The Student Room Group

Peninsula Medical School Applicants thread 2012 entry.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by platty1907
I was told this too :smile:

As was I
Reply 181
OOh just got an acknowledgement e-mail from PMS :biggrin: **** just got real!!!
Original post by pan_93

Woo! Hopefully they won't accidentally send out the email addresses of all the applicants like they did last year.... then send out a hurried, panicked email asking everyone to delete said email!
Reply 183
Original post by pan_93

Yayy :smile: When did you send yours off? I should be getting mine soon!
Reply 184
Original post by twelve
Yayy :smile: When did you send yours off? I should be getting mine soon!

I sent mine off on the 30th sept i think? I remember your name...re-applicant? Where u applying this year?
Reply 185
Original post by pan_93
I sent mine off on the 30th sept i think? I remember your name...re-applicant? Where u applying this year?

Yeahh I am a reapplicant too haha. I decided on Leicester, Newcastle, Peninsula and Sheffield :smile: What about you?
Reply 186
Original post by twelve
Yeahh I am a reapplicant too haha. I decided on Leicester, Newcastle, Peninsula and Sheffield :smile: What about you?

I've gone for UCL, Peninsula, Barts and Hull York....starting to get a little nervous now though :frown:
Do they favour applicants with achieved A levels? If yes, does anyone know by how much? Also, how important is the UKCAT for people with achieved A levels. I got 647.5!
Reply 188
Original post by amazin_sk8a_dude
Do they favour applicants with achieved A levels? If yes, does anyone know by how much? Also, how important is the UKCAT for people with achieved A levels. I got 647.5!

ooh re-applicant like me....how did you do in your a-levels....not sure about the ukcat. last years cut-off was 642.5
Original post by PeaceFreak
Woo! Hopefully they won't accidentally send out the email addresses of all the applicants like they did last year.... then send out a hurried, panicked email asking everyone to delete said email!

"Please rate some other members before rating this member again."

Who else was tempted to email all the applicants from a made up email address?
Reply 190
Original post by joemullally
"Please rate some other members before rating this member again."

Who else was tempted to email all the applicants from a made up email address?

ME!
I was tempted to send an email notifying them of the error but somebody beat me to it obviously :angel:

Ok, I lie.
Original post by pan_93
ooh re-applicant like me....how did you do in your a-levels....not sure about the ukcat. last years cut-off was 642.5

Not a re-applicant, first time applying. I got AAAc in A levels, so just enough to pass their minimum requirements. They just emailed saying:

Peninsula College of Medicine & Dentistry has received your UCAS application which will be processed shortly. Succesful applicants will be notified of an interview by the end of December 2011 at the latest.

I am sooo nervous. How about yourself?
Reply 193
UCAS was sent a couple of days ago :frown:. But judging by the posts here, it takes them a week to acknowledge you? :P
Reply 194
Guys this is urgent please!

UKCAT: 645 average, 2580 in total
GCSE: 5A*s, 5As
A levels: AAAa
In first year of biomedicine, and looking to apply here

Don't know whether I'll have a chance because of the UKCAT threshold :/ any ideas please?
Last years UKCAT threshold was 642. It should be around 650 this year but nothings confirmed.
Reply 196
How do they interview/what is their interview method?
Reply 197
Original post by Seb
How do they interview/what is their interview method?

Check their website
I applied to Peninsula last Friday! Really excited about the possibility of studying medicine somewhere!

I'm a re-sit candidate and I'm currently working in a care home whilst studying in my own time (fun gap year!)

I achieved A*AB in my A2's- In English, Chemistry and Biology and I have a B in AS history. However I'm predicted an A* in Chemistry and an A in biology after re-sits- to give me A*,A*,A, b and my UKCAT score is 655

Do you think I have a chance of an interview?

Thanks!
anyone have a link to the admissions policy for Peninsula pleeeeeeeeeease?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending