The Student Room Group

Peninsula Medical School Applicants thread 2012 entry.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Thank youu!
Got to bag one for the resitters :tongue:
Good luck with your Liverpool interview! Am I right in thinking you've got one as well for PCMD? (if so, good luck!)

Yeah you will be in medical school this September, we don't know which one yet but you will end up at the one that's right for you, that much I know :smile:
You have to be a doctor, you just have to!
I got my fingers crossed for you :crossedf:

I love how I don't even know what country I'm going to yet but I will within a month or so.
I mean I'm soo happy compared to this time last year, I've had two interviews and it's gone so much better.
Congrats to everyone who's got offers, and don't worry if you havn't. Brush it off, keep going. You'll get there.

Original post by eesha_25
Yeah after a terrible summer of thinking I was gonna have to go abroad to do med, I got an offer today, so really happy. But seeing other people going through a not so good time right now is not nice, I really do hope that offers do come through for you and those waiting. You guys really deserve it. :smile:

Congrats, The summer wasn't good for me either, kept myself busy enough though working 9-5.15 all the time.
Always helps to keep yourself busy :biggrin:
Original post by future.doc.94

Original post by future.doc.94
Congrats to all the others who have got offers :biggrin: Anyone know if we get some sort of offer pack/ post offer day? Can only see ones meant for people applying in 2013 on their site?

Also probably a really pre-emptive question, but do we need to start Hep B jabs? I know some Med schools expect you to start it 9 months before you start! Can't believe for once in my life I'm excited about a Vaccination :tongue:

I rang admissions on Friday and asked them what we needed to do in terms of filling in forms etc and they said that we don't really need to do anything till they send more info in May if you accept Peninsula.. I asked about the BCG vaccination and they said that could be sorted in the first week of uni but probs best to check about the other vaccines :smile:

Oh also we have to sign a student agreement form and send it to them but doesn't have to be done till later apparently :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Katielouise33
I rang admissions on Friday and asked them what we needed to do in terms of filling in forms etc and they said that we don't really need to do anything till they send more info in May if you accept Peninsula.. I asked about the BCG vaccination and they said that could be sorted in the first week of uni but probs best to check about the other vaccines :smile:

Oh also we have to sign a student agreement form and send it to them but doesn't have to be done till later apparently :smile:

Could this be as late as April? I was thinking it might be odd to ask for signed student agreement forms before the deadline in which we have to reply to offers on UCAS..

Could this be as late as April? I was thinking it might be odd to ask for signed student agreement forms before the deadline in which we have to reply to offers on UCAS..

I think so - it's probs best to check as well but the person I spoke to seemed to imply that until all your decisions have come through they don't expect you to have done anything..
Reply 1125
Original post by delll
Hi, I have got a letter today saying that I have been put on the waiting list. Does anyone know how many people are put on the waiting list and what are the chance of us getting an offer. And does anyone know how this waiting list system works, thanks

It's probably a list of applicants they wish to compare with the February interviewees, then depending on how well the February lot preform they would make decisions on waiting list people.
Original post by Katielouise33
I think so - it's probs best to check as well but the person I spoke to seemed to imply that until all your decisions have come through they don't expect you to have done anything..

Thanks for passing the info on, just wanted to know if we had to rush into signing forms before making a decision
I'll still ring them up just to check a few things on Monday :smile:
yayyyy, offer came through friday :biggrin:
Original post by delll
Hi, I have got a letter today saying that I have been put on the waiting list. Does anyone know how many people are put on the waiting list and what are the chance of us getting an offer. And does anyone know how this waiting list system works, thanks

They wait until they have given offers to the February interviews, and then depending on how many offers they have given, or if people have already firms other universities and rejected PMS, they fill the spaces with the people on the waiting list. They do this at a few other universities as well, as for chances of getting in, i don't know. I wouldnt have thought that many people would be on the waiting list, it would be kind of pointless having a massive list of extra people.
I've been put on two waiting lists now, so hopefully will get one. Good luck :smile:
Original post by delll

Also, at medical open days I have spoken to a number of current medical students who some of have said that they were waiting list applicants, so there is still hope!
Reply 1130
Interview came in :woohoo:

All the best to those still waiting. Don't give up hope; no news yet is almost like good news as they say :smile:
I recently checked the open day page for peninsula and it was talking about pcmd splitting into two separate med schools (Plymouth and exeter will each be single med schools) does anyone know if this applies to us? I'll call admissions later on aswell
Reply 1132
Original post by fdecas150
I recently checked the open day page for peninsula and it was talking about pcmd splitting into two separate med schools (Plymouth and exeter will each be single med schools) does anyone know if this applies to us? I'll call admissions later on aswell

No only from 2013 entry.
Reply 1133
Anyone know if there will be a post-offer open day?
Reply 1134
Original post by askari

there wasnt one last year
Original post by askari

Yes there's definitely some going on, check their website.
Original post by telephone
Did you take 2 gap years?

took one and got forced into another but a working year more than a gap year
Original post by delll
Hi, I have been on the waiting list (deferred decision list). Anyone think theres a chance of offer, i think there is about a 10% chance, please feel free to give your thoughts on it.

You just made that up, how can anyone possibly know.
Reply 1138
Original post by delll
I know I did, thats my opinion on it, :colondollar:, i just wanted people to post their thoughts of the chances, and also anyone know excatly how many are put of that deferred list

I think most people on this thread are just as clueless as you. Ask Peninsula tomorrow. I'm sure they would be able to answer most of your questions and put you at ease.
Hi, I'm on the waiting list thing and I rang up today and the lady from admissions said there was still a 50-50 chance of getting an offer, so I'm trying not to give up hope!

oh and also she said we will most likely find out end of feb not march.. so slightly less waiting wooo!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending