Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Barts and The London Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: UCAS Tariff for Barts and The London applicants 2012.
    <410
    5.59%
    410 (AAAb)
    7.98%
    420 (AAAaor equiv)
    6.38%
    440 (AAAC or equiv)
    3.99%
    460 (AAAB / A*A*AAa or equiv)
    5.85%
    480 (AAAA / A*A*A*a or equiv)
    6.12%
    500 (A*AAA) or equiv
    7.71%
    520 (A*A*AA or equiv)
    9.84%
    540 (A*A*A*A or equiv)
    9.84%
    560 (A*A*A*A* or equiv) or higher.
    36.70%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingcoltzan)
    Why is it ridiculous?

It's a free world, I've worked to get here.... and I've never said I wouldn't firm/insure Barts.
    lol, chill guy, I'm just saying that barts will give the same offer as kings and by somebody pulling out means a person gets to benefit. For example if i get a GEP offer from warwick(unlikey as i messed it up) id pull out of my other places purely for financial reasons even though barts is my first choice, which would free up space for somebody else.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tripo)
    lol, chill guy, I'm just saying that barts will give the same offer as kings and by somebody pulling out means a person gets to benefit. For example if i get a GEP offer from warwick(unlikey as i messed it up) id pull out of my other places purely for financial reasons even though barts is my first choice, which would free up space for somebody else.
    But I do IB, so they might NOT give the same offer, which is why I am waiting.

It's a free world, people are allowed to go for what they want, and I want to keep my options open :cool:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Tripo. I've got offers from UCL and Imperial, so I'm going to withdraw my application to barts. Making a quicker decision will just help them give an offer to someone else, perhaps someone who hasn't heard from anywhere yet.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akash297)
    I agree with Tripo. I've got offers from UCL and Imperial, so I'm going to withdraw my application to barts. Making a quicker decision will just help them give an offer to someone else, perhaps someone who hasn't heard from anywhere yet.
    your an absolute legend, and well done on imperial/ucl(i did my undergrad at imperial so if you need any advice on accommodation/area/uni hit me up). Thankfully somebody understands my logic.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    You sir, are a don :cool:
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hate you :emo:

On a serious note though, well done
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oHellno)
    I hate you :emo:

On a serious note though, well done
    Thanks

How is your university application going?
    • 106 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why can't they tell us faster!It's putting me off Barts....
    Wahhhh

It's your loss if you don't come to BL, not ours
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

How is your university application going?
    Not too bad. Got an offer from King's, waiting on BL to get back to me after interview, rejection from Impy :grumble: and nothing from UCL.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oHellno)
    Not too bad. Got an offer from King's, waiting on BL to get back to me after interview, rejection from Impy :grumble: and nothing from UCL.
    Sounds good. Hope you get UCL!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looking back at old posts loads of people complain about using the Ucas Tariff system...

I don't personally see any problem with using this to select for interview and it couldn't be clearer for students applying...anyone who is thinking of applying only needed to phone admissions to find out theres a UKCAT hurdle of 600 and then we are all ranked on Tariff scores, I think its good to see a University be so clear about their requirements..... Barts have always been happy to help and so have the best admissions team for me....anyone who doesn't like using the tariff system should play to their own strengths and apply elsewhere instead of moaning.

Barts all the way ....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrewpeters)
    Have they finished giving out interviews?
    I believe so....i think the last of the interviews were given out by the 14th because the last interview date is late february and they give interviewees 2 weeks notice roughly.... anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep, all the interviews have been given out. :yep:

So scared now. :nothing:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview yesterday - was pretty intense and I was very nervous. Went on for around 30 minutes. Felt like quite the grilling. Don't hold much hope which is a shame as I loved the University.

Does anyone know what they point you on?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    But I do IB, so they might NOT give the same offer, which is why I am waiting.

It's a free world, people are allowed to go for what they want, and I want to keep my options open :cool:
    No they will give the same offer. Yes it is a free world, but when you go on a forum full of members who would do anything, I mean anything in the world to have a chance of studying medicine, who have been through a lot, and boast that you already have an offer for your first choice your going to get criticism.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am hoping decisions will be made at the end of Feb
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll be frank and honest - I think people who refuse to withdraw their other choice when they have an offer from their first choice without adequate reason (i.e. KNOWING one offers AAA and the other A*AB and you don't think you might get AAA) - are just being plain selfish. I believe some of them just want to be able to tell others in real life, or tell the applicants for the next year on TSR, that "Oh I got 4 offers for medicine so my advice is more important and I'm ****ing fantastic" so they can say "Wow Sherlock, you're amazing. I'll listen to you". Well there..that's my opinion - they're being selfish.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In the end it is their own choice I guess, however there may be people with Bart's as there very last chance to do medicine :/
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViceVersa)
    I'll be frank and honest - I think people who refuse to withdraw their other choice when they have an offer from their first choice without adequate reason (i.e. KNOWING one offers AAA and the other A*AB and you don't think you might get AAA) - are just being plain selfish. I believe some of them just want to be able to tell others in real life, or tell the applicants for the next year on TSR, that "Oh I got 4 offers for medicine so my advice is more important and I'm ****ing fantastic" so they can say "Wow Sherlock, you're amazing. I'll listen to you". Well there..that's my opinion - they're being selfish.
    What if people aren't sure?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViceVersa)
    I agree with you, but its up to them. I just dont like it when people boast about it, everyone from my school got offers last year and I got 4 straight rejections, felt so bad. Its harder when your a reapplicant and you see first timers getting straight offers, good for them, and we all like to go understandably mental when we get one, but sometimes applicants need to think of other applicants and try and empathise, although sometimes I doubt they know what that is.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 30, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.