The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1140
Original post by Watermelon:)
I went for Jubilee campus and catered and got Newark hall (my first choice :biggrin:). Also went for ensuite....even though the tiny bathroom eats into half of my room :colondollar: Haha, I chose Jubilee because it was pretty close to the med school :tongue: and there are loads of people in Newark so it should be pretty sociable :smile:
It's crazy that it feels like just yesterday I sent my UCAS form off!

Sweet! Feels great probably to have everything done :smile: Did you get an unconditional offer or conditional? Also what made you decide to go with Jubilee campus instead of a hall in the campus?
Original post by br2pi5
Sweet! Feels great probably to have everything done :smile: Did you get an unconditional offer or conditional? Also what made you decide to go with Jubilee campus instead of a hall in the campus?

It's a conditional offer, and I like that in Jubilee the halls are close together (Newark and Southwell) compared to in main campus where there are just blocks of buildings dotted about the place :tongue: ....plus it's really close to the med school and I didn't want to be randomly allocated a hall that's like 20mins away :eek:
Reply 1142
So guys what actually happens if you don't make your offer? Can you still call up and beg them to accept you anyway?
Reply 1143
WHATEVER YOU DO GO FOR A HALL IN CAMPUS.

So much rivalry between the halls and great banter. Campus is tiny, you can walk from one end to another in like 15 minutes so doesn't matter if you're in ancaster or cavendish (which are far from the med school) because its still not that far. Hugh Stewart and Cripps have the best location.

Jubilee is mainly international students as well
Reply 1144
I put Nottingham as my insurance offer, so does anyone know what's the deal with applying for accommodation? I won't know until mid August if ill be going to notts but that is long after accommodation deadline....does anybody know campus accommodation works for people like me?
my advice (as a current 1st year at notts doing medicine) is to go ON CAMPUS and in catered halls. not having to cook when you get home from a 9-5 lecture day is great! food's pretty standard but it's enough to feed you :smile: and you get a card which gives you £5.10 to spend for lunch every day, pretty much anywhere on campus (you can get anything from sandwich boxes to full blown chinese meals!) you dont get any of this with self-catered halls e.g. broadgate park, raleigh park etc. hope this helps everyone! :smile:
in addition, most of the halls on campus are same distance or closer than jubilee/raleigh.
Reply 1147
Original post by NottsMedics2012
in addition, most of the halls on campus are same distance or closer than jubilee/raleigh.

Yay! I chose catered hall and they gave me an offer for Sherwood Hall :cool: Do you know anyone in Sherwood? How is it? Do they like it? :smile:
Reply 1148
Hey guys, do you know what date that fees have to be payed by?
Reply 1149
does anyone know if you need to get a particular grade in general studies if you do it at A2? i know if you do 4 subjects you need AAA inc. bio and chem and the 4th subject must be a minimum of a B. but does anyone know if you get a C or lower in gen studies if you'll still be accepted provided you meet the rest of the requirements ie AAA?
They won't care what you get in General Studies :smile:
Reply 1151
Thanks for the quick reply, was sat here worried :tongue: just hope i get the rest of the grades now!!
Reply 1152
Well guys I nearly made my offer, just need to retake maths next Wednesday and then hopefully I'm all set!
Guys, what's this questionaire thing about at Nottingham ?
And what are they looking for in order for me to get an interview?
GCSEs, A level, predictions, PS,Reference ? Or is it a mixture?

This website
and this document will answer most of your questions :smile:

Original post by YellowAndBlack
Guys, what's this questionaire thing about at Nottingham ?
And what are they looking for in order for me to get an interview?
GCSEs, A level, predictions, PS,Reference ? Or is it a mixture?
Hi, I'm going to the open day tomorrow and want to look at some self catered accommodation :smile: which is the best for medical students?
Original post by Minerva McGonagall
Hi, I'm going to the open day tomorrow and want to look at some self catered accommodation :smile: which is the best for medical students?

Raleigh Park is self-catered accommodation right near the QMC, but a little bit further from the main campus.
Broadgate Park, the other self-catered accommodation where I stayed, is the other side of the campus to the QMC.

My friends who stayed in Raleigh really enjoyed it there, there's lots of medics that stay there. Broadgate Park was nice but there were less medics staying there and it's not as social as the other halls, since it holds a lot of international students who keep themselves to themselves!
Reply 1157
Guys, I already got my results and want to send them off, is this the address I need to send them to?

Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
University of Nottingham
Medical School
Queen's Medical Centre
Nottingham, NG7 2UH
Hi!
Does anybody know whether there is any deadline for sending back CRB and health questionnaires, because I was told it should be done as soon as possible. I was also told I should have got them last week by post, but I'm still waiting...
Reply 1159
Original post by cococreme
Hi!
Does anybody know whether there is any deadline for sending back CRB and health questionnaires, because I was told it should be done as soon as possible. I was also told I should have got them last week by post, but I'm still waiting...

I got my questionnaires last week (I live in the Netherlands, the letters from Nottingham take about a week to arrive) and send them off yesterday....do you live in the UK? If yes, I would call them up and say you haven´t received anything yet. There wasn´t anything about a specific deadline in the letter accompanying the questionnaires as far as I can remember.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending