The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1520
Rejected at 10:15, looks like I am Manchester bound if I get AAA this year (fingers crossed) so may see some of you successful Manchester route people in 3 years! :-P Good luck to all still waiting :smile:
Sorry to everyone that got rejected. I'd say don't give up if it is your dream.. I went the long way round, music degree then nursing degree and career and finally medicine at 32. It shows that it can be done, so what will be, will be! Oh and academically highers at school ABBCD, (the D was chemistry) I resat chemistry at night school and got a B, so academically I am not that strong!

And for the grads trying to choose St Andrews over another degree, I'm not going to lie and say that this is the place to be. The course is excellent, its a small year, but there are about 10 of us from 160, with 3 or 4 of us over 25 in my year. The staff talk to the majority and in one respect it can seem a bit childish, with a yellow card system in place for lateness to class, failure to do your work in groups and not wearing suitable clothes. And they forget that not everyone is 17-19, and have financial back up. Yes I'm here, and giving it my best shot, but I have financial responsibilities from my previous life, and different worries.

Its not that easy to put in words, and for all I say there are difficulties with being 33 and back at uni, living in halls, I wouldn't change it, cause after all I'm getting to follow my dream!! Anyway, back to studying for exams now..
Px
Reply 1522
Anyone still not heard?
Reply 1523
Original post by jasqur
Anyone still not heard?

I still haven't heard yet.
Reply 1524
Original post by jasqur
Anyone still not heard?

I haven't :s-smilie: i really really hope I do soon. I so want to go to St. Andrews :frown:
Reply 1525
Original post by bambars
I still haven't heard yet.

We will probably hear either tomorrow or thurs... (hopefully)
Reply 1526
Original post by Alice453
I haven't :s-smilie: i really really hope I do soon. I so want to go to St. Andrews :frown:

Same :frown:
Sorry to everyone who got rejected today, don't give up though, even if you've not got any offers this year there's still next year or other routes into medicine.
Reply 1528
Original post by jasqur
We will probably hear either tomorrow or thurs... (hopefully)

I don't mind when I hear tbh. As long as it's good news! lol
Reply 1529
Original post by bambars
I don't mind when I hear tbh. As long as it's good news! lol

I guess so but all this waiting is killing me :frown:
Reply 1530
UNCONDITIONAL! Happiest day in my life so far! Good luck everyone who is waiting.
OFFERR!!!!!!
:party: :party: :party:
English first time app btw, conditions AAA, and I'm on the manchester route now :biggrin:

Pretty much definately my first choice :biggrin:
St andrews don't want me:frown: thankfully I have two other offers:tongue:
Original post by Anterior view
St andrews don't want me:frown: thankfully I have two other offers:tongue:

Sorry to hear that, at least you'll be going to uni this year though.
Original post by medicinemm
OFFERR!!!!!!
:party: :party: :party:
English first time app btw, conditions AAA, and I'm on the manchester route now :biggrin:

Pretty much definately my first choice :biggrin:

Well done :smile:! Have you got any others to hear from or any other offers?
Original post by Cottrill
Well done :smile:! Have you got any others to hear from or any other offers?

I had an offer from Aberdeen on Monday, and I've still go Leicester to hear from... but the mmi went really badly so I haven't been holding out much hope for that one. I got rejected from Newcastle I while ago, but tbh at the moment I couldn't care less, St A has been my fave for a long time :colondollar::colondollar:

How about you? Congratz on the St A offer by the way :biggrin:
Reply 1535
Rejected earlier today oh well got to decide between Glasgow and Dundee now both have their strengths
Reply 1536
Just got rejected :frown: So I guess that means i'll have to wait till next year....I feel so deflated

Congrats to everyone with offers and good luck next year!!!!!!
Original post by medicinemm
I had an offer from Aberdeen on Monday, and I've still go Leicester to hear from... but the mmi went really badly so I haven't been holding out much hope for that one. I got rejected from Newcastle I while ago, but tbh at the moment I couldn't care less, St A has been my fave for a long time :colondollar::colondollar:

How about you? Congratz on the St A offer by the way :biggrin:

Thanks :smile: St A was my only offer, I got rejected from Oxford last December, Cardiff at the start of March and Newcastle on the 19th then I got my offer from St A on the 20th, a so I firmed it immediately, it was my first choice anyway so I was extra happy. Well done on your Aberdeen offer though although I'd guess it's AAA as well, which doesn't help with an insurance choice. You don't need Leicester now anyway as you've got St A anyway so it doesn't really matter, although I'd want it if I were you just to say you got one.
Original post by jasqur
Just got rejected :frown: So I guess that means i'll have to wait till next year....I feel so deflated

Congrats to everyone with offers and good luck next year!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that :frown: It's not the end of the world though, you'll be a stronger applicant next year and have loads of experiences from your gap year.
Hi guys,

First time posting on TSR, I got an unconditional offer from St Andrew's on the 21st of this month. This was my second time applying after a gap year from education and all I can say is that it really payed off.

To all those first time applicants that never got in this year . . . '' If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. ''

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending