The Student Room Group

Barts and The London Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

There's someone on the stalking page who got an interview for the 20th :/

Does this mean all the interview dates before that were given out already?
Original post by Greatest
Are Barts just giving out offers based on UCAS points ? So people with the highest UCAS points get interviewed first & so on & so forth ?

This sounds like a very strange system. A student with AAABb (Lets say B in GS = 510) has more points than a student that achieved A* A* A*a (480) ???
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2802
have they started interviewing undergraduates in jan/feb? or is it just graduates at the moment?
Original post by chocolate_pies
This sounds like a very strange system. A student with AAABb (Lets say B in GS = 510) has more points than a student that achieved A* A* A*a (480) ???

And a student predicted AAAa, music grade 6, epq, gen studies, has significantly more points than someone with achieved A*A*A*A*.
I think the issue is that an individual with lower grades is given an artificial boost in points by A levels (CT GS) not recognised by most unis ( including Barts).
Reply 2805
Original post by pdk
I'm a graduate, applied to 5 years A100 and have UKCAT 657.5. Do you know any graduate below that UKCAT who got invited to an interview?? x
PS Good luck to yours!

i don't know. Still plenty of interviews to be given out though I imagine so hopefully you get one. Just ranking with UKCAT is a bit harsh in my opinion...
Reply 2806
Original post by Tripo
yeah some grads got 670 and have been invited and some grads with high ukcat have yet to be invited. I got 670 and still nothing so there must be something else.

Hmm, in that case perhaps they also use personal statements in conjunction with the ukcat score? Either that, or it is just assessed in batches of grads. Very elusive!
Reply 2807
Hi, I'm new to this site so thought I'd make an account! Im really worried that I haven't heard anything back at all from any of my choices :frown: Barts seems amazing and I would love to go there! - I find it hard to focus on my A-level work with all this going on lol, its so distracting. I cant even think about exams or anything. :colondollar: Everyone seems to have heard something back at least, should I be worried? :redface: There was also some mixup with the acknowledgement email going to my junk box and I keep thinking that I've wrecked my chances due to that! (Crazy I know!)
Reply 2808
Original post by lamp50
Hi, I'm new to this site so thought I'd make an account! Im really worried that I haven't heard anything back at all from any of my choices :frown: Barts seems amazing and I would love to go there! - I find it hard to focus on my A-level work with all this going on lol, its so distracting. I cant even think about exams or anything. :colondollar: Everyone seems to have heard something back at least, should I be worried? :redface: There was also some mixup with the acknowledgement email going to my junk box and I keep thinking that I've wrecked my chances due to that! (Crazy I know!)

Don't worry at all, there's plenty of time left in the application cycle. Lots of interviews and offers are given out after January :smile: My acknowledgement email was also sent to my junk mail and I only realised in November! Yep, Barts looks fantastic the more I read about it! Good luck with your application and your exams - I hope you hear back from your choices soon! :smile:
Reply 2809
Has anyone received an offer from Barts yet?
Original post by Normandy114
I'm almost certain it does, I've had an interview with 510 points, and 60 of those were from General studies. :smile:

Yey, Thanks.
Original post by jay38
Has anyone received an offer from Barts yet?

Nope, all decisions are given out at the end of the cycle (for A100)
Reply 2812
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

Nope, all decisions are given out at the end of the cycle (for A100)

So around April-ish?
Original post by jay38
So around April-ish?

Nah, tends to be around March time when BLfinish with applications
Nah, tends to be around March time when BLfinish with applications

I thought all med schools and unis had to send the info to UCAS by 31 March... and then we have until end of April to accept etc and thats where those on the waiting lists etc get their offers.

Could be wrong though as this is my 1st time applying!!!

still waiting to hear from 3 unis, so grateful Barts interviewed me in Dec or I would have lost hope :frown::s-smilie:
Original post by Mish Bish
I thought all med schools and unis had to send the info to UCAS by 31 March... and then we have until end of April to accept etc and thats where those on the waiting lists etc get their offers.

Could be wrong though as this is my 1st time applying!!!

still waiting to hear from 3 unis, so grateful Barts interviewed me in Dec or I would have lost hope :frown::s-smilie:

Nope, keele was interviewing until mid April last year.

Assuming BL uses the same format as last year people will start getting offers at the start of March
Does anyone know why they're taking so long to send more interviews?
Reply 2817
Got an interview for the 2nd February!
Original post by Prasanth

Well done!!! :biggrin: for undergraduate?
Reply 2819

Yes same are you in group C!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending