A at gcse and 683 UKCAT

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending