The Student Room Group

Barts and The London Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Prince_of_Arabia
How can I get negged for merely asking a question? Certain people on this thread are simply illogical.

You probably got negged because people on these forums start hating on those who outperform them (i.e. get into 4 medical schools).

I would take it with a pinch of salt and say to them that they can't get into the Barts which is probably your 4th choice lol.
Original post by mehh.
ahhh huppé med applicants arguing and getting all heated up, on internet forums . like sirs

I'm a second year danke.

Original post by Constricule
You probably got negged because people on these forums start hating on those who outperform them (i.e. get into 4 medical schools).

I would take it with a pinch of salt and say to them that they can't get into the Barts which is probably your 4th choice lol.

While I agree with your initial point, I turned down three others offers to come to BL. Not entirely sure what you're getting at with your last sentence.
Original post by MSheekey
Just booked places for open day on 2nd april 13.30-17.00, who may I be bumping into?

mee :smile: but 1 Q...is personal ID and UCAS number the same thing? :smile:
Reply 5723
Original post by Constricule

You get offers from four medical schools and I get from one medical school that I like. At the end of the day we're both doctors so how have you outperformed me?
Original post by BondCovalentBond
mee :smile: but 1 Q...is personal ID and UCAS number the same thing? :smile:

Yeah, the one you sign into track with :smile:
Anyone gonna bring one of their parent in on open day?
Original post by MuffinMonster

me mam's coming to mine, but then my dad went to previous open days with me, and so for once she wants to have a look around too :smile:
Reply 5727
me mam's coming to mine, but then my dad went to previous open days with me, and so for once she wants to have a look around too :smile:

erm guys make sure your allowed to bring your parents, on my open day invite it says that your not allowed to bring a guest.
Reply 5728

I was gonna bring a parent but then realised that I will be meeting people I will be studying with for 5 years and didn't really fancy having the option of parents being embarrassing etc...

That's just my opinion though :smile:
Original post by Tripo
erm guys make sure your allowed to bring your parents, on my open day invite it says that your not allowed to bring a guest.

On my form it says I can bring one extra guest

Original post by YesDoc
I was gonna bring a parent but then realised that I will be meeting people I will be studying with for 5 years and didn't really fancy having the option of parents being embarrassing etc...

That's just my opinion though :smile:

Yeah my dad wants to have a look around but he's a quirky kinda guy and I thought if everyone brings a parent I might as well :smile:
Original post by brionyak
You get offers from four medical schools and I get from one medical school that I like. At the end of the day we're both doctors so how have you outperformed me?

I'm sorry, you cannot possibly have an argument that 1 offer is better than 4. If he has 4 offers, that means he has the one he "likes" and 3 others to pick for insurance. Yes, getting an offer is an amazing achievement in itself, but do not belittle other peoples achievements, when 4 offers is plainly better than 1.
Reply 5732
Original post by kingcoltzan
I'm sorry, you cannot possibly have an argument that 1 offer is better than 4. If he has 4 offers, that means he has the one he "likes" and 3 others to pick for insurance. Yes, getting an offer is an amazing achievement in itself, but do not belittle other peoples achievements, when 4 offers is plainly better than 1.

who is arguing that 1 offer is better than 4? Where have I said that in my comment? If there is anyone belittling it's the OP. How can you say people negging you for something you have done has to be because you have more offers? Arrogant much?
You have completely missed my point which is 1 offer, 3 2 or 4 at the end of the day you are a doctor.
I don't know what you're on about mate.
What's going on with all these arguments lately? Everyone needs to stop.
Original post by brionyak
who is arguing that 1 offer is better than 4? Where have I said that in my comment? If there is anyone belittling it's the OP. How can you say people negging you for something you have done has to be because you have more offers? Arrogant much?
You have completely missed my point which is 1 offer, 3 2 or 4 at the end of the day you are a doctor.
I don't know what you're on about mate.

To me at least, outperformed = more offers.
Jesus Christ, who gives a flying **** how many offers you have? This isn't school guys. If you start chatting about how many offers you've got/A level results here you'll quickly realise nobody gives a ****.

There's always going to be somebody above you when you come to university and the quicker you realise you're a big fish in a small pond at the moment and will soon be a small fish in an ocean the better.

Wrt the open day when I went last year there weren't that many parents. Most parents looked around when it was interview day/tours. I took my girlfriend but mostly it was just students/mates iirc. There were some parents there but it certainly wasn't the majority.
people arguing about one med school offer versus four should in my opinion be more respectful of people who desperately wanted but did not receive any offers this cycle, be thankful you have a shot at what i hope are your dreams and don't make people reading this who may be less fortunate feel worthless. Also how long after interviews do people get rejection/offers =$?
Reply 5737
Original post by East Stah
people arguing about one med school offer versus four should in my opinion be more respectful of people who desperately wanted but did not receive any offers this cycle, be thankful you have a shot at what i hope are your dreams and don't make people reading this who may be less fortunate feel worthless. Also how long after interviews do people get rejection/offers =$?

Most people from Barts heard back last week?
Interviews ranged from Dec-Feb, so if you were interviewed at the start of Dec, you had to wait 3 1/2 months to hear if you have an offer or rejection. =/
What's going on with all these arguments lately? Everyone needs to stop.

Because people now have offers and their true colours comes through.
Original post by Future Doc
Because people now have offers and their true colours comes through.

Lol I hope not everyone is like that...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending