The Student Room Group

Dundee Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Original post by Vox0
Re-apply if glasgow doesn't come through. I'll help you out if you do! :biggrin:

already a reaaplicant ..
third time ??
Reply 1101
Original post by Farwa
already a reaaplicant ..
third time ??

I did. It can be done :smile:
Has anyone heard anything since friday?
Nope, no letter yet.. Don't know about anyone else though!
just phoned admissions, they said it will definitely be this week!!!
Original post by chelseaelder
just phoned admissions, they said it will definitely be this week!!!

Thank you! Did they say there are more offers to be given out?)
Reply 1106
Original post by Vox0
I did. It can be done :smile:

so this is your third time applying ? :O
Reply 1107
Original post by Farwa
so this is your third time applying ? :O

Yeah it is (I almost gave up). I've heard of people applying up to 7 times and gaining an offer too so it isn't unheard of and its not like admissions look unfavourably on people who continue to gain experience and continue to get back up and apply again year after year.

Anyway, too early to talk about this for you (fingers crossed Glasgow!). But if it happens and you're going again feel free to PM :biggrin:
Original post by Annie2129

didn't say, but they just said everyone would hear back before the end of the week. but i imagine there are a lot of offers still to go out. from what i've gathered, everyone who has recieved an offer has either been a scottish applicant already meeting the entry requirements being offered an unconditional, and other applicants who get exam results later being offered conditionals for the entry requirements (e.g. english applicants being asked for AAA). So, I assume the time between their offers being given out and now has been spent on deciding what the conditional offers for individual applicants will be
Reply 1109
Original post by Vox0
Yeah it is (I almost gave up). I've heard of people applying up to 7 times and gaining an offer too so it isn't unheard of and its not like admissions look unfavourably on people who continue to gain experience and continue to get back up and apply again year after year.

Anyway, too early to talk about this for you (fingers crossed Glasgow!). But if it happens and you're going again feel free to PM :biggrin:

yes fingers crossed for glasgow

otherwise i'll pm you :biggrin: thank you
didn't say, but they just said everyone would hear back before the end of the week. but i imagine there are a lot of offers still to go out. from what i've gathered, everyone who has recieved an offer has either been a scottish applicant already meeting the entry requirements being offered an unconditional, and other applicants who get exam results later being offered conditionals for the entry requirements (e.g. english applicants being asked for AAA). So, I assume the time between their offers being given out and now has been spent on deciding what the conditional offers for individual applicants will be

I have seen quite a few conditional offers given out for applicants, I think the time is more likely to have been spent deciding on borderline applicants but earlier n this thread somebody phoned up and was told that offers given out were just for the people that had been discussed and were in no particular order.
Original post by Annie2129

I phoned them too and they said OFFERS and rejections are still to be made :smile:
Original post by _Jasmine
I phoned them too and they said OFFERS and rejections are still to be made :smile:

awesome. fingers crossed!
Reply 1113
Just got a rejection via ucas track :frown:
Original post by akalasa
Just got a rejection via ucas track :frown:

Same :frown:
rejection :frown:
Reply 1116
Also got a rejection :frown:
Reply 1117
Rejected through track :frown:
rejection here too :frown: