The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by platty1907
Congratulations! :biggrin: Where do you live? UKCAT score? And what time did you get the email? Thanks :smile:

Thankyou :smile:
Cambridge. 7 hour drive, woo!
UKCAT = 665 average, got email at 3.06 exactly. I thought my email was pulling my leg when I saw it :lol:
Reply 301
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Thankyou :smile:
Cambridge. 7 hour drive, woo!
UKCAT = 665 average, got email at 3.06 exactly. I thought my email was pulling my leg when I saw it :lol:

what grades do you have? congratulationssss :biggrin:
Reply 302
Yeah, I've got an interview too. I'm in shock to be honest. I wasn't expecting to get any interviews this year (I only had 1 last year) and now I have 2.

Anybody know what to expect?
Original post by andioula
what grades do you have? congratulationssss :biggrin:

Thanks! :biggrin:
At GCSE, 7A*s and 3As. At AS, AAAB. Predicted A*A*A.
Original post by Braddd
Yeah, I've got an interview too. I'm in shock to be honest. I wasn't expecting to get any interviews this year (I only had 1 last year) and now I have 2.

Anybody know what to expect?

What was your UKCAT and when did you get the email? Is yours on the same day?
Reply 305
Original post by platty1907
What was your UKCAT and when did you get the email? Is yours on the same day?

I got 662.5 but my highers aren't great in comparison to others.

I got the email through at 15.29 and the interview is on the 15th.
Original post by Braddd
I got 662.5 but my highers aren't great in comparison to others.

I got the email through at 15.29 and the interview is on the 15th.

Ooh, what time? :smile: Mines at 3.40.
Reply 307
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Ooh, what time? :smile: Mines at 3.40.

I have mine at 2. I might see you about then.
Reply 308
Original post by zinab1
Do they really interview for Medicine as late as March? Did you have to send any additional documents?

there were interviews until early march. i was asked to send a school transcript with my grades (it was part of the requirements, but i couldn't put it ok ucas... very little people are asked for additional documents). they just do it randomly, i wouldn't worry. can i ask which country you are from?
Original post by zinab1
Do they really interview for Medicine as late as March? Did you have to send any additional documents?

Yeah they do. My interview was on the 2nd March last year. I was rejected 10/11 days later... Butttt it does decrease the worrying time down a little after the interview :tongue:

Good lcuk to anyone who has their interview tomorrow :biggrin: Although I doubt many of them will be on here now because they're all sensible whereas I am too easily distracted :tongue:
Original post by Quackers93

Good lcuk to anyone who has their interview tomorrow :biggrin: Although I doubt many of them will be on here now because they're all sensible whereas I am too easily distracted :tongue:

WRONG. :rolleyes: Good luck to you too! See you tomorrow. Are you staying the evening by any chance?
Original post by CraigKirk
WRONG. :rolleyes: Good luck to you too! See you tomorrow. Are you staying the evening by any chance?

Haha ok well most of them are probably sensible then :tongue:

I'm not sorry. I decided to stay at my grans in Glasgow tonight instead (because I love my gran... and it's free :colone:) then will drive over in the morning, interview and then home. I'm too poor to stay overnight haha and my dad couldn't get off work for the Thursday :/ Hopefully in another 10 months time though...

Just so you know, if I'm speaking to you tomorrow and I seem like I'm choking on my words (or attempt to speak and then no sound comes out) I'm not incapable of speaking normally, I just have a cold :tongue: I should've known it was a mistake to go into a nursery a few days before the interview :facepalm:

Why have I been negged? :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Haha ok well most of them are probably sensible then :tongue:

I'm not sorry. I decided to stay at my grans in Glasgow tonight instead (because I love my gran... and it's free :colone:) then will drive over in the morning, interview and then home. I'm too poor to stay overnight haha and my dad couldn't get off work for the Thursday :/ Hopefully in another 10 months time though...

Just so you know, if I'm speaking to you tomorrow and I seem like I'm choking on my words (or attempt to speak and then no sound comes out) I'm not incapable of speaking normally, I just have a cold :tongue: I should've known it was a mistake to go into a nursery a few days before the interview :facepalm:

just creeping through the good old st andys thread, and remembered your interview! good luck! (and everyone else who has an interview tomorrow of course :smile: )

ps you should have come and crashed with me - i only live 20 mins from st andrews! :colone:
Original post by atomos
just creeping through the good old st andys thread, and remembered your interview! good luck! (and everyone else who has an interview tomorrow of course :smile: )

ps you should have come and crashed with me - i only live 20 mins from st andrews! :colone:

Seriously? Damn :frown: My geography is terrible, just looked on google maps and I thought St.Andrews was futher north than you :tongue:

Seriously? Damn :frown: My geography is terrible, just looked on google maps and I thought St.Andrews was futher north than you :tongue:

haha nope, its just over the bridge, its south from me :tongue:
(dw my geography is also pretty terrible though)
Reply 315
Interview! :tongue: It's on the 15th like everyone else that recieved one today (I think) and at 3.40. Looking forward to it as I was interviewed last year and and went well (my ukcat screwed me over last time.) They're quite friendly so don't worry about it too much :tongue:

For anyone that's interested, my ukcat is 692.5 and grades are 5A's at higher (couldn't sit exams in 6th because of illness, so sitting some this year)
Reply 316
Original post by KCosmo
Interview! :tongue: It's on the 15th like everyone else that recieved one today (I think) and at 3.40. Looking forward to it as I was interviewed last year and and went well (my ukcat screwed me over last time.) They're quite friendly so don't worry about it too much :tongue:

For anyone that's interested, my ukcat is 692.5 and grades are 5A's at higher (couldn't sit exams in 6th because of illness, so sitting some this year)

did you get a letter or an email?
Reply 317
Original post by kingme
did you get a letter or an email?

An email. I'm not sure if St Andrew's send letters, I think I remember hearing someone say that they tend to send emails instead because it's better for the environment than using paper
Reply 318
Original post by KCosmo
An email. I'm not sure if St Andrew's send letters, I think I remember hearing someone say that they tend to send emails instead because it's better for the environment than using paper

sounds slightly pretentious :tongue:

and damn. that's aberdeen and st andrews not given me an interview.
Reply 319
Original post by kingme
sounds slightly pretentious :tongue:

and damn. that's aberdeen and st andrews not given me an interview.

Haha, I know :tongue:
I wouldn't worry about not having an interview from them yet, there's still loads of time :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending