The Student Room Group

so i'm meeting this guy i like off the internet...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
rape alarm

I think you should get your money back. You also come across as a tad bit…. Paranoid.
Reply 21
Original post by digitalfever
I think you should get your money back. You also come across as a tad bit…. Paranoid.

umm no, it cost me like 2 quid and free P&P, i think it's a keeper.
How long have you been speaking to this guy?
You said it's not been long and you're planning to meet him?
Theres something wrong there if hes asking you to meet in a secluded park , public place is the way to go if you are.
Original post by Mysteriouschic
How long have you been speaking to this guy?
You said it's not been long and you're planning to meet him?
Theres something wrong there if hes asking you to meet in a secluded park , public place is the way to go if you are.

I think its been less than a week
Reply 24
I really dont understand why you would even think about meeting up with him if you think he is going to strangle or rape you! dont get me wrong, i met my boyfriend online and we have been together for 6 months now and i love him to bits, but we met at a public place (a restaurant).
Ok, so you don't trust him... tell us again why you're meeting him???
I think you should possibly listen to the people on here (and it's not often I say that :P ). At least you said no to the secluded park but it's a bit odd that he suggested it in the first place. I'm sure you could wait a bit longer too if you don't trust him. 2 days really isn't long.
Reply 27
Two day's is way too short to meet up with someone you met online and in two days you wouldn't know much about him, he could be lying so much and you just wouldn't know. I think its best not to meet up with him especially if you have your doubts but if you really want to, like everyone's said go to a place where its actually crowded and a place you know well.
Reply 28
How the hell can no one tell this is a troll?????? LOL. Sorry but all of you got taken.
Reply 29
This is a troll, right? How could you be so stupid as to actually meet him if this happened?

First he said we should meet in a secluded park and that I shouldn't tell anyone but I'm not that silly!!
Reply 30
I just bought me a rape alarm (I hope it arrives by saturday... ebay sellers aren't always the most reliable :/)

We've only just started talking, I've spoken to him on the phone so I'm 94.3% sure he's not a 40 year old peodo. But i'm just a vulnerable girl (oh man I should have listened to my Dad and taken those taekwondo lessons :frown: ) and he's quite a 'built' guy. Anyway we're gonna meet near a hospital in case I try pull out a gun or incase he tries to strangle me (but perhaps a police station would be better?) First he said we should meet in a secluded park and that I shouldn't tell anyone but I'm not that silly!!

Any more advice (e.g self defence tips) would be really appreciated :smile:
P.s. I'm 19 and I like to think of myself as a very streetwise person u know.

Women are vastly physically weaker than men, and people tend to ignore rape alarms (oh, there's some students having some fun). As such, if he tries to rape you you have no chance of stopping him. Run away to a group of people.
So, he originally asks you to meet him in a secluded park. You, being concerned have bought a rape alarm. You both then agreed to meet up near a hospital since either of you could be lying and not be who you really say you are.

Lol. First off, imo, you shouldn't meet up with him at all. I mean come on, you met him online... all these online relationships and meet ups do my head in, I hate them. They shouldn't happen, it's weird. That's just my opinion though.

ANYWAY, if you're sticking to your guns and you are going to meet up with him, go to a very public place. Meet in like a cafe or something, that you know will be busy. If you don't drive, ask for someone to pick you up afterwards, cuz if you're getting the train or bus, he could follow you home.

But in my honest opinion you should jib it and not meet with him. Safety first and all that crap.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending