The Student Room Group

Dundee Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Braddd
I think PS is definitely the main factor in getting an interview at Dundee. I mean, my academics are **** in comparison to most of the applicants. I didn't have straight 1s. I didn't have 5 As. My ukcat was only 612 and I still got an interview. Maybe they felt sorry for me...

Wow! That makes me feel so much better because my ukcat score isn't particularly great- 622.5 (2490) and i thought i wouldn't get an interview. :smile: thanks :smile:
Reply 81
what kind of stuff do dundee look for? know its a bit late now, but its my first choice :biggrin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LHoYbj7Omo&feature=related
all about the application process at dundee
Reply 83
Original post by atomos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LHoYbj7Omo&feature=related
all about the application process at dundee

The Stewart McKie guy gave us a tour last year after our interview.
Original post by Braddd
The Stewart McKie guy gave us a tour last year after our interview.

haha, him and possibly that same admissions guy came to my school last year to give a presentation on medicine at dundee and all about the course, academic families, events etc
Reply 85
Hi everyone I applied for Medicine at Glasgow, Edinburgh, St Andrews and Dundee and I have heard back from Glasgow, Edinburgh and St Andrews by email but Dundee haven't ackowledged my application - at least, they haven't emailed me. Should I be worried? I applied on the 14th October.
Thanks! :smile:
Original post by JFaithx
Hi everyone I applied for Medicine at Glasgow, Edinburgh, St Andrews and Dundee and I have heard back from Glasgow, Edinburgh and St Andrews by email but Dundee haven't ackowledged my application - at least, they haven't emailed me. Should I be worried? I applied on the 14th October.

Neither have I and I applied before you.
Reply 87
Original post by ChangedMyMind
Neither have I and I applied before you.

Okay that's a relief, I was panicking that they might have lost my application!
Original post by JFaithx
Okay that's a relief, I was panicking that they might have lost my application!

Yeah I think they just take ages to send out confirmations! Same with Aberdeen :smile:
dundee didn't send me a confirmation for ages last year, i eventually emailed them askign to confirm they'd received my application, but think that was november some time :tongue:
Reply 90
Original post by JFaithx

I just checked my emails and I didn't get mine through till the 1st of November last year.
Hi everyone!

2nd time applicant here, applied to the A104 last year and was unsuccessful after interview. At college this year getting my sciences and re-applying for the A100 this time.

Good luck!
Original post by chelseaelder
Hi everyone!

2nd time applicant here, applied to the A104 last year and was unsuccessful after interview. At college this year getting my sciences and re-applying for the A100 this time.

Good luck!

im a reapplicant also, hello! :cool:
Reply 93
Hmmm, I havn't even heard from St.Andrews yet along with Dundee...
Reply 94
Not heard from Dundee yet either. I thought they sent out a questionnaire/survey to be completed by every applicant, about their school choices and such? :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by baztech
Hmmm, I havn't even heard from St.Andrews yet along with Dundee...

Same here, maybe they just don't like re-applicants! St Andrew's have been responding to my emails though (just about evidence I had to send them, I missed my exams last year cause I was in hospital), so I think it's just their automated system that's slow :tongue:
Reply 96
Original post by Anon-123
Not heard from Dundee yet either. I thought they sent out a questionnaire/survey to be completed by every applicant, about their school choices and such? :smile:

Yep they do, got it from them last year
Original post by Anon-123

they do, but not right away, think it was november last year?
Reply 98
Original post by atomos
they do, but not right away, think it was november last year?

Yeah, it was.

Just so that people don't keep asking, this is when everything came through for me last year:

1st November - Receipt of application
10th November - Adversity questionnaire
9th December - Interview invite (All interview invites were given on same day)
14th January - Interview (They ran for a few weeks)
16th March - MY REJECTION (offers for others)
Original post by Braddd
X

Good idea.
This is what the timings were for me:

2nd Nov: Receipt of Application
10th Nov: Adversity Questionnaire
21st Dec: Rejection :redface: (they were all given out within a couple of days)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending