The Student Room Group

MSc Computer-Information Security

Hello,

This is my first post here, so I really appreciate any help I could get from you.

I have a degree in Computer Science in Greece and want to study further for a MSc in the security field.
I have offers from York,Manchester,RHUL,Bath (all with security associated courses) and I am so confused with the rankings, that I decided not to pay any attention to them.
I would like to get opinions about the job prospects of each university and which is considered to be strong in this field.I am not from UK and I know that without clearance it should be hard to find a job,but I am also considering doing research after the master.
Rhul's msc in information security is teached by the ISG group, which has a strong background ,research and connections with the industry, as i've found out.
I would appreciate any suggestions/advices.
Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Original post by zafi
Hello,

This is my first post here, so I really appreciate any help I could get from you.

I have a degree in Computer Science in Greece and want to study further for a MSc in the security field.
I have offers from York,Manchester,RHUL,Bath (all with security associated courses) and I am so confused with the rankings, that I decided not to pay any attention to them.
I would like to get opinions about the job prospects of each university and which is considered to be strong in this field.I am not from UK and I know that without clearance it should be hard to find a job,but I am also considering doing research after the master.
Rhul's msc in information security is teached by the ISG group, which has a strong background ,research and connections with the industry, as i've found out.
I would appreciate any suggestions/advices.
Thanks in advance

obligatory
http://xkcd.com/519/
Reply 2
Original post by capital S

haha that was pretty helpful:smile:
Reply 3
Hey Zafi !!,
I know the thread is almost dead ... but can't lose the hope .. As from the time stamp The thread is almost half an year old &
I expect that u r already rolling in MS In InfoSec.
Just wanted to repeat your question .. seeking the guidance .. hope u see this mail .. reply soon .. as I have the same confusion ... thnx

Quick Reply

Latest