The Student Room Group

Barts and The London Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
x

Hey, I was wondering if you could outline how candidate are selected for interview. I mean I've had an interview but my friend did not and he achieved the same academics. Do Barts consider personal statement, references.. etc.?
Reply 4021
Original post by andrewpeters
Hey, I was wondering if you could outline how candidate are selected for interview. I mean I've had an interview but my friend did not and he achieved the same academics. Do Barts consider personal statement, references.. etc.?

He is not an admissions officer so how would he know?
Reply 4022
i have my interview on the 28th! i will be so happy if i ask them on the day , when are they going to let us know about the outcome, and the answer to be tommorow! fingers crossed we will all know at the very beginning of march!
Well the first post offer open day is the 21st of March (which is during RAG week) so you should definitely know by then - not that you guys couldn't already guess that from last year's thread. Awesome time to come to campus as everyone will be going crazy with RAG! The second one is the 2nd of April just for your information (nothing exciting going on that day bar one of my good friends birthday :p:).
Reply 4024
Hey guys, been lurking on here for a little bit, so thought I would actually post something :tongue: Had interview on the 16th, met joe and medicine man :tongue:, I was the guy with the water, was great seeing you guys! Everyone there was ridiculously nice, so really hoping I get an offer! Definitely my first choice :smile:

I don't suppose anybody knows what day we will hear, I know probably the first week, but the wait is killing me, would like a day if possible :/ Good luck to anyone who still has interviews!
(edited 12 years ago)
We'll definitely know by the 21st of March? That's very scary. *shivers*

From website under selection criteria.

Candidates must meet the minimum academic requirements outlined in the section on entrance requirements and have taken the UKCAT.
Invitations to interview will be based on meeting our minimum academic criteria, the strength of your academic ability in your UCAS application based on achieved/predicted UCAS tariff scores compared to other applicants who apply in that same year.

Apparently no other criteria are used in deciding who is invited to interview.
Reply 4027
Original post by pan_93

oh i see...my bad

But...I have yet to see anyone with an interview with less than 510 so it could well be the cut off point

my friend had one with 470
Reply 4028
Could someone please work out my UCAS tariff points? For some reason I'm confused. I achieved AAABD last year. I am predicted AAA. I have an IT qualification worth 10 UCAS points.I managed to obtain an interview earlier this month.

450?
Original post by DoaaK
450?

So has anyone else had an interview with 450 or less?

Please just ""CHILL"" and stop asking the same questions over and over. If I were a doctor I would be advising you to READ the admissions criteria on the Barts website and PHONE them if you're unsure.

Hope this is clear enough for you.
Original post by EverHopeful -
Please just ""CHILL"" and stop asking the same questions over and over. If I were a doctor I would be advising you to READ the admissions criteria on the Barts website and PHONE them if you're unsure.

Hope this is clear enough for you.

Don't you think I've done that? It has not answered my question hence why I'm asking it here.
Don't you think I've done that? It has not answered my question hence why I'm asking it here.

Try to just let things take their course now. There's nothing you, i, or anyone else here can do. If you cannot get any answers from Barts then how do you expect any of us to answer any questions to your satisfaction.

I don't mean to sound harsh but we are all going through the same stresses, and need answers to help us through this but the only thing we can do at this late stage is try to wait patiently and stay SANE.:eek3:

Could I ask what admissions' response was? It does look like there are a lot questions about the selection criteria on this thread and lack of clarity about the process will cause a lot of headache for those who may need to appeal.
Reply 4034
dying to hear from barts :'( but scared at the same time to know the verdict :/
Original post by Cleoleo

:five:

:frown:
Original post by Cleoleo

:rip:
Reply 4037

sorry I really don't know :frown: do you have any other interviews?
Everyday I come onto this thread just to see if anyone has heard, despite the fact I KNOW we will only hear back after the 28th :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by DoaaK
sorry I really don't know :frown: do you have any other interviews?

Yup 2 others.

Quick Reply

Latest