The Student Room Group

Dundee Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by atomos
Good idea.
This is what the timings were for me:

2nd Nov: Receipt of Application
10th Nov: Adversity Questionnaire
21st Dec: Rejection :redface: (they were all given out within a couple of days)

Ahhh all so far away!
Original post by Braddd
Yeah, it was.

Just so that people don't keep asking, this is when everything came through for me last year:

1st November - Receipt of application
10th November - Adversity questionnaire
9th December - Interview invite (All interview invites were given on same day)
14th January - Interview (They ran for a few weeks)
16th March - MY REJECTION (offers for others)

Thanks for that! Just wanted to ask, do interview offers come through UCAS or through the uni? Also, do they get emailed or posted?
Reply 102
Original post by noregrets
Thanks for that! Just wanted to ask, do interview offers come through UCAS or through the uni? Also, do they get emailed or posted?

They get emailed from the uni. You then have to book your interview online. I don't really remember getting anything through the post from them.
Original post by Braddd
They get emailed from the uni. You then have to book your interview online. I don't really remember getting anything through the post from them.

Cool, thank you! Good luck to everyone, hope we get some interviews! :^_^:
Reply 104
Original post by KCosmo
Yep they do, got it from them last year

What does the questionaire ask you about :smile:?
Reply 105
Original post by LHC

I was gonna copy and paste the form until I read this at the bottom: 'I agree not to disclose any element of the application process not publicly available, including my responses to it.'

It was basically a form asking about 'exceptionally adverse circumstances or factors out with your control'. If none of the things applied to you then you didn't have to reply.
Reply 106
Original post by Braddd
I was gonna copy and paste the form until I read this at the bottom: 'I agree not to disclose any element of the application process not publicly available, including my responses to it.'

It was basically a form asking about 'exceptionally adverse circumstances or factors out with your control'. If none of the things applied to you then you didn't have to reply.

Ohhh ok, so really it is only for people who maybe didn't meet the academic requirements due to a specific reason ie illness?
Reply 107
Original post by LHC

Yeh, like other people said, it's really just to see if you've been disadvantaged in any way, i.e. if you are a young carer you might not have had all the time you wanted to study for exams etc.
Reply 108
anybody got an acknowledgement yet :smile:?
Reply 109
Original post by Anterior view
Not yet:frown:

me neither :frown: i'm asking cause i noticed last year people got theirs from dundee around the 1st and 2nd of november :O it's the only acknowledgement i'm yet to receive :frown: :L
Reply 110
Ahh, no acknowledgment from Dundee yet! Hopefully soon!
just got sent my questionnaire, some news from dundee finally!
jep. me too. although I find it quite strange to be sent the questionaire before the acknowledgement... ah well :tongue:
Original post by atomos

Me too! Though I noticed it was sent to a dundee.ac.uk e-mail address as well, which I dont have access too :frown:
Reply 114
Original post by atomos

I just checked my emails and was raging because I didn't have one from them. Refreshed it though and it came through. Cool.
Original post by Braddd
I just checked my emails and was raging because I didn't have one from them. Refreshed it though and it came through. Cool.

i dont have one!!!! :/
Reply 116
Original post by ChangedMyMind
Me too! Though I noticed it was sent to a dundee.ac.uk e-mail address as well, which I dont have access too :frown:

You'll get sent login details for 'my dundee' with your acknowledgement however they're taking their time this year with them.
Original post by Braddd
You'll get sent login details for 'my dundee' with your acknowledgement however they're taking their time this year with them.

yip panic over! ta
Reply 118
Bit confused with what "semi-skilled" means for parents work? My Mum's in admin....what does this mean.
Reply 119
Remember it says at the bottom that you don't need to fill it in and send it back unless you DO have any adverse circumstances you wish to tell them about.. I almost did until I read the last line of the email ha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending