Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Barts and The London Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: UCAS Tariff for Barts and The London applicants 2012.
    <410
    5.59%
    410 (AAAb)
    7.98%
    420 (AAAaor equiv)
    6.38%
    440 (AAAC or equiv)
    3.99%
    460 (AAAB / A*A*AAa or equiv)
    5.85%
    480 (AAAA / A*A*A*a or equiv)
    6.12%
    500 (A*AAA) or equiv
    7.71%
    520 (A*A*AA or equiv)
    9.84%
    540 (A*A*A*A or equiv)
    9.84%
    560 (A*A*A*A* or equiv) or higher.
    36.70%

• 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tripo)
    tbh a lot of people knew that it was 9 grande but most seemed to think that because they haven't taken out loans for their first degree meant that they were entitled to loans this time but this turned out to be not the case. The words the women used were"it looks very bleak", tbh even I'm started to have doubts, barts is incredible but the GEP finance is just lightyears ahead.

and to digitalis, i was surprised by the amount of hotties too.
    You got a GEP offer? Take it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuffinMonster)
    I swear the course starts in 2012, not 2013 unless you're finishing your degree first?
    Yeah my offer is conditional on my finishing my degree and getting a 2:1. So I'll see you at Barts, you'll just be the 2nd years torturing me during Tables.

(Original post by Tripo)
    tbh a lot of people knew that it was 9 grande but most seemed to think that because they haven't taken out loans for their first degree meant that they were entitled to loans this time but this turned out to be not the case. The words the women used were"it looks very bleak", tbh even I'm started to have doubts, barts is incredible but the GEP finance is just lightyears ahead.
    If I had a GEP offer, then I would take it. I love Barts but I've only got enough for the first year's tuition so I've gotta sort out year 2,3 and 4. I'll take the offer but I know it's going to be hard work to get the money.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future Doc)
    Yeah my offer is conditional on my finishing my degree and getting a 2:1. So I'll see you at Barts, you'll just be the 2nd years torturing me during Tables.

If I had a GEP offer, then I would take it. I love Barts but I've only got enough for the first year's tuition so I've gotta sort out year 2,3 and 4. I'll take the offer but I know it's going to be hard work to get the money.
    Would you take a part time job?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I. LOVE. JEEVES. That sexy confidence, the articulation, the passion................
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    Some hotties amongst your cohort today.
    I expected nothing less
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuffinMonster)
    Would you take a part time job?
    Its difficult because I need money but I know my job at Spoons is affecting my current degree and medicine is going to be so much more intense. I need a job that requires less input for more output. I might focus on my shares more or something.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren975)
    I. LOVE. JEEVES. That sexy confidence, the articulation, the passion................
    Much like (almost) every woman in that room
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Helloo guys! May I ask if there is a facebook group for 2012 successful med applicants to join? Cheerios.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren975)
    Well spotted! Naturally, all ex-Presidents of the Barts and the London Student Association are just like him
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This thread has slowed down considerably since offers/rejections have finished i guess thats what should be expected....
    Anyone who's firming know what accommodation they are going for yet???
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyeverest)
    This thread has slowed down considerably since offers/rejections have finished i guess thats what should be expected....
    Anyone who's firming know what accommodation they are going for yet???
    Hi - going to the post offer day on 2 April and hoping that may help me decide! Dawson and Mile End look most favourable at the moment... what have you been thinking about?
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mish Bish)
    Hi - going to the post offer day on 2 April and hoping that may help me decide! Dawson and Mile End look most favourable at the moment... what have you been thinking about?
    Dawson, this isn't really a contest.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mish Bish)
    Yeh I've just been to the post offer open day 2 days ago .... i was hoping they would go into depth on accommodation, but they didn't! it was the one thing they didn't really talk in detail about! i was hoping we would get a tour around one of the accommodation buildings but we didn't.

I don't know which i prefer...Mile end looks the best BUT apparently not many Medicine students live there as most live in Dawson or Floyer! and i don't know how i feel about that so id probably choose Dawsonm or Floyer!

Dawson looks Nicer and in a nicer area however is at least a 25-30min walk from lectures in the first year...whilst being at floyer means i could go to lectures in pyjamas haha

Seems everywhere has its good points but everywhere also has its bad points!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I've just been to the post offer open day 2 days ago .... i was hoping they would go into depth on accommodation, but they didn't! it was the one thing they didn't really talk in detail about! i was hoping we would get a tour around one of the accommodation buildings but we didn't.

I don't know which i prefer...Mile end looks the best BUT apparently not many Medicine students live there as most live in Dawson or Floyer! and i don't know how i feel about that so id probably choose Dawsonm or Floyer!

Dawson looks Nicer and in a nicer area however is at least a 25-30min walk from lectures in the first year...whilst being at floyer means i could go to lectures in pyjamas haha

Well I really wanted to go to the open day (2nd April) to here more about accommodation, I guess it would be best to talk to current students, but its likely that they'll be kinda biased... :P
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wrote a huge review of the accomodations I think last year. I'll see if I can dig it out.

In summary, pick Dawson.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats what I am thinking.....

lol... I know what you mean, being able to crawl out of bed straight to lectures has its plus points, but nicer venue might just win!
    :excited:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

(Original post by RollerBall)
    I wrote a huge review of the accomodations I think last year. I'll see if I can dig it out.

In summary, pick Dawson.
    I heard Dawson is far from lectures at the open day, about a 40 min walk. What time does lectures start for first years?
    He told me that Pooley house is the best albeit expensive, but I'm wondering if there are any medics at Pooley house or is it mainly QM students, don't want to miss out on the whole Barts student experience.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    I heard Dawson is far from lectures at the open day, about a 40 min walk. What time does lectures start for first years?
    He told me that Pooley house is the best albeit expensive, but I'm wondering if there are any medics at Pooley house or is it mainly QM students, don't want to miss out on the whole Barts student experience.
    10 minute tube ride from Barbican to whitechapel (2 minute walk either side). Lectures are generally 9am starts.

Was he a QM or BL guy?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    10 minute tube ride from Barbican to whitechapel (2 minute walk either side). Lectures are generally 9am starts.

Was he a QM or BL guy?
    I think he was at barts, and does everyone at dawson just take the tube, plus how much does it cost. Thanks for the help
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    I think he was at barts, and does everyone at dawson just take the tube, plus how much does it cost. Thanks for the help
    Yeah everyone tubes and the tube&bus pass is £20 more than the bus only one a month iirc.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 29, 2012
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.