The Student Room Group

Peninsula Medical School Applicants thread 2012 entry.

Scroll to see replies

Thought you guys might like an update as to what the hell is going on with PCMD.

The University of Exeter and Plymouth University have now signed the legal agreement that marks the demerger of PCMD and the creation of the University of Exeter Medical School, and Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine and Dentistry.
The main points of the agreement are outlined below:

Current Students and Graduation

Students will be admitted to the new Schools in 2013.

The last student intake to the PCMD joint programmes - medical students entering BMBS and dental students entering BDS - will be September 2012. Students will be afforded the same level of facilities and support throughout their studies as all currently registered PCMD students. Their curriculum and learning support facilities will remain the same and quality assurance will continue to be overseen by a Joint Approval and Review Board.

Current PCMD students and those registering in 2012 will graduate with a joint Exeter-Plymouth award and the universities will continue to organise a joint graduation for them, the location of which will alternate between the two cities. Joint awards will continue to be made until 2016/17 for dental students and 2017/18 for medical students, in line with the length of their respective programmes.

Intake

Exeter will have medicine only, with an annual intake of 120 Home/EU UG medical students. Plymouth will have both medicine and dentistry, with 80 medical students and 64 dental students. Places for international UG medical students will be allocated in accord with the national formula, with 10 to Exeter and 6 to Plymouth.

Course

The two new medical schools will not seek to make changes to their joint PCMD BMBS curriculum, which will be taught by both schools, until 2014 and any changes made thereafter will be with the approval of the GMC.

Clinical Palcements

For students admitted to the new medical schools, Plymouth will be allocated all of the placements at Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust (Derriford). Exeter will be allocated all of the placements at the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust, the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust and Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust. Exeter and Plymouth will share placements at the South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (Torbay Hospital).
Reply 1641
Original post by PeaceFreak
I'm in N flat too! Wait, is this Andrew?

To check you can log in here https://accommodation.exeter.ac.uk/pls/apex/f?p=1200350%3A1%3A129734815598116%3A%3ANO using the same pass you used to apply with

Yup, it is indeed :smile:
Reply 1642
Original post by carcinoma
Thought you guys might like an update as to what the hell is going on with PCMD.

For students admitted to the new medical schools, Plymouth will be allocated all of the placements at Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust (Derriford). Exeter will be allocated all of the placements at the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust, the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust and Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust. Exeter and Plymouth will share placements at the South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (Torbay Hospital).

Well not great news then, cheers I was wondering how it was progressing

I wonder how much of a split in terms of reputability after a few years.
I'm in N flat too! Wait, is this Andrew?

Wait, do we know the names of the people in our flat or did you do some stalking..? :tongue:

To check you can log in here https://accommodation.exeter.ac.uk/pls/apex/f?p=1200350%3A1%3A129734815598116%3A%3ANO using the same pass you used to apply with

I'm guessing that because my room starts with L, I must be in L flat.
K flat for me! Party on the first night in K flat for all TRS people :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1645
Hey guys

Just wondering hu has already got accommadation in Plymouth I got Robbins halls
Can't wait to get started after a gap year by way anyone have there interview on 13th of December ?
Reply 1646
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Wait, do we know the names of the people in our flat or did you do some stalking..? :tongue:

I'm guessing that because my room starts with L, I must be in L flat.

Aha, I posted in the facebook group that im in N flat :wink:
Reply 1647
I think I'm d block I'll have to go on the Facebook group
Original post by airdoc
Aha, I posted in the facebook group that im in N flat :wink:

Ah yes the facebook group
Thinking I should reactivate mine, or leave it as a surprise :colone:
Can't find a facebook group for Pilgrim halls in Plymouth :frown: Or not one that anyone has posted in this year anyway.
Original post by Dandy Lion
Can't find a facebook group for Pilgrim halls in Plymouth :frown: Or not one that anyone has posted in this year anyway.

Join this https://www.facebook.com/groups/274323555989083/

and this https://www.facebook.com/groups/274323555989083/#!/events/407183206000761/

for now, and a halls group will come about soon.

Okay thanks :smile:
Reply 1652
Original post by Dandy Lion
Me :biggrin:

Original post by MCD2012
Hey guys

Just wondering hu has already got accommadation in Plymouth I got Robbins halls
Can't wait to get started after a gap year by way anyone have there interview on 13th of December ?

Awesome. :smile: I've been allocated to Robbins, Flat J.
Reply 1653
Good luck for everyone getting results tomorrow.

Hope we all get in :confused:
Original post by OSharp
Good luck for everyone getting results tomorrow.

Hope we all get in :confused:

Good luck!
Hey everyone! Got my results today and I made my offer! I'm completely over the moon right now, I really can't believe it. I hope everyone else has got what they wanted and look forward to seeing you in September! :smile:

Also, has anyone had any luck accepting Plymouth accommodation? The site seems to have completely crashed :frown:
Reply 1656
Original post by mementomori
Hey everyone! Got my results today and I made my offer! I'm completely over the moon right now, I really can't believe it. I hope everyone else has got what they wanted and look forward to seeing you in September! :smile:

Congrats XD

MEE TOO !

soo happy right now I might start dancing
Reply 1657
The website is probs just overwhelmed by everyone trying to accept accomadation congratulations :smile:
Original post by OSharp
Congrats XD

MEE TOO !

soo happy right now I might start dancing

YAY congratulations!!
Hahaha, considering I got all of 2 hours sleep last night I should really be passed out right now but I'm on such a high.
Are you in Plymouth or Exeter to begin with?
Original post by MCD2012
The website is probs just overwhelmed by everyone trying to accept accomadation congratulations :smile:

Yeah that's what I gathered, finally managed to get on and confirm though :smile: Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending