Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Dundee Medicine Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
Are you at uni? Can you help prospective students with their questions? We're looking for uni forum assistants 19-11-2014
  • View Poll Results: What was your average UKCAT score?
    Under 500
    0.67%
    500 - 549
    0.67%
    550 - 599
    6.00%
    600 - 649
    22.67%
    650 - 699
    37.33%
    700 - 749
    21.33%
    750 - 799
    6.67%
    800 or higher
    4.67%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vox0)
    Dundee - Interviewed 24/01/12 - Offer 09/03/12, Surname V.

But come on bro, there's no order to any of this pish. It could be pulling names out a hat for all we know about admissions decisions.

I don't wanna tell you not to worry... but... I dunno do something to pass the time it'll go easier on you.
    Yeah, I know. Completely wasn't thinking about it yesterday but it has been bugging me all day today.

Anyways, they probably work their way in from the definites to get an idea of the numbers.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    At least we will have heard by Friday ! That's a massive improvement on 'two weeks' which is what we were working with only a day or so ago And I know it's torture, but I detest Tuesdays, as it is the only day of the week I can't really say 'well it's almost Friday'. Tomorrow's Wednesday, which is almost Thursday which is almost Friday chins up everyone, the 5+ months of waiting is almost over!

I will be gutted if I get rejected, but I have reached the desperate point where I will be so relieved to have been put out of my misery that it will hopefully soften the blow!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Jasmine)
    Well, she said if you still havent heard by Friday you should call in to "get an update" as she put it.

Thank you!
    Ohhh ok thank youuu what phone number did you use???

(Original post by runawayxtrain)
    I think it means we'll get replies by friday, be it an offer or rejection. Good luck!
    i hope its just offers so that i dont have to worry about a rejection when checking track... but thats just what i hope
    i do think it will be offers and rejections..
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I hate admissions officers! Why can't they just give us a solid date or just send everything out at once!? Thinking that this could be it every time I log into my emails is torturous, and knowing that it must be some point this week but not being sure when only amplifies that stress! :mad:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farwa)
    Ohhh ok thank youuu what phone number did you use???

i hope its just offers so that i dont have to worry about a rejection when checking track... but thats just what i hope
    i do think it will be offers and rejections..
    This number: 01382 384697

Has anyone heard anything today?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    No news today!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else get their official offer letter via e-mail tonight? So exciting!

Fingers crossed for everyone who has yet to hear!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChangedMyMind)

Congratulations! No news for me yet.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully we'll only need to wait until at the latest friday (when an earlier poster said all offers would be given). Can't help but think admissions will turn round on friday though and say 'oh aye, you'll need to wait until next week now.'

Good luck to everyone
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The thing that is bugging me the most is what order they are giving the offers out in? It could be random, or is it best > worst? Anyone have any idea? It could also be UCAS number...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by why-hello-there)
    Hopefully we'll only need to wait until at the latest friday (when an earlier poster said all offers would be given). Can't help but think admissions will turn round on friday though and say 'oh aye, you'll need to wait until next week now.'

Good luck to everyone
    Oh I really hope not. I am really really desperate to hear!!!!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    The thing that is bugging me the most is what order they are giving the offers out in? It could be random, or is it best > worst? Anyone have any idea? It could also be UCAS number...
    No idea - but I would be inclined to say it won't be based on something like UCAS number or last name, especially given people were not interviewed in that order or even invited to interview in that order.

It is more than likely not based on anything at all, but if it is anything I'd say they will follow the same metric they did for inviting to interview - those far over the line first, then those far behind the line, then those in the middle. But I would say that since I have an offer
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    This number: 01382 384697

Has anyone heard anything today?
    thank you

no one heard anything today i really hope they end out offers by friday
    cant wait any longer!!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

As a grad, did you get a quote for entry fees? Not sure but I was pleasantly surprised to see that Dundee appear to be charging me significantly less than I was expecting for 2012/2013.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone still waiting for feedback?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vox0)
    As a grad, did you get a quote for entry fees? Not sure but I was pleasantly surprised to see that Dundee appear to be charging me significantly less than I was expecting for 2012/2013.
    I'm a grad and it said £9037 which is what I was expecting as I am Rest of UK... are you Scottish?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vox0)
    Yeah I saw that too and was pleasantly surprised - though I didn't think the scottish government had agreed fees yet? If that was the fees that would be great!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feverdream)
    I'm a grad and it said £9037 which is what I was expecting as I am Rest of UK... are you Scottish?
    I am from Scotland yes, so I have to pay 4 years of fees I believe, but I was expecting something like 2,795 per year but have been quoted significantly less than that per year.

Yeah I saw that too and was pleasantly surprised - though I didn't think the scottish government had agreed fees yet? If that was the fees that would be great!
    Couldn't say, just had a look through my other choices' websites and they are all charging more or have not decided on fee status. But it looks too me that Dundee have already decided what to charge us right? If (and it's a big if) I get other offers then that could be a huge swing in favour for Dundee!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was also surprised to see the low figure on my letter! Is it right? If so, HAPPY DAYS
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vox0)
    I am from Scotland yes, so I have to pay 4 years of fees I believe, but I was expecting something like 2,795 per year but have been quoted significantly less than that per year.

Couldn't say, just had a look through my other choices' websites and they are all charging more or have not decided on fee status. But it looks too me that Dundee have already decided what to charge us right? If (and it's a big if) I get other offers then that could be a huge swing in favour for Dundee!
    Aaah, Rest of UK racism. Slowly but surely putting me off Dundee.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.