The Student Room Group

Make-up ideas, colours, techniques

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Mega Nerd
That's really good :smile: how much did you manage to get it for? oh, and is this for all debenhams, do you know?

xo

I got the naked palette for £35 from debenhams and that included a free make over too.
I only know it from debenhams but the sister companies could be doing it too. Not too sure though.
I thought you girls might like this! :biggrin:

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 202
Original post by LannaBanana

WOW! how the hell did they do that? More importantly how can I recreate that?!
Original post by HumiT
WOW! how the hell did they do that? More importantly how can I recreate that?!

I have no idea but I think it's so pretty.. I think you'd have to use a really small eye-brush.

That's beautiful!
Original post by Lovin
I got the naked palette for £35 from debenhams and that included a free make over too.
I only know it from debenhams but the sister companies could be doing it too. Not too sure though.

Okay thank you :smile:

That looks amazing! :O
That is gorgeous! Shall try and recreate that and post a step by step at some point...
Wow - that rainbow eye make-up is fantastic.

I've recently bought Urban Decay's Book of Shadows IV and I'm really impressed. I love the speaker and 'how to' videos it comes with.
Haven't had much time to play with eyeshadows recently but seeing that rainbow eye has made me want to again!

Have been trying out stuff on my nails though, here's my thumb from a couple of things I tried:

Pandas:

Cats:

I have fireworks on my nails for bonfire night at the moment but haven't taken a picture of those yet.
I would assume the teeny tiny rainbows on the eyes were made by taping it up? :p:

I love the cute little animals on the nails though! Must take a really steady hand!
Original post by PaperChain
Haven't had much time to play with eyeshadows recently but seeing that rainbow eye has made me want to again!

Have been trying out stuff on my nails though, here's my thumb from a couple of things I tried:

Pandas:

Cats:

I have fireworks on my nails for bonfire night at the moment but haven't taken a picture of those yet.

Awww they're so cute! What did you do with the rest of your nails? Oh, and what did you use to do it! :smile:

xo

wet-on-wet technique? :smile: so vibrant though!! i would guess pigments ^_^
Awww they're so cute! What did you do with the rest of your nails? Oh, and what did you use to do it! :smile:

xo

I just did more of the same each time :smile:
For the pandas I cut a toothpick in half and used the blunt end for bigger circles and the sharp end for smaller ones. For the cats I'd bought 5 doubled ended dotting tools on amazon for a fiver so used those and a small paintbrush.
A toothpick work fine if you want to try it out but dotting tools are easier to use and you can get them really cheap.
love the pink, yellow and purple one. l m practicing it

Just found this on Benefit Cosmetics site, and I thought it was pretty useful!
Its petty awesome to get information about the techniques involved in proper makeup and sometimes its very good to do some changes with the combination.
Reply 216
Just bought this and it is amazing!

Love all the colours. Well worth the money. You get mascara and some sheets that you can scan with a smartphone which then play, Plug your phone into the speaker and it tells you what to do to create the looks on the sheet.

Comes with primer potion aswell for your eyeshadow. Can get it from debenhams and house of fraser :biggrin: :biggrin:
That's really good :smile: how much did you manage to get it for? oh, and is this for all debenhams, do you know?

xo

Just to say (I work at Debenhams in the cosmetics department so I know about promotions and stuff ) for the next 5 days, if you spend over 30 pounds on cosmetics you get a 5 pound bonus on your beauty club card and once that finishes there's going to be 10% off all cosmetics so you could get the naked palette either with a bonus or for £31.50 :smile:

Or if you know anyone who works in Debenhams get them to buy it for you with the 20% bonus !
anyone got recommendations for eyeliners and mascaras for cheap?

i got eye pencils but they're pretty ****e.. also i end up looking like the grudge so so techiques would be useful too :smile:..

Original post by Lovin
Just bought this and it is amazing!

Love all the colours. Well worth the money. You get mascara and some sheets that you can scan with a smartphone which then play, Plug your phone into the speaker and it tells you what to do to create the looks on the sheet.

Comes with primer potion aswell for your eyeshadow. Can get it from debenhams and house of fraser :biggrin: :biggrin:

thats awesome!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending