The Student Room Group

Peninsula Medical School Applicants thread 2012 entry.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Original post by H.J.P
The peninsula interview day was utter shambles.

Where you on the same day that I was ? :confused:

the only disorganised part for me was when they where checking everyone ID
Original post by OSharp
I had an interview Tuesday. I must say I can't understand the hate, it does seem very different to all the other medical schools i've seen, but no one forces you to apply there, at the end of the day everyone learns in different ways and if everywhere was the same we would end up with a pretty homologous group of medical professionals now, wouldn't we?

As for the organisation it seemed fine to me, the medical students and interviewers where really friendly, (even when i knocked my coke over in the waiting room) and although my interview was the last one and I can see the benefits of a non scripted interview, at some places its a lot more scripted and less friendly and i can understand why, for validity and comparability they do it as such. Also megga love for the students who sold me a pancake. :smile:

Personally I loved the place, it looks like it suits my style of learning and interests perfectly and really hope i get an offer now. fingers crossed :smile:

Ahh so ur the one who knocked over the coke in the waiting room. I was the fake international applicant :L
Reply 1262
Original post by Scapepicture
Ahh so ur the one who knocked over the coke in the waiting room. I was the fake international applicant :L

Oh you mean the rubbish liar :tongue:

How awesome where my cleaning skills though!
Original post by OSharp
Oh you mean the rubbish liar :tongue:

How awesome where my cleaning skills though!

not bad tbh. Where else did u apply and any news?
Reply 1264
not bad tbh. Where else did u apply and any news?

Only Peninsula and Belfast that haven't rejected me.

You know when i left my Panel interview bit I was the only one there everyone else had gone.

And yourself?
Reply 1265
Original post by delll
Is anyone in the position where they are really depending on Peninsula, being on the waiting list?

do they tell you your score if you are on the waiting list?
Reply 1266

Were you guys am or pm?
I've just firmed peninsula and my conditions are only the health check and form signing; anyone else in the same boat and knows what happens next?
Original post by OSharp
Only Peninsula and Belfast that haven't rejected me.

You know when i left my Panel interview bit I was the only one there everyone else had gone.

And yourself?

had three interviews and haven't heard anything from leeds yet lol
Reply 1269
Original post by RexyB
Were you guys am or pm?

I was PM :tongue: my interview was at 5! such a long wait
Reply 1270
Original post by fdecas150
I've just firmed peninsula and my conditions are only the health check and form signing; anyone else in the same boat and knows what happens next?

Congrats..a great decision:smile:

Last year I was told by email in April which campus we were allocated to and then informed that the CRB check would be initiated. A few days later I received a pack through the post about accommodation etc but I had already applied ( think there may have been a link in the email). This pack also had info on links to things like the medical school agreement,term dates, text book list etc and info about what would happen next. As I recall that was pretty much done until results were out and then it was just a matter of getting notification of your halls placement.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by snoz64
Congrats..a great decision:smile:

Last year I was told by email in April which campus we were allocated to and then informed that the CRB check would be initiated. A few days later I received a pack through the post about accommodation etc but I had already applied ( think there may have been a link in the email). This pack also had info on links to things like the medical school agreement,term dates, text book list etc and info about what would happen next. As I recall that was pretty much done until results were out and then it was just a matter of getting notification of your halls placement.

lol Thanks!

How much did you spend of the books? And once you firmed, how soon did you receive the email and pack?
Reply 1272
Ahh this waiting is killing me :s-smilie: did you guys receive offers/rejections via email or post :smile:

I keep playing the interview back in my head and realise stupid things I said.

Its such a nice place and as this is the last year we can apply there I really want to get in.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1273
Original post by fdecas150
lol Thanks!

How much did you spend of the books? And once you firmed, how soon did you receive the email and pack?

Advice on here generally from previous Peninsula students is to wait and see what works for you - some you can get free/discounted in freshers. If you skim through last years posts there are some really helpful ones inc pros and cons on various books by Carcinoma etc. Once there I spent about £150 on books in the first couple of months but don't anticipate spending much next year.

I firmed at the end of March- I think I had the campus allocation within a week or two. I think some people last year were getting it quicker than that.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1376989&page=73
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1275
Original post by OSharp
Where you on the same day that I was ? :confused:

the only disorganised part for me was when they where checking everyone ID

I was on the 21 in the afternoon. For us, it was just LOADS of waiting around and doing nothing. We started an hour later than we should have.
Reply 1276
Original post by H.J.P
I was on the 21 in the afternoon. For us, it was just LOADS of waiting around and doing nothing. We started an hour later than we should have.

Wha? where you in the group who did the late tour? because I went on the tour first and I got into my interview only a few minutes after everyone else at 5
Reply 1277
Original post by OSharp
Wha? where you in the group who did the late tour? because I went on the tour first and I got into my interview only a few minutes after everyone else at 5

Ye, I was in the late tour group. So had to sit for two hours. Then have my interview. Than wait for another hour. I decided to not go on the tour though. At the end of my interview I just wanted flop down somewhere and stuff my face...So I left. :P Did feel to bad about it, though... As I was leaving I got an offer from southampton:smile:
Reply 1278
Original post by H.J.P
Ye, I was in the late tour group. So had to sit for two hours. Then have my interview. Than wait for another hour. I decided to not go on the tour though. At the end of my interview I just wanted flop down somewhere and stuff my face...So I left. :P Did feel to bad about it, though... As I was leaving I got an offer from southampton:smile:

Fair enough then, i think you got the raw deal, Time seemed to go really quickly for me, which is good because i didnt fancy waiting 5 hours :tongue: how was your interview though?
Reply 1279
Original post by OSharp
Fair enough then, i think you got the raw deal, Time seemed to go really quickly for me, which is good because i didnt fancy waiting 5 hours :tongue: how was your interview though?

It was okay... But hard to tell. Although one lady yawned halfway through...*awks*
They seemed nice though and smiled at me. I misunderstood the context of on of the questions and they had to aske me again but hopefully it didn't go to bad. I don't mind getting rejected though if someone more deserving gets an offer, you only need one at the end of the day.

I almost sat on a glass of water though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending