The Student Room Group

Make-up ideas, colours, techniques

Scroll to see replies

anyone heard of the make up brushes 'u spicy' ? they look quite good but havent heard of the brand. or any other good affordable brushes? nothing too professional (im nearly 16 so basically my first 'good' brushes) thanks :smile:
My first makeup brushes that I got were from eBay, yeah their alright but for 32 pieces for £15 wasn't bad but it was a start I have started to get the real techniques brushes which are amazing almost close to the high end one

Posted from TSR Mobile
would real techique be better than the u spicy then?
I've never heard of or used u spicy but in my defence I would recommend the real technique brushes as they were created by make-up artists as well as youtubers (https://www.youtube.com/user/realtechniques) This is their youtube channel which gives advice on what brushes are for what purpose and they have recently come out with a new brushes that have gold and rose gold handles :smile:
Original post by WetWolvesBlab
I've never heard of or used u spicy but in my defence I would recommend the real technique brushes as they were created by make-up artists as well as youtubers (https://www.youtube.com/user/realtechniques) This is their youtube channel which gives advice on what brushes are for what purpose and they have recently come out with a new brushes that have gold and rose gold handles :smile:

yeah neither have i, but they look alright! yeah i might go for the real technique, i was thinking core collection and then gradually building it up into a full set! thanks! do you find the real technique foundatation brush, (the one in core collection) good? it looks quite small!
I don't use their foundation brush I use their expert face brush which is where you buff it in which gives you medium coverage but I normally don't notice any difference since my foundation is normally gone by the end of the day :/. But I recommend the expert face brush it's really dense so it's prefect for buffing your foundation in, the women who created real techniques always say that brushes can be used for different things and not solely for one purpose

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WetWolvesBlab
I don't use their foundation brush I use their expert face brush which is where you buff it in which gives you medium coverage but I normally don't notice any difference since my foundation is normally gone by the end of the day :/. But I recommend the expert face brush it's really dense so it's prefect for buffing your foundation in, the women who created real techniques always say that brushes can be used for different things and not solely for one purpose

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i have heard of the expert face brush and do want one. thank you :smile:
Y'know, I bought a small set of brushes from Boots a few years ago, clean them every so often with isopropanol (rubbing alcohol) and they're good as gold. Can't remember whether they were any particular brand name, but nothing special. They're not as soft etc as MAC ones, but I think they do a great job and they've definitely lasted. Fine for ordinary makeup but I guess for contouring or something is the only time I'd bother paying more.
real techniques is da best. :wink:
Has anyone had any experience with the Ecotools brush in boots as i really like the look of their sets.?
I have all three naked eyeshadow pallets and I promise you it's worth it. The pigments are amazing, they stay put, they blend and look amazing. I rarely need any other eyeshadows because between the three of them, I have all the variations of looks I could need. Unless I want colours to pop if course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MissValour
I have all three naked eyeshadow pallets and I promise you it's worth it. The pigments are amazing, they stay put, they blend and look amazing. I rarely need any other eyeshadows because between the three of them, I have all the variations of looks I could need. Unless I want colours to pop if course

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only have 1 naked palette, and feel like I literally do not need any other eyeshadow. There's good variety, and it really is long lasting without the need for a bloody eye primer.
hey guys i want a liquid concealer that has good coverage but is a decent price, one that actually works maybe :biggrin:
Original post by Dizem.Tekin
hey guys i want a liquid concealer that has good coverage but is a decent price, one that actually works maybe :biggrin:

What do you call a good price I use one that's £33 but has excellent coverage :smile:
Original post by Mikayla:)
What do you call a good price I use one that's £33 but has excellent coverage :smile:

Max £15 please because I don't usually wear makeup it's only for some days I break out
Max £15 please because I don't usually wear makeup it's only for some days I break out

fair enough! Just realised I was totally wrong that's my foundation anyway haha! My concealer is only £17 but it's not liquid it's a pencil so not what hat your after think I need to get back in bed lol

I use bourjois healthy mix concealer for my dark circles and I love it! If it's really bad and I need extra coverage I use the MUA pro-base prime & conceal colour correcting palette underneath. Totally recommend both these concealers and they're not expensive:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by deelouise
I use bourjois healthy mix concealer for my dark circles and I love it! If it's really bad and I need extra coverage I use the MUA pro-base prime & conceal colour correcting palette underneath. Totally recommend both these concealers and they're not expensive:smile:

That's perfect thank you so much!!
Original post by social outcast
Has anyone had any experience with the Ecotools brush in boots as i really like the look of their sets.?

I use Ecotools brushes. I love them!!! They hold shape, are easy to use and don't irritate my skin, which is really important. I really recommend them they are easy to wash and look great too.
I got a pink blending sponge from MAC a while ago, it was really expensive (there was no price on it so I just assumed it would be the same price as my other sponge!) it works so well for blending in foundation!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending