The Student Room Group

Why did Mark Duggan 'deserve' to be killed ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kibalchich
Destroying the family? How exactly? Surely no benefits at all would destroy more families as we'd see starving kids on the streets.

Broken homes, benefits and black culture....

No benefits means scummy people wouldn't have so many kids and breed armies of scum.
Reply 21
Original post by marcusfox
Although the circumstances are yet to be determined, whether he shot at police, etc, one fact that has not been disputed is that he had a loaded gun. The police almost certainly knew that he was armed, hence the reason for the armed police carrying out the stop. It's not something that was only discovered when they searched his corpse.

Should it come out later that he was actually going for his gun, but was too slow, I expect you will probably slink off like all the other trolls here.

Regardless of whether he was or not, he was off on his way with an illegal weapon, loaded and ready for use, possibly even on his way to use it on a rival. Until everthing has come out, the police need to be given the benefit of the doubt, but I doubt there will be any surprises. Good riddance to bad rubbish in my opinion.

Exactly my thoughts....
Reply 22
Original post by Immortal Corrupter
Broken homes, benefits and black culture....

No benefits means scummy people wouldn't have so many kids and breed armies of scum.

"black culture"? Wtf does that mean?

Oh and you've avoided my question.
Reply 23
Original post by som1awesome
he had it coming,he shouldnt have being holding a gun illegally and shouldnt have being part of thestupid riots.........RIOTS=Real Idiots Of The Streets

He wasn't part of the riots. :facepalm:
Reply 24
He didn't. You need to realise that many police officers are thugs themselves. I know how certain members of the police operate having been on the receiving end of police brutality yet I've never done anything criminal.
"black culture"? Wtf does that mean?

Oh and you've avoided my question.

You know how all those rioters were like ''i'm a bad man innit, ya get me blud, man dem''....

That's not a normal attitude to have.
Reply 26
You know how all those rioters were like ''i'm a bad man innit, ya get me blud, man dem''....

No I don't know. Do you?
Reply 27
Original post by hamzazulfiqar
agreed he was filth. he shot the police and police felt his life was being threatened.

He didn't shoot the police.
He didn't shoot the police.

we dont know the truth. you cant say that he didnt shoot the police because the IPCC said so.
Reply 29

Is that supposed to be "black culture" btw? How come my black mates don't talk like that? How come I know white and asian people who talk like that?
Original post by Coben
Why would ANYONE think the fact he had a gun means he deserved death ??
We live in a society where murderers and rapists get mickey mouse sentences.

Serial killers are given 12 years in prison. Rapists are given 2 years in prison.

In the UK the average sentence for murder is 12 years. Most sexual assault and peadophilia charges are given suspended sentences. Some murderers get let out after 6 years with good behaviour.

We have famous cases of people who raped and killed given 16 years in jail.

If found guilty the penalty for possession of a prohibited firearm without a certificate is a maximum of ten years in prison and an uncapped fine.

Unauthorised possession of most kinds of firearm attract a mandatory minimum of five years.

So if found guilty Mark Duggan should will be spending at least 5 years in prison

Nothing more.

I don't get people stating he 'deserved' death simply for possessing a gun at the time the police stopped him.

If people who rape and murder are going to one day walk out of prison to live a free life, I don't see why he 'deserved' to die.

/rant

Logical fallacy is illogical...

I feel that most people would agree that what the listed people were given was not what they deserved...

(If he had a gun) as you've highlighted with many differing example, he would've been given a pathetic sentence. Provided he did actually have a gun, I definitely prefer that he was killed...

Seriously, what do people think guns are used for? At best he would use it to threaten/control people and I doubt anyone needs me to paint a picture of the worse case senerio...

*I'm under the assumption that he had a gun, but if the IPCC report says he didn't, then obviously his death was wrong...
Original post by Jeremy-Kyle-1991
+rep.

He was suspected to have a gun, therefore the police had to be armed to protect themselves, they hadn't aimed the gun at him, wanting to use it, let alone to kill him, it was used as a precaution, then as the risk level got higher and the officers were becoming more at risk, the last resort the officers thought necessary was to shoot him.
I haven't heard anyone saying he deserved to die for carrying a gun, I agree that is harsh and wrong. If he did have a gun maybe it was for safety from other gang members, but the bottom line is, he wasn't shot and killed for being suspected of carrying a gun, he was shot because he posed as a risk to the officers

I agree with this, I don't think anyone would like the thought of someone they cared for and loved to be at risk and next to someone carrying a gun (without knowing his intentions), you'd want the police to do everything they can to protect them.
Reply 32
Original post by A for Andromeda
Logical fallacy is illogical...

I feel that most people would agree that what the listed people were given was not what they deserved...

(If he had a gun) as you've highlighted with many differing example, he would've been given a pathetic sentence. Provided he did actually have a gun, I definitely prefer that he was killed...

Seriously, what do people think guns are used for? At best he would use it to threaten/control people and I doubt anyone needs me to paint a picture of the worse case senerio...

*I'm under the assumption that he had a gun, but if the IPCC report says he didn't, then obviously his death was wrong...

So what would the point of possesion or attempted murder charges be then if everyone who posseses a gun should be killed ?

Why is levi bellfield who killed three women including a 13 year old in the most degrading manner ever chilling in jail watching tv and eating whilst someone who carried a gun should be killed ?

How does that even make any sense.
Original post by Antzlck
He didn't. You need to realise that many police officers are thugs themselves. I know how certain members of the police operate having been on the receiving end of police brutality yet I've never done anything criminal.

Any group you look at, has 'members' who are thugs.

If someone was mugged/attacked by a black person, they would be an idiot to tar all black people with that brush. (And even more of an idiot to start burning down random peoples homes after...)

No one will deny that there are police officers who do target black/young people of any race, but they are in the minority and only an idiot would apply it across the board...
Is that supposed to be "black culture" btw? How come my black mates don't talk like that? How come I know white and asian people who talk like that?

Because you're lying, you have an agenda to insist the riots are multi racial and not majority black. You are also an apologist and should be locked up like the rioters.
Original post by Coben
So what would the point of possesion or attempted murder charges be then if everyone who posseses a gun should be killed ?

Why is levi bellfield who killed three women including a 13 year old in the most degrading manner ever chilling in jail watching tv and eating whilst someone who carried a gun should be killed ?

How does that even make any sense.

Again there seems to be a confusion between what people are given and what they deserve...

But if you read my post properly, I never said that someone who possess a gun should be killed, but instead made the distinction that being killed is closer to what they deserve then the pathetic prision sentence they would have recieved...
Reply 36
Original post by A for Andromeda
Any group you look at, has 'members' who are thugs.

If someone was mugged/attacked by a black person, they would be an idiot to tar all black people with that brush. (And even more of an idiot to start burning down random peoples homes after...)

No one will deny that there are police officers who do target black/young people of any race, but they are in the minority and only an idiot would apply it across the board...

Maybe so but as a young black man who has been effectively attacked by the police, when I've done nothing wrong, whether it's one rogue officer or not, it's absolutely destroyed my trust in the police. And I'm really not so sure it is such a minority ...
He wasn't killed because he had a gun he was killed because the police officer that shot at him was scared for his life. Even if you're not shooting at an officer, if you have a gun on your person and the police believe you are going to shoot they are allowed to shoot you. The officers never claimed that they shot him because he fired at them either.

Also his death doesn't justify the riots at all.

What about the white boy who was shot because he had a realistic looking toy gun on his person and the police thought it was real. He didn't drop it when they told him too instead he lifted it to try and show it was a toy but they shot him dead straight away as they thought he was raising the gun to shoot them. There were no riots for him now were there?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 38
Except he didn't did he? As predicted by anyone with an ounce of nous, the Met have been found to be lying. Again.

Erm... where exactly was the lie? Point it out for me...
Reply 39
Original post by wozza1991
Erm... where exactly was the lie? Point it out for me...

I believe the original story was that he fired at them ... At least that was what the media wanted us to believe. The police provided his family and community no answers.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending