The Student Room Group

Barts and The London Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ViceVersa

How so? :curious:

Well the point I'm making is that at interviews and open days, they only show you the Whitechapel campus. Bear in mind that over half of your degree will be spent very far away from there (i.e. you will be on hospital placements)

A lot of the East End is extremely shabby, very shady and rough. You can forget about owning a car as well, you will be having to take public transport everywhere. Commuting to Newham from Dawson was a real pain in the ass actually, I spent hours doing that every day for 6 weeks and it quickly got old.

Frankly, I'm mighty glad to be leaving the East End. I have no intention of stepping anywhere east of Aldgate if I can help it after I graduate.
Original post by digitalis
Well the point I'm making is that at interviews and open days, they only show you the Whitechapel campus. Bear in mind that over half of your degree will be spent very far away from there (i.e. you will be on hospital placements)

A lot of the East End is extremely shabby, very shady and rough. You can forget about owning a car as well, you will be having to take public transport everywhere. Commuting to Newham from Dawson was a real pain in the ass actually, I spent hours doing that every day for 6 weeks and it quickly got old.

Frankly, I'm mighty glad to be leaving the East End. I have no intention of stepping anywhere east of Aldgate if I can help it after I graduate.

Oh right okay, thanks for sharing that into, and yep fair enough :yep:
Reply 4102
8th of March is early 2nd week of March :yes: I think those are good predictions :yep: and ergh Results Day, the day I book in for 1 or 2 resits! :shiftyrun:

Thanks :biggrin: And people keep asking me that all week, but I do doubt my ability to get a BL offer so I haven't really pondered on it too much. If you're talking in terms of IF I do, well I've always thought I'd known the answer to that but I'm not sure. Still not pondering on it though until I know though, as that'll be a waste of time :no: Congrats on the Offer too btw :h:

I think you will :hugs:

How so? :curious:

:rofl: Good joke :mmm: I won't :sad:

Mate, might make you do a runner and get on the first train to anywhere out of there.

Live in the east end already :p: No problems for me :laugh:
Original post by Revent
:rofl: Good joke :mmm: I won't :sad:

I think you will, now hush. :shh:

Live in the east end already :p: No problems for me :laugh:

:giggle:
Does the endless "I won't get in"..."yes you will, I won't"..."yes you will, but I won't" etc really make you guys feel better? :erm:

We're all worried but I think you're actually making it worse for yourselves. Go out, keep yourselves busy and stop thinking about it. Alcohol and good friends are very helpful in this regard :wink2:
Original post by Democracy
Does the endless "I won't get in"..."yes you will, I won't"..."yes you will, but I won't" etc really make you guys feel better? :erm:

We're all worried but I think you're actually making it worse for yourselves. Go out, keep yourselves busy and stop thinking about it. Alcohol and good friends are very helpful in this regard :wink2:

Somehow got unsubscribed from this thread :erm:

Really want to hear back next week from BL (or Manchester). I've got an interview at Durham on the 6th March which I really don't fancy going to. A 7 hour drive each way, 40 minute interview and last choice, really don't want to have to do that trip if there's a chance I've got an offer elsewhere.
Reply 4107
Original post by Normandy114
Somehow got unsubscribed from this thread :erm:

Really want to hear back next week from BL (or Manchester). I've got an interview at Durham on the 6th March which I really don't fancy going to. A 7 hour drive each way, 40 minute interview and last choice, really don't want to have to do that trip if there's a chance I've got an offer elsewhere.

you think you need to hear back quick, i've got to pay a non-refundable deposit to imperial for an MSc(if i don't get a medicine offer) by 4 march so I'm practically crossing my whole body that this is the week we get offers through, the MSc as a back up is not bad though.
Eeeeeek interview here on tuesday, my third and final one.

wish me luck y'all :smile:
and any last minute tips?
Reply 4109
Original post by Democracy

Just a self evaluation of how much of a failure I am :p:

I think you will, now hush. :shh:

:laugh: Doubt it :p:
Original post by atayi1234
Eeeeeek interview here on tuesday, my third and final one.

wish me luck y'all :smile:
and any last minute tips?

Ooh me too! Good luck with yours :smile:
Reply 4111
Original post by Gosh.im.fit
Ooh me too! Good luck with yours :smile:

mee too! good luck guys!i really want to get done with it as soon as possible! what time is your interview?
mine 9 am!
Original post by andioula
mee too! good luck guys!i really want to get done with it as soon as possible! what time is your interview?
mine 9 am!

mines at 3:25, possibly the last interview of the whole cycle haha!
it was rescheduled though, all the best to both of you :biggrin:
Reply 4113
Original post by atayi1234
mines at 3:25, possibly the last interview of the whole cycle haha!
it was rescheduled though, all the best to both of you :biggrin:

well mine is the first of the last day! so i will hope it will go well!

Why do you say you can forget using a car? I've been living in east London for over 10 years and can't think of a single time where you can't use a car for commuting.
Original post by Notsocleverstudent
Why do you say you can forget using a car? I've been living in east London for over 10 years and can't think of a single time where you can't use a car for commuting.

Let's see:

1.) Cost of running a car, on a student's budget = luxurious

2.) Congestion charge.

3.) The main one-lack of parking. There is none around Barts, none around Whitechapel, none on campus for accommodation, the majority of hospitals do not allow students to park on site.
Let's see:

1.) Cost of running a car, on a student's budget = luxurious

2.) Congestion charge.

3.) The main one-lack of parking. There is none around Barts, none around Whitechapel, none on campus for accommodation, the majority of hospitals do not allow students to park on site.

Electric car?
Original post by itsabreeze
Electric car?

Where you gonna park it? When I mean no parking, I mean no parking. Banned.
Where you gonna park it? When I mean no parking, I mean no parking. Banned.

Tower Hamlets residents parking permit is free for electric cars.
Original post by itsabreeze
Tower Hamlets residents parking permit is free for electric cars.

Are you trolling?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending