The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Wow! Got a conditional offer (A990) through UCAS tracking, but don't know what the condition is.
Reply 1461
Original post by Nick526
I really thought I would hear today, rejection or acceptance :L

There's still time yet! :smile:

Original post by ukmed108
Wow! Got a conditional offer (A990) through UCAS tracking, but don't know what the condition is.

Excellent! Is it your first choice? Well done!
Reply 1462
Original post by cuppatea67
No...
Reckon we should call up and sing "Why are we waiting" down the phone :teehee:

I'm very very tempted. I just need this to be over.
Original post by KCosmo
There's still time yet! :smile:

Excellent! Is it your first choice? Well done!

Likely, but I also got an offer from SGUL today and NUIG in Ireland yesterday. Need to do some home work to make the decision.
Reply 1464
Original post by ukmed108
Likely, but I also got an offer from SGUL today and NUIG in Ireland yesterday. Need to do some home work to make the decision.

I'm obviously very biased, but I would really recommend St Andrew's :tongue: Aside from the course etc., it's a really cool atmosphere, with so many international students from all over the world. And of course there's lot's of students from North America, so you wouldn't feel out of place :smile: Although I'm sure it'll be great wherever you go :tongue:
Bleh got a rejection from St. Andrews yesterday! Oh well, at least I have Nottingham but still, I really wanted to go to St. Andrews baaah! :frown:
Original post by Wickersham
Bleh got a rejection from St. Andrews yesterday! Oh well, at least I have Nottingham but still, I really wanted to go to St. Andrews baaah! :frown:

:/ sorry to hear this. btw when did recieve the email from st.andrew?
Reply 1467
Original post by Wickersham

Sorry to hear about the rejection just think though, at least you don't have to worry about it any more and you can concentrate on Nottingham which is a really good uni :smile:
Can I ask, have any other current English students got offers? I'm sure there are more offers to come, I'm just wondering.
Heh thanks for the "condolences" but ya, I'm not too bummed out. :wink: At least I know I'm going somewhere! I don't care where I go, as long as it's medicine - could be some trench in Zimbabwe for all I care, as long as it's medicine, I'll be happy haha! :biggrin:

Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Reply 1470
Original post by Cottrill
Can I ask, have any other current English students got offers? I'm sure there are more offers to come, I'm just wondering.

I'm pretty sure I saw an English re-applicant get an unconditional but I don't know about English first time applicants?
Are you an English first timer like me?
Yeah, I'm an English First time applicant and I've had my offer (thank God) but a few people I know who applied have had rejections, even though I think they've got better applications than me, I'm just curious to see if anyone else has had offers.

I'm English but I'm a reapplicant so I guess I don't count :tongue: which route did you get? :smile: (I think I may have asked you already but I'm not sure)
Original post by Quackers93
I'm English but I'm a reapplicant so I guess I don't count :tongue: which route did you get? :smile: (I think I may have asked you already but I'm not sure)

I got the Manchester route, which is the one I wanted so I'm really pleased with that :smile: As much as I like Scotland, I'll probably want to work nearer to where I live at the moment, so Manchester is better for me (although if I end up joining the Army I won't get much say in that!) How about you?
I got the Manchester route, which is the one I wanted so I'm really pleased with that :smile: As much as I like Scotland, I'll probably want to work nearer to where I live at the moment, so Manchester is better for me (although if I end up joining the Army I won't get much say in that!) How about you?

That's good that you got the one you wanted :smile: I wanted the Scottish route and luckily I got placed on it so I'm pretty chuffed :biggrin:
Reply 1475
Well after having spent a glorious day in st Andrews today I want that place even more than before! Although I lived there for 2 years I had almost forgotten how idyllic the place is, was such a blast having a BBQ on the beach and an ice cream from janetta's!!! Hopefully hear this week some point - good luck to all waiting and congrats to those who have been successful so far
Reply 1476
Original post by gh70
Well after having spent a glorious day in st Andrews today I want that place even more than before! Although I lived there for 2 years I had almost forgotten how idyllic the place is, was such a blast having a BBQ on the beach and an ice cream from janetta's!!! Hopefully hear this week some point - good luck to all waiting and congrats to those who have been successful so far

I loved st andrews when I visited for the interview, the place is quite unique! Do you think we will hear tomorrow? The wait is unbearable :frown:
Original post by jasqur
I loved st andrews when I visited for the interview, the place is quite unique! Do you think we will hear tomorrow? The wait is unbearable :frown:

I feel the same. :biggrin: St. andrews is a great, and really wish we can hear back as soon as possible :P where else have u applied to?
Reply 1478
Original post by Blobefish
I feel the same. :biggrin: St. andrews is a great, and really wish we can hear back as soon as possible :P where else have u applied to?

Well I applied to kings, bristol and edinburgh and got rejected from all 3 so st andrews is my last chance to get into medicine this year
Original post by jasqur
Well I applied to kings, bristol and edinburgh and got rejected from all 3 so st andrews is my last chance to get into medicine this year

Are you a first time applicant? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending