The Student Room Group

Barts and The London Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5940
Original post by Mish Bish
Hey can anyone give me the facebook page for med students starting in September?
Tried to look for it on the pages but couldnt find it :frown:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/322009871181946/
Hey! I didn't attend the Barts Post Offer Open Day, so I was just wondering whether I missed anything important! Was there anything particularly interesting. Thanks in advance! :smile:
Original post by Luck
Can anyone who is already studying medicine summarise the positives/negatives of studying at Barts in London? Thanks :smile:

Positives: It's Barts and The London!

Negatives: Hmmmm....Queen Mary?
Reply 5944
Hey has everyone received emails after firming, as I have only had an email for accommodation, whereas others have had emails about health assessment and a timetable from the fb group:confused:
Original post by Luck
Can anyone who is already studying medicine summarise the positives/negatives of studying at Barts in London? Thanks :smile:

Wtf is Barts in London? :s

Honestly, if you are going to ask a question in the thread for a particular uni, it is really worth researching the actual name a little further. :s-smilie:
Original post by digitalis
Wtf is Barts in London? :s

Honestly, if you are going to ask a question in the thread for a particular uni, it is really worth researching the actual name a little further. :s-smilie:

Love it:smile:
Um, Can anyone help me? I'll be applying to Barts in October 2012 for Medicine.
My IGCSEs were just fine, and at the moment my predicted grades are AAAA, I wonder if my teachers would change 'em after looking at my result in Aug for June Exams?
Do I stand a chance for studying medicine at Barts? :frown:
PS: Im an international student! So, I wouldn't compete with the home EU students on their seats! :biggrin:
Original post by mollie.harris
Um, Can anyone help me? I'll be applying to Barts in October 2012 for Medicine.
My IGCSEs were just fine, and at the moment my predicted grades are AAAA, I wonder if my teachers would change 'em after looking at my result in Aug for June Exams?
Do I stand a chance for studying medicine at Barts? :frown:
PS: Im an international student! So, I wouldn't compete with the home EU students on their seats! :biggrin:

Yes, as long as you get those grades and appropriate work experience and UKCAT score etc. Not sure if they'll change the requirements though, better off just check the website or email them.
Does the admission policy, particularly the UCAS point cut-off, at Barts and The London encourage applicants to take more than the standard 3 subjects to A-level?
Original post by Steerforth
Does the admission policy, particularly the UCAS point cut-off, at Barts and The London encourage applicants to take more than the standard 3 subjects to A-level?

Barts and London Admissions
Our normal offer is for grades AAA in three A-levels and B in the AS-level (after no more than two years of study).
For candidates offering four A-levels our normal offer is AAAC (A grades required in Biology and Chemistry) if no AS-levels have been cashed in.

Not required but if you offer four, they will expect at minimum at C in that fourth A-Level.
Original post by tikkitak
I thought he said May in the email?
Although even if it is done by early June, thats when we'll be finishing for summer, so it won't be much use to us then!
Oh well, will just have to make up for our lack of union next year :smile:

Told you it would be June :P
Original post by Wilzman
Eh, it was never going to be open for the end of our exams.
We'll just have to make up for it next year, as long as the refurbishment hasn't destroyed it too much. :colone:

We're going to ruin it in freshers fortnight next year :colone:
Yeah, its a big shame about the union this year - considering this was the year I arguably had the most time to go out, it kinda sucks there was no union after November. That said, I walked past the refurb a few days ago and saw the new dancefloor lights and that got me well excited for the opening. Last year was kinda quiet after the first term or so because there weren't many big events in the union, and this year, we had no union for the majority of the year - I want the union back the way it was in first year! I suspect it'll be decent next year though as everything will be new and fresh and people will have been deprived for so long they just want to go all out.
Reply 5954
Original post by Future Doc
Told you it would be June :P

Haha, you did! Your optimism paid off!
Although we'll have to wait and see if it actually will open on June 11th!
Original post by Wilzman
Actually can't wait, hearing the older years talking about the union makes me so sad that it hasn't been open for us.
But yeah, next year is gonna be goooood. :yep:

Same.. I miss having loads of Barts people at events.. when you can get lost in a place and find someone you know randomly to chat to :redface:

It'll be a lot better with the union... my children should certainly enjoy mummies and daddies :colone:
You getting yourself some children?
Original post by Wilzman
Yeah, that's what I love about going out with Barts people, everyone is pretty friendly and awesome. :h:
You don't get that at QM and Drapers. :nope:

Yeah hopefully, completely forgot about mummies and daddies though tbh.
Going to try and find me a wife before the end of the year. :colone:

You already married?

Haven't been to drapers in a long time.. wonder if we'll end up going there for end of exam celebrations or if we go somewhere else :holmes:

You got anyone in mind? :colone:
Yeah, I'm currently married to Ms. Dinsey, so long as she doesn't leave me for another guy :ninja:
Original post by Wilzman
Well I think I'm gonna do a flat party at my place in Pooley around then for my birthday, not entirely sure when yet, but anybody's welcome (especially anybody from Barts :yep:).

Will there not be another Dawson thing like after the CR/Met/Loco ICA?

Actually, about 20 mins after your post, the first person I asked said yes to getting married, so I shall be having kids next year. :h:
Ah, cool. Nice catch. :wink:

I'll try to remember that then :colone:

Ermm I'm not sure... probably, hoping there'll be a fayre like last year.. but who knows :dontknow:

Who are you getting married to?
Cheers, we're going to ruin our fresher children on mummies and daddies :colone:
I need help. As med students we will all get NHS bursary right? If so am I still eligible to apply for DSA? This form says I can't apply (http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/EducationAndTraining/HigherEducation/DG_10034898) whereas Google brought me this http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/students/969.aspx and this http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/students/documents/students/DSA1.pdf so I'm really confused! Help would be appreciated.
Original post by Wilzman
Fair enough, whatever happens it'll just be nice to have exams over. :tongue:
Do you know Steph Matthews?

Very true.. time to start revision for the day... too much damn procrastination :sigh:

Aye, I do. Good work Wilzman :yy:
Original post by Wilzman
We only get an NHS Bursary for our final year. For all other undergrad years you'll need Student Finance and other sources of income, so I'd imagine getting DSA should be fine. Not entirely sure though. :dontknow:

:yep:

Original post by ViceVersa
I need help. As med students we will all get NHS bursary right? If so am I still eligible to apply for DSA? This form says I can't apply (http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/EducationAndTraining/HigherEducation/DG_10034898) whereas Google brought me this http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/students/969.aspx and this http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/students/documents/students/DSA1.pdf so I'm really confused! Help would be appreciated.

If you're in any doubt then you should drop them a quick e-mail to make sure :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending